Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Jose & Henry's Home - Pics :-)

Page 5 of 15
your floors look amazing, we were told we couldn't have polished concrete.

and, ahem, nice gyprock...
evelyng
your floors look amazing, we were told we couldn't have polished concrete.

and, ahem, nice gyprock...

Thanks evelyng we are very happy with the floor. It turned out better than expected as it is standard concrete without any added colour or stone. We were also told initially that we could not have polished concrete as it may get damaged during the build. Then they suggested that we talk to the SS

You thought the gyprock fixers were ahem. Wait until you see the gyprock flusher
Hello

I am building with Dechellis and agree that their standard range for selections has been very good. I'm only waiting for council approval and then it will be all systems go. Very interested in your thread. Will have to get my own started too.
Here he is - the gyprock flusher.

He was working all weekend. And it was very hot here in SA today!

The ensuite from the bedroom

Our main bedroom

3rd bedroom

The gyprock flusher again

Jose27

So does he realise he was going to be a web forum "spunk of the month" ?
vid
Jose27

So does he realise he was going to be a web forum "spunk of the month" ?

"spunk of the month"
I better not let the old man see this comment.

You know what happens when someone makes a comment like that about you.
Second fix carpenters (who were also our first fix carpenters) arrived today and put up some of our doors.

So, as you guessed - we have been locked out as of today.

Also arriving were the skirting and architraves

As dear Henry did not take the camera with him today - we have no pics to post
Second fix carpenters were busy little bees today.

Garage door. The doors are the same through out the house except they do not have the trilock.

Laundry door

Skirting and architraves in meals area

Front door
Yay!

The brickies finally came back and finished off the Portico!

looking lovely
What colour is your roof?
seeking solutions
looking lovely
What colour is your roof?

Thanks seeking solutions. Our house is taking shape quite quickly and I must say that your reno is looking good.
Where abouts are your reno's up to?
The roof is Surfmist, Dune facias, Dune gutters and White windows. The roof throws different colours in pictures at different angles. I think the sun plays a big part in the colour changes or maybe all the black roofs around us make the colour change
(neighbors on both sides of us have a black roof and the one across the road has a black roof)
We are surrounded by black roofs.
Jose27
The roof is Surfmist, Dune facias, Dune gutters and White windows. The roof throws different colours in pictures at different angles. I think the sun plays a big part in the colour changes or maybe all the black roofs around us make the colour change
(neighbors on both sides of us have a black roof and the one across the road has a black roof)
We are surrounded by black roofs.

We have found the same with our roof it looks totally different on cloudy days than it does on a bright sunny day.
Our external colours:

Roof - Surfmist

Gutters - Dune

Fascia - Dune

Downpipes - Solver "Hawk"

Eaves - Solver "Hawk"

Bricks - Austral "Grange"

Portico - Austral "Grange"

Rear Render & Alfresco - Solver "Hawk"

Front Render - Solver "Lost in Space"

Windows - A & L "White"

Doors - Solver "Whitetone"

Front Door - Stain "Maple"
Hi, I thought I should add some pictures of the colours to help paint a picture of the facade.

Some more pics of the polished concrete which will be finished after the painter has gone.

The spa for the main bedroom.

The front door and full length awning windows.

The laundry door. We changed it from a glass slider to a solid timber door so that we could fit Cadbury's doggy door in.

Hi Jose, everything is coming along so quickly. Looks great !

Painting next ?
evelyng

Painting next ?

Thanks evelyng. Yes things are coming a long. The kitchen arrives at the beginning of next week
I am biting my fingernails while I wait to see it. I picked the kitchen colours without actually seeing one built. I chose things that I liked and wanted so I'm hoping that it all works out.

There is no tiler in sight as yet and no painting as yet either. I am thinking that the joy of Xmas and the lack of tradies is going to make the next couple of months sloooow.
Jose27
evelyng

Painting next ?

Thanks evelyng. Yes things are coming a long. The kitchen arrives at the beginning of next week
I am biting my fingernails while I wait to see it. I picked the kitchen colours without actually seeing one built. I chose things that I liked and wanted so I'm hoping that it all works out.

There is no tiler in sight as yet and no painting as yet either. I am thinking that the joy of Xmas and the lack of tradies is going to make the next couple of months sloooow.
/quote]

I know what you mean about the kitchen. I am not entirely certain what mine will look like either. I brought in a picture and John said said yep and we showed him some colours and before we knew it, it was done.
Not sure what we're getting but like you hopefully it all works out !!

Looking forward to seeing more of your selections next week !
A little birdie told me that all of our cabinets have been put in

I bet you don't know where I will be going after work tonight
OK! you guessed it
I went to have a lookskee and this is what I found

Starting with the laundry.

Followed by the powder room

The ensuite (same as powder room)

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

27/06/2023
Wisdom home facade

Building A New House

Hi, guys! If you've built with Wisdom Homes, would you mind sharing images of your front facades once they're all rendered? I'm considering signing up with them for a wide…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum