Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Which option.....ideas welcome......page 4

Page 5 of 5
gweluphome
I am thinking of a few different options....
1. Is a full wall of curtains so you can't tell the window finishes short..
2. Just white shutters like the rest of the house
3. A feature wall paint with a textured roman on both walls....the taller window wall also the wall that has the door to the WIR so this is not ideal to paint any other colour aother than the wall colour( a white of some description)

So please share your thoughts ideas or photos.....

the other issue of balance is that the window on the LHS finishes lower than the RHS and the LHS corner window .

Also having windows that meet at the corner can create some challenges. For instance having roman blinds on both walls, and with what looks to be a small recess means that the operation of each blind will interfere with each other at the corner. It would also create light coming in at the corner, which may be an issue for you.

You could have shutters and then dress curtains (floor to ceiling), but it is a little difficult to see proportions when I can't see the full length of the wall.

You could have a curtains on the LHS, made that when pulled back it covers the smaller square window in the corner, thus emilinating the difference in height in that wall. Blind or shutters then could be put on the RHS wall.
Thanks guys for your input, I have researched a little more and I am thinking I would like to do the wall of curtain idea or just shutters and pretend like the windows aren't there....like you said Netadelle, that way I could focus on the furniture....My furniture however is quite simple and I really wanted to some how make a statement somewhere in the room.
Either way here are some inspiration photo ideas.....
This one I am thinking like this but putting the bed against the curtain....

The shutter idea

I like the way this curtain wraps around the corner as will need to in my room

I like the way this coloured curtain against the wall on the left looks like a really nice solid colour

Maybe just white would look classy and I could hit DH up for a 4 poster in the future......

Any further preferences.......please.
Related
15/02/2024
Welcome to 2024 - Gyprocking prices have increased 40%!

Building A New House

Tradie may sit at home but will need to get house plastered as well or will you sit it out?

24/09/2023
Flooring option for bedroom and passage

Flooring & Floor Covering

Newbie question for flooring options. We are thinking of changing the flooring for bedrooms and passage area. Last time we looked at flooring options was almost 8years…

7/04/2024
XCEM Alphafloor vs Hebel Power Floor Subfloor option

Building A New House

Would also like an opinion from anyone that has used xcem over hebel for floors. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum