Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 398 of 862
Things have been going pretty smoothly so far since the frame stage. Our SS has been fantastic and top of everything. Unfortunately got some bad news today will be getting a new SS from next week. Not very happy about it as things have been going smoothly.
It's week 10 and brick work almost done. Plasterboards completed.
:)

Can't wait to see how the staircase and colour selections will look. Fingers crossed.
Just an update. Everything going smoothly here. Completed fix stage Thursday and had a look around on Friday. Few issues but everything so far has been dealt with. Losing our SS who has been very organised and on top of everything. It was good that our new SS was also there. Had a good chat with him and confident all will stay on track - will have to wait and see. Can't wait to have another look after the painting has finished.
Mummadj - we are not far behind you. Checked out your blog. Great wall colour and like the extra cabinets along the kitchen window.
Adj78 - checked out your blog. Looks like everything moving along smoothly for you. Looking forward to seeing your colours come together on your facade.

tinker
Things have been going pretty smoothly so far since the frame stage. Our SS has been fantastic and top of everything. Unfortunately got some bad news today will be getting a new SS from next week. Not very happy about it as things have been going smoothly.

Can't wait to see how the staircase and colour selections will look. Fingers crossed.

Hi tinker

Great to hear it is all going well. I have been checking your blog and was hoping all was ok since you had not updated for a while. Certainly hope our build goes as smoothly
Looking great Belle. Looks like we are at similar stages. It is funny how different SS work. Our Electrical fit off is this week, following the painting. I can see you have holes for power points around.
Our houses are very similar looking from the outside design. We were supposed to have 2 front doors but we changed down to one. It was interesting seeing the black shadowline in your kitchen, I had to check my plans as ours is white and couldn't remember what we had picked. We have picked white when I checked. I think they both look good.
Looks fantastic Belle, were not too far off the slab stage ourselves so getting exciting
belle10
Just an update. Everything going smoothly here. Completed fix stage Thursday and had a look around on Friday. Few issues but everything so far has been dealt with. Losing our SS who has been very organised and on top of everything. It was good that our new SS was also there. Had a good chat with him and confident all will stay on track - will have to wait and see. Can't wait to have another look after the painting has finished.
Mummadj - we are not far behind you. Checked out your blog. Great wall colour and like the extra cabinets along the kitchen window.
Adj78 - checked out your blog. Looks like everything moving along smoothly for you. Looking forward to seeing your colours come together on your facade.

Looking great Bella10. We had a few issues but our SS was great and very organized. Unfortunately we too have a new SS
haven't met the new one yet. Hope he is as good. And things continue to go smoothly. Good luck with yours too.
Back Pocket
tinker

Hi tinker

Great to hear it is all going well. I have been checking your blog and was hoping all was ok since you had not updated for a while. Certainly hope our build goes as smoothly

Hi back pocket.
There were a few minor issues but r SS was great he would get it fixed in a couple of days. I have to update the blog soon. How is it going so far?I hope so too good luck.
Everyone's houses are looking great!! We are in the middle of fix stage and was wondering if anyone hired a building inspector for fix stage? We had them for frame and lock up but undecided about this stage.
Belle10 – Your house looks fantastic! That has to be the Balmain façade – correct? That is the one we chose.. It looks really nice with your colours… The only one I have seen is around the corner from our house and they chose really horrible colours – so it put me off a little… However, you have restored my faith…
Mummadj – your place is looking fantastic also… Sounds like things are starting to pick up again.. not long now.
Sambogirl81 – good luck with slab pour. It all seems to move so quickly from there!
Lurgen – good work on PCI.. Glad you got some good news..
mzmOntague – good luck with PCI
Clairemumto5 – how is your building going?
Hello to anyone else I missed!!
It occurred to me I haven't posted any recent photos, so at risk of overloading the thread here you go:

You house looks amazing Lurgen!
Looking fab Lurgen. It is amazing the amount of dust on the floors!
Kitchen is looking fabulous. It is all coming together now.
What flooring have you used?
MummaDJ
Looking fab Lurgen. It is amazing the amount of dust on the floors!
Kitchen is looking fabulous. It is all coming together now.
What flooring have you used?

Not sure where you're seeing dust on those shots - the light is hitting them in an odd way, but they looked spotless when I was there taking the photos. That said, I'm expecting them to show dust up far too easily

The flooring is Bolero in Rustic Grey for the living areas, carpet in the bedrooms. I was very pleased with the way the Bolero looked once I saw it laid out in large quantity. It also feels better than real wood to my feet - less noise, softer somehow. Less echo as well.

This week there are very few items outstanding. This might help to give people an idea of what was left after PCI...
- Paint touchup (so many spots!)
- Installation of appliances
- Installation of hot water
- Commissioning of solar panels
- Exterior site cleanup
- Fixing the electrical problems (mistakes made due to wrong plans, that one will be a toughie)
- Installing exhaust vent into the roof
- Fixing minor defects (window seals, shelving, a broken door lock, a tap that isn't quite right, etc.)
- One more clean of the site

I still have a lot of worries and a bunch of things I'm not at all happy about, but some are being dealt with (the sparkies are out there re-doing a lot of their previous work) and others are simply not worth going into here (sick of my posts being deleted).
Ally007
mzmOntague
Ally007
mzmOntague, we are also building a Montague 21, what extras did you add to the basic layout?

Hi Ally007,
We chose the 4th Bedroom and Alfresco option with the Coburn facade. I would of loved the bigger kitchen option but unfortunately our land wasn't big enough to fit it.
As for the extras, we, added a window in between the kitchen and alfresco so the kitchen didn't seem so closed off, extended the garage, added a water point for the fridge and a gas point outside for the BBQ and upgraded the light fixtures. There was a few other things which I can't think of off the top of my head, but our package with PD also included things like a double vanity in the ensuite, glass splash-back for the kitchen, fly screens on all openable windows, driveway and a few other things also. This is our first home and unfortunately we had a limited budget, I would of loved to upgrade more but I'm pretty happy with what we have chosen.

What option did you go with and what sort of extras have you added? Has your house already begun construction?

Hi,

we went for the 4th bedroom, living, extended kitchen and grand alfresco option, I think that is as big as you can go... We picked the Throngate facade even though I wanted to pick the same one you guys have... My husband also insisted on eaves all around the house. We have a big bi-fold window in the kitchen, we also added the water point for the fridge and extended the WIP because otherwise the fridge wouldn't fit in, splash back to island bench, longer bath and spa jets to the bath in the bathroom, gas point to the alfresco, niches in the showers, ceiling dumper in the en suite shower, under mount sink, glass range hood... the packages are pretty good as well, including landscaping tot he front of the house, driveway and path, veggie sprayer, flyscreens...

Construction hasn't started yet, we have our colour and electrical appointment next Friday and contract signing the week after... site start should be sometime in October... fingers crossed... Do you have any photos to share?

That sounds great! I would of loved that option, but unfortunately do to limited land space we had to make some sacrifices
. We went for the ceiling dumper in the en suite shower and niches also, I cant wait to use it!
Good luck with your colour and electrical appointments this Friday. Do you know what colours you want yet? Fingers crossed for you for October site start, it will fly from there. What area will you be building in?
I do have photos, I need to stop being lazy and upload some!
Lurgen, now I feel bad about commenting on dust. Just one photo looking into lounge, looked like I could see footprints across to the powerpoint. Sorry.
Great to hear it is the Bolero, we are getting Bolero also, but the Rustic Coffee. Super to hear that you are happy with it.
MummaDJ
Lurgen, now I feel bad about commenting on dust. Just one photo looking into lounge, looked like I could see footprints across to the powerpoint. Sorry.
Great to hear it is the Bolero, we are getting Bolero also, but the Rustic Coffee. Super to hear that you are happy with it.

Heh, don't feel bad. These floors are dust magnets and an observation during build of dust isn't even slightly offensive!

I was worried enough about dust on them to buy a Roomba, remember?

Chances are there's dust all over the place in them, after all the painters were in there that week sanding my feature walls.

Rustic Coffee is really nice, should be great in your place.
Ahahahaha, I can see the footprints now! Classic!
Thanks for asking ajd78 - its not - really annoyed but what can u do.
mzmOntague

That sounds great! I would of loved that option, but unfortunately do to limited land space we had to make some sacrifices
. We went for the ceiling dumper in the en suite shower and niches also, I cant wait to use it!
Good luck with your colour and electrical appointments this Friday. Do you know what colours you want yet? Fingers crossed for you for October site start, it will fly from there. What area will you be building in?
I do have photos, I need to stop being lazy and upload some!

Are you putting the dumper in the middle of the shower or is it towards the outside wall? I want it in the middle, if they will move the vent over the shower a bit towards the toilet.
We did pick some of the colours this weekend but I keep changing my mind, we will probably go for white/grey/black in the ensuite and bathroom, I picked the tiles as well, they are white but with stripes so now I'm worried that having the cabinets grey with stripes will clash... aaaaah so many decisions.. We are building in Ambrosia, Cranbourne West. Which Montague displays did you visit before deciding?
stop being lazy and get me some photos lol
Lurgen - house looking great. Hope handover goes well for you.

Ajd - thanks. Yes Balmain façade. Opted for the standard as preferred to spend dollars on bigger alfresco.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum