Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 394 of 433
Kimmykim
Thanks Sweetswisssteel! Will check with the fridge retailer
I doubt you fridge retailer will want to be doing any plumbing in your house. Depending on where you're fridge niche is, it may be impossible to add water if you're 2 storey. If you're building a single storey, any plumber can do it if they can access cold water in the roof space

Drew01
Kimmykim
I doubt you fridge retailer will want to be doing any plumbing in your house. Depending on where you're fridge niche is, it may be impossible to add water if you're 2 storey. If you're building a single storey, any plumber can do it if they can access cold water in the roof space

Ours is double storey. Our fridge niche is behind our powder room.
Kimmykim
Drew01
Kimmykim

Ours is double storey. Our fridge niche is behind our powder room.

It could probably be plumbed off the powder room; a friend did something similar for their kitchen reno.
Thanks Blackcat!
Kimmykim
Thanks Blackcat!
What house design did you build? I know in a Glendale it would be a challenge

Drew01
Kimmykim
Thanks Blackcat!

Winchester 28
Drew01
Kimmykim
Thanks Blackcat!

The winchester has the powder room right behind the fridge cavity so its pretty easily done I reckon.
blackcat20
Drew01
Kimmykim
Thanks Blackcat!

The winchester has the powder room right behind the fridge cavity so its pretty easily done I reckon.

that's a win then

I'd chat to one of the M plumbers to see what they think before committing to a plumbed in fridge, just in case it requires substantial wall opening to do it
cant believe I am also building winchester 28 lol as blackcat and kimmy did but sitting at very early stage.
Didn't say retailer would do it, I said get a quote then see if the retailer will discount you the amount. Worth a try

sweetswisssteel
Didn't say retailer would do it, I said get a quote then see if the retailer will discount you the amount. Worth a try

I know what I would have responded with when I was in retail... Not my problem how your house was built mate...

It's not unlike buying a car that doesn't fit in the garage and asking the car dealership to discount how much it costs to extend your garage...

Drew01
sweetswisssteel

I know what I would have responded with when I was in retail... Not my problem how your house was built mate...

It's not unlike buying a car that doesn't fit in the garage and asking the car dealership to discount how much it costs to extend your garage...

Nah mate, disagree. It's a free market economy we live in, I always ask for discounts and only buy from the retailer that does the best deal. You actually don't even need to tell them why you want a discount, just ask for it. If the fridge cost $2000 and a plumber wants to charge $400, then your just asking for 20% off. Not unheard of. Cheers

Just got an email from our SM that Home Presentation to be set on 4th or 5th October. House will be ready without driveway and appliances. The reason that our SM has given is minimise the amount of trades using the driveway. I know it's common to have appliances installed after home presentation but I haven't heard about driveway. Also we are getting a private home inspection on that day itself for pre handover inspection, I am puzzled how that can be done. Anyone experience that? Can we oppose to that?
How have people found their site clean with M? I'm really disappointed that they've spread really dirty fill across what was really good soil. I'm hesitant to accept it as it is given we don't know how safe it is. It's full of concrete, brick bits, nails and fibrous chunks.

blackcat20
How have people found their site clean with M? I'm really disappointed that they've spread really dirty fill across what was really good soil. I'm hesitant to accept it as it is given we don't know how safe it is. It's full of concrete, brick bits, nails and fibrous chunks.

Definitely not "clean fill"

Macher
blackcat20

Agree and I don't think we should have to accept that. We have them a clean site, I don't want a dirty one returned.

Our home presentation has been delayed to 5th October too. Not sure when the inspection needs to happen. I will check with my SM. Also does anyone know the order as we had electrical defects, wrong stacker door installed.and some other minor things to be fixed...etc...
I want to know how long generally after customer presentation is handover and what do people accept to be done post handover....I do not want handover till everything is completed. Any thoughts ?
Also we don't have gas services connected yet.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
blackcat20
Macher
blackcat20

Agree and I don't think we should have to accept that. We have them a clean site, I don't want a dirty one returned.

Agree...how come they get to return anything less than the condition it was given to them in.

To all those who have already built ...where did you put blinds...and where did u put curtains. Also what did you do for the stacker door, balcony and laundry door.

blackcat20

Unsure why M doesn't keep check and balance on these things, No accountability for their actions ? Site supervisor cant see this as an issue ?
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum