Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 394 of 828
ASJ1981
doosra
MandM+4
I think about $70 for downlight provisions. So can save about $30 per light doing it yourselves.

Yes, it's like $130 per downlights and $71 per cut out. Downlights can be bought for as low as $10 each so you're saving alot. I have 66 cut outs so that's about 3k savings+

Thanks doosra
My friend who built with Metricon was quoted $200 per downlight (!!), so she went with the holes cut option.
That's just robbery !! The downlights that u get with wisdom are good quality and have 3 color settings and are worth about $25-30 each, but really will do the same job as a $10-$15 downlights if you're ok with a fixed color

doosra
That's just robbery !! The downlights that u get with wisdom are good quality and have 3 color settings and are worth about $25-30 each, but really will do the same job as a $10-$15 downlights if you're ok with a fixed color

I know right! She thought it was ridiculous too!

I am finding so much good info from this forum! Thanks so much for the tips, guys!

Our consultant is going to submit our Sales Estimate to head office in preparation for Tender. If i haven't included variations such as Electrical and Tiling Allowances, can i still add them after? We told her about downlights and the possibility of upgrading tiles, but she didnt include this in our estimate... I made my own spreadsheet and added Tile Allowance (to keep track of the provisions and costs for my own info).
ASJ1981
MrsLlamas2016
ASJ1981
For those who posted pics of their house progress - thanks and yay!! How exciting must that feeling be!! We are not at that stage yet, but i get excited looking at your pics because i can just imagine the feeling

Just a quick question.. has anyone ever removed the beam/post that separates the alfresco and the indoor living space (the beam/post where the leisure and dining room meet - as per my pic below)? Forgot to ask our consultant at the last appointment! And roughly how much this would cost? I'm sure it's a common thing to do. We really think it would open up the space and I've seen it done before on a few display homes. Just in case i didn't explain myself properly, i circled it on the pic below, haha!

TIA!

Yes as mentioned it depends on your house! Ours was about 10k too I think so we scrapped that idea, and we also figured we never would have the doors open anyway as in summer the BUGS are everywhere!!! So we would put flyscreens in anyway and lose the whole effect. Personal preference though- but my best advice is to remember You are LIVING there. Yes make it beautiful, but don't forget the practicality aspect as you'll curse your choices for years to come if it's just based on looks.

As an option, We did ask for the smallest pillar possible though and they knocked two bricks off the size. Hope that helps!

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes

Mrsllamas2016. you are full of great advice! I told my hubby that 10k wasn't practical at all and he agreed. Thank you very much for that info/advice! Thanks for the pics as well - good idea about the bricks. Might ask them to do this for us too -.yours look awesome! Btw, LOVE your floors. Please, what's the colour/range?

This is my second time building, so i learnt my lessons last time

There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to do it for you, but you may find on your size house, the pillar was smaller than our original plans anyhow.

They were picked from the prestige standard range, 500x500 and j think the colour is called Grigio.
It's not on my quote, I'd need to check through my documents and let you know.
I wanted concrete look tiles and they were the closest I could find in the included range so we wouldn't blow out the budget. We just did standard grout size, but changed it to a coloured grout to match closer to the tile colour.

They are horrendous to keep clean though
I'm not sure if it's just all the dust still in our area, or the finish of the tiles themselves, but straight after I clean them they look great, and as soon as you walk on them you see little footprints everywhere!

ASJ1981
doosra

I know right! She thought it was ridiculous too!

I am finding so much good info from this forum! Thanks so much for the tips, guys!

Our consultant is going to submit our Sales Estimate to head office in preparation for Tender. If i haven't included variations such as Electrical and Tiling Allowances, can i still add them after? We told her about downlights and the possibility of upgrading tiles, but she didnt include this in our estimate... I made my own spreadsheet and added Tile Allowance (to keep track of the provisions and costs for my own info).

Electrical gets done at your appointment so u don't do selections there. You can just put a provisional allowance in. We put 5k extra but it ended up 10k extra lol. For tiling, you can do the same but only when you have your appointments is when you actually know how much. Depends if u upgrade. We are doing main flooring ourselves and wet areas with wisdom. Once again, just bathrooms were 15k upgrade and we are on the signature package which includes full floor to ceiling height tiling. We are doing main flooring after handover as if we went with wisdom it would have cost about 40k or so with the size tiles we want.

doosra
Electrical gets done at your appointment so u don't do selections there. You can just put a provisional allowance in. We put 5k extra but it ended up 10k extra lol. For tiling, you can do the same but only when you have your appointments is when you actually know how much. Depends if u upgrade. We are doing main flooring ourselves and wet areas with wisdom. Once again, just bathrooms were 15k upgrade and we are on the signature package which includes full floor to ceiling height tiling. We are doing main flooring after handover as if we went with wisdom it would have cost about 40k or so with the size tiles we want.

Thank you
But what if she didn't include the provision for Electricals? Can i still add it afterwards even if she didn't indicate a provision for it? And she didn't add a tiling allowance even though there.s a high probability that we would be upgrading tiles.. Sorry, sounding naive hahaha.... I just want to make sure that even though there was no allowance for Tiling or Electrical, we can still do this at the appointments just because it wasn't specified in Tender. Does that make sense?
You don’t have to have provisional allowances in your Tender at all, they are just to help you budget. They will never say no to you spending more money!
Some people put them in so they can apply for their loan using the Tender, we didn’t do this, we used our draft end panel when we had exact costings. Or so we thought. Ha ha

MandM+4
You don’t have to have provisional allowances in your Tender at all, they are just to help you budget. They will never say no to you spending more money!

LOL!! Good point! What was i thinking!? Face palm moment right there! I'm so obsessed with getting to the bottom of the finer details, sometimes i lose sleep over it. I over think it! And this is just the start of it :/ It's because i hear about unexpected costs and Tender issues that i am afraid to miss something....
ASJ1981
doosra

Thank you
But what if she didn't include the provision for Electricals? Can i still add it afterwards even if she didn't indicate a provision for it? And she didn't add a tiling allowance even though there.s a high probability that we would be upgrading tiles.. Sorry, sounding naive hahaha.... I just want to make sure that even though there was no allowance for Tiling or Electrical, we can still do this at the appointments just because it wasn't specified in Tender. Does that make sense?

Yes you can. You don't need a provisional allowance in your tender. The reason why you would put it there is because it helps give more accurate price on house, although not necessarily true because I'm well over and it can also help with your loan as it will/may increase the valuation

MandM+4
Frames nearly complete. Will look better with windows and a site clean so I will post updated pics next week but so far here it is, front and back view...

That's great M&M. Place is coming along nicely.

Hope this weather holds up.
ajayshekar
Went for a drive by today, scaffolding is off. This week they completed cladding, eaves, bricks clean, down pipes and bit of external painting.

Very excited now. Cant wait.
I guess lower roofs will be done next.

Building Ambassador 36 - Wisdom Homes

Looks great AJay. Your're not that far off from mine.

Should get to internal soon.
ajayshekar
Went for a drive by today, scaffolding is off. This week they completed cladding, eaves, bricks clean, down pipes and bit of external painting.

Very excited now. Cant wait.
I guess lower roofs will be done next.

Building Ambassador 36 - Wisdom Homes

Yours is FLYING along Ajay! Looks great!
aaron2008
Signed and send all quotes today.

Our kitchen came to 16K - includes 70mm waterfalls both side ; Bin ; microwave tower ; bulters pantry overhead; concealed rangehood ; upgraded sinks & taps undermount ; panelling (we said no to soft close though) ;

Stairs 15K which is same as Ozmonkeys with black japan stain - thank you all who answered my stairs dilemma. We wanted open riser however our house design wont look good with open rise.

Flooring extra 8K with timber look tiles

Landscaping - getting W to do the driveway only

Few other usual upgrades around the house.

We are only waiting for our BAL which W thinks is 12.5 (brrrrr) & ofcourse the 9K we have for the peg out report for the location concerning our rain water garden

Getting There!!

aaron2008, thats a great progress, and btw a lot of upgrades in the kitchen! I was hoping with Signature package we wont be needing to spend as much but we have also ended up with $26K damages for kitchen upgrades and $25K upgrade on floorings! Landscaping is 96K but we plan to get just the driveway done as we wont have any money left for that
Though I was quite pleased initially, but my overall experience with DL Tiles and Timpelle Kitchens has been very poor given the level of support they provide. I am spending like roughly $25K with each one of them, but still it feels like them spending a couple of hours is a favor to us!! Even on the quote of some of the things, when asked for breakdown (this was with timpele), they clearly said they dont give any more breakdown. The other downsides that I have seen are that for e.g. with DL, we can get any of special/discounted/clearance prices, everything will be full price only. For any of the quotes with them, their attitude is like take it or leave it! *Not Happy* as they dont leave any other choice.
On a positive note though, I was advised today that DA has now been submitted to Council.
singalg
aaron2008

Our kitchen came to 16K - includes 70mm waterfalls both side ; Bin ; microwave tower ; bulters pantry overhead; concealed rangehood ; upgraded sinks & taps undermount ; panelling (we said no to soft close though) ;

Stairs 15K which is same as Ozmonkeys with black japan stain - thank you all who answered my stairs dilemma. We wanted open riser however our house design wont look good with open rise.

We are only waiting for our BAL which W thinks is 12.5 (brrrrr) & ofcourse the 9K we have for the peg out report for the location concerning our rain water garden

Getting There!!

aaron2008, thats a great progress, and btw a lot of upgrades in the kitchen! I was hoping with Signature package we wont be needing to spend as much but we have also ended up with $26K damages for kitchen upgrades and $25K upgrade on floorings! Landscaping is 96K but we plan to get just the driveway done as we wont have any money left for that
Though I was quite pleased initially, but my overall experience with DL Tiles and Timpelle Kitchens has been very poor given the level of support they provide. I am spending like roughly $25K with each one of them, but still it feels like them spending a couple of hours is a favor to us!! Even on the quote of some of the things, when asked for breakdown (this was with timpele), they clearly said they dont give any more breakdown. The other downsides that I have seen are that for e.g. with DL, we can get any of special/discounted/clearance prices, everything will be full price only. For any of the quotes with them, their attitude is like take it or leave it! *Not Happy* as they dont leave any other choice.
On a positive note though, I was advised today that DA has now been submitted to Council.
Wow, 25k on kitchen on signature package. That's alot. What did u upgrade ? Must have been everything lol.

doosra
singalg
aaron2008

Getting There!!

Wow, 25k on kitchen on signature package. That's alot. What did u upgrade ? Must have been everything lol.

That's the interesting bit - not sure if it is a lot of upgrades, as we only upgraded caeserstone from STD to DLX, we dont have any Panels, kept the standard splashback. Our upgrades are:
- Upgraded polyurethane cabinetry color
- Upgraded all overhead cabinets to Polyurethane
- Upgraded all to shark edge profiles
- polyurethane cabinetry for undermounted rangehood
- 40mm DLX Caeserstone with waterfall edges
- Additional undermount sink for butlers
- upgraded mixers (2)
- grooved drainer
- 1 x additional set of drawers
- Soft close doors in kitchen
- Change in kitchen layout (as per display at Oran Park)
- changing island from T shape to straight island
- additional polyurethane cabinetry to island (towards leisure)
- couple of additional drawers to bathroom vanities
- overhead cabinetry in Laundry

and they all just added up!! It's quite interest how the price just adds up.
singalg
doosra
singalg
[quote="aaron2008"]Signed and send all quotes today.

Getting There!!

That's the interesting bit - not sure if it is a lot of upgrades, as we only upgraded caeserstone from STD to DLX, we dont have any Panels, kept the standard splashback. Our upgrades are:
- Upgraded polyurethane cabinetry color
- Upgraded all overhead cabinets to Polyurethane
- Upgraded all to shark edge profiles
- polyurethane cabinetry for undermounted rangehood
- 40mm DLX Caeserstone with waterfall edges
- Additional undermount sink for butlers
- upgraded mixers (2)
- grooved drainer
- 1 x additional set of drawers
- Soft close doors in kitchen
- Change in kitchen layout (as per display at Oran Park)
- changing island from T shape to straight island
- additional polyurethane cabinetry to island (towards leisure)
- couple of additional drawers to bathroom vanities
- overhead cabinetry in Laundry

and they all just added up!! It's quite interest how the price just adds up.[/quote]We controlled ourselves at kitchen as it was the last appointment and price was already way over our expectation. We spent about 12k extra with extra butler pantry kitchen, waterfall edges, splashback upgrade, deluxe range caesarstone, shark edges for bathroom vanities and soft close doors. We didn't add any extra cabinetry in laundry and kept laminex cupboards up top so saved there.

doosra
singalg
aaron2008

Getting There!!

This is our kitchen layout. the plan not yet updated to show straight island in place of current layout.

singalg
This is our kitchen layout. the plan not yet updated to show straight island in place of current layout.

What house are you building Singalg

Very similar layout to ours.

Just wondering at what point of the build they put in air conditioning ducts? We are getting close to done but still no sign of them. Peeked through windows of other near complete builds and they’re the same so I’m assuming this is the norm?

Jordann
singalg

What house are you building Singalg

Very similar layout to ours.

Hi Jordann, We are building Majestic 35. agreed, the kitchen layout is quite similar.
Rocchet
Just wondering at what point of the build they put in air conditioning ducts? We are getting close to done but still no sign of them. Peeked through windows of other near complete builds and they’re the same so I’m assuming this is the norm?

Ours went in quite late...judging from photos in my phone they went in April 30, we had handover June 8. But the air con system itself didn't go in until a week after handover due to weather and control panels were installed the week of handover.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum