Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Simonds in Adelaide

Page 40 of 60
Just catching up! I'm sorry to hear about the vandalism, it really is disheartening and normal to get upset about it seeing it's your future house they're doing it to, regardless if Simonds pay or not. I personally love that laminate but might be a bit biased because we have a very similar colour haha but I think it will look good with your tiles. And as for the back of your bench I kind of like it how it is. Is it painted white? It matches your bottom cupboards as well! How exciting how fast it's all coming along

Building the Simonds Palisade in Drouin -

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

www.oursimondspalisade.wordpress.com - BLOG
alexandraa
Just catching up! I'm sorry to hear about the vandalism, it really is disheartening and normal to get upset about it seeing it's your future house they're doing it to, regardless if Simonds pay or not. I personally love that laminate but might be a bit biased because we have a very similar colour haha but I think it will look good with your tiles. And as for the back of your bench I kind of like it how it is. Is it painted white? It matches your bottom cupboards as well! How exciting how fast it's all coming along

http://www.oursimondspalisade.wordpress.com - BLOG

Aww thank you, I appreciate your comments. Its so hard to see, the windows are absolutely filthy! I guess we can't really judge it until everything has come together and I was in a pretty negative mood after seeing the damage and seeing that the neighbors builders were using our water tap and it was just left on, spewing water out for who knows how long, I wasn't impressed

Marshall5858
alexandraa

http://www.oursimondspalisade.wordpress.com - BLOG

Aww thank you, I appreciate your comments. Its so hard to see, the windows are absolutely filthy! I guess we can't really judge it until everything has come together and I was in a pretty negative mood after seeing the damage and seeing that the neighbors builders were using our water tap and it was just left on, spewing water out for who knows how long, I wasn't impressed

You're welcome! That's fair enough, the joys of building hey? I'm sure everything will look fantabulous when it's all complete and will laugh at the doubts you were having. But it is easy to get down when there's the little negative things that keep happening. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day! ☺??

2nd fix carpentry almost finished, internal painting will start next week

Marshall5858
2nd fix carpentry almost finished, internal painting will start next week

Yayy

So glad we chose, 'Plateau' for our bricks, really happy with them

I can't believe how quick it's gone! Your bricks are lovely

Looking goood! I'm living for these Simonds threads lately haha

alexandraa
Looking goood! I'm living for these Simonds threads lately haha

I can relate haha

Love your bricks. And your build is flying!

Building Simonds Prague in QLD
Hi Marshall!

So glad that your vandalism wasn't worse - there have been some horror stories around... it's so disheartening, though, isn't it. Just another delay!

I love, love, love your bricks - we just drove past this morning. If I was gonna go brown, it would definitely have been those bricks after seeing your place.

I suppose the big volume builders don't care too much, as im costs them less to replace a few things, than to have the temporary fencing up in the whole build. The power of bulk buying!

We are starting in the next week or so - I'll be down there every day, spying. Lucky my neighbour is both a great observer and a great person, and she'll keep an eye. Go over to my thread for the concretor horror show that she had.

Hope it all goes quick.
I read it, pretty shocking but not surprising, unfortunately. There seems to be so much dumping going on, it's frustrating! Lucky that you guys knew who the culprit was, I've seen some blocks with that stuff dumped on them, how annoying to have to get rid of it.
Yeah, they replaced the gyprock pretty quickly, I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again. Thanks for the compliment regarding our brick choice, I'm super happy with the colour, especially beachside they looked pretty horrible in the packaging and I was stressing that we'd chosen poorly.

You're lucky to have a great neighbor who's there to keep an eye out for you. You'll have to remind me which block is yours so we can watch your progress and hopefully say hello

We're getting measured up for window dressings with Spotlight in two weeks, I'm pretty excited as I've been buying loads of house furnishings and that gives me a good idea of colours

Oooh, what are you doing for windows?

We're going plantation shutters - I never ever want to have to make, wash and iron curtains ever, ever again. I never want to have to put in, or replace a curtain rod - I never want to see a curtain rod ever again in my life unless I need it for a javelin. You know, for when you spot that tradie gone bad, down the street ruining someone else's asset. Yup, need a javelin, now and then.

I love curtains, I think they look awsome - I just hate dealing with them.

I can't wait until you start posting pics with your colours starting to come in with the tiles and everything...
JayaJaya
Oooh, what are you doing for windows?

We're going plantation shutters - I never ever want to have to make, wash and iron curtains ever, ever again. I never want to have to put in, or replace a curtain rod - I never want to see a curtain rod ever again in my life unless I need it for a javelin. You know, for when you spot that tradie gone bad, down the street ruining someone else's asset. Yup, need a javelin, now and then.

I love curtains, I think they look awsome - I just hate dealing with them.

I can't wait until you start posting pics with your colours starting to come in with the tiles and everything...

We would love all plantation shutters but after all the extra money that we had to throw into the mortgage, they're out of our price range now. We'll still have them in the master, curtains on the 6 slider plus any other sliding door except laundry and roman blinds on the other windows probably

We're getting fencing measured up today so hubby has had a little look around..

Yay, our door is on!

All the carpentry done inside too

Garage door

Just had a stroke of luck, our SS turned up whilst we were getting fencing measured up. He's let hubby onsite and he's agreed to let us get our glass splashback in before handover - yay! We're getting that measured up next week
this way it'll avoid us ruining the gyprock whilst trying to rip off tiles that we never wanted but were told we had to due to regulations.

Nice win on getting the splashback done now...

Your door height helped to get the door handle centred and looks very nice...
Marshall5858
Just had a stroke of luck, our SS turned up whilst we were getting fencing measured up. He's let hubby onsite and he's agreed to let us get our glass splashback in before handover - yay! We're getting that measured up next week
this way it'll avoid us ruining the gyprock whilst trying to rip off tiles that we never wanted but were told we had to due to regulations.

Great news Marshall

RegVic
Nice win on getting the splashback done now...

Your door height helped to get the door handle centred and looks very nice...

The door handle was the first thing I looked at, just in case! Happy to see it's perfectly where it should be

Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum