Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hunter Valley Build -Post Handover Journey Begins :)

Page 40 of 51
Becs Coral
Looks like a beautiful way to celebrate your new home.

Absolutely! I tried the garlic lemon olives from aldi tonight and they are pretty good! They also come in a small ish serving as well which is greatm I've missed this, that's for sure! ?

Congratulations
the house looks beautiful
Citytocountymove
Congratulations
the house looks beautiful

Thanks City. Your place is coming along so quickly and looking fabulous. I can't wait to see it finished 😁

Today we have the driveway being excavated & SS is coming back to sort out the bath hobs. Electrician and plumber booked tomorrow to install our oven and baths.

This mirror has been in storage for way too long! So glad to have it back in our home 😍

That is exciting. More things happening. And wow for that mirror. It is magnificent. It fits in perfectly.

Congratulations DH on your move!! The pics looks fab especially your dining area
I didn't really expect this to happen before chrissy, but hey I guess pigs do fly sometimes lol

bath time lay back and relax!
Oh finally!!! Can you use it tonight?

Ryalls_first_build

We were told that we could use it tonight. Totally need a cold one tonight, this heat is ridonk! A.C. is getting installed this friday, can't wait!

surtees
bath time lay back and relax!

Oh absolutely. I've given up on having everything done and perfect for chrissy. Time to relax and just chip away at our list slowly but surely.

DreamHome2point0
Ryalls_first_build

We were told that we could use it tonight. Totally need a cold one tonight, this heat is ridonk! A.C. is getting installed this friday, can't wait!

Yes enjoy!!! You deserve it!

I feel sorry for you guys this heat is terrible! Our a/c was booked in for next week but i postponed it thinking we wouldnt be in this year.. kicking myself now lol

It`s been a busy two weeks moving, organising and trying to make a start on the back yard. After all of that rain our water tank and downpipes have absolutely no water in them, not sure what`s going on but we need the plumber back here asap to take a look. Also, still no bath in our main bathroom and no flick mixers in our ensuite so we can`t use our ensuite while our guests are here. We want to lay turf out the back over the Chrissy break but there`s going to be no point in laying it if the plumber might have to dig it back up again to find the leak or fault in the pipes/tank. I hope the plumber comes today.
I will catch up on everyone`s feeds soon
The plumber came back, the tank is now fixed (there was a broken pipe) and we have some temp mixers for our ensuite.
Our flyscreens were installed yesterday but they aren't normal flyscreens they are security flyscreens. Better for safety but not so nice on the eye, especially with 12 windows at the front of the home. Hubs really hates them, I don't think that they look that bad. We were always going to have a black ugly flyscreen on one side of the window anyways.
I'll post a pic...

Yes I agree with hubs, they look 110% better without the screens but we can't live without them, I need to be able to open up windows without bugs flying in at night lol. And this time of year there are chrissy beatles everywhere!
They just look like normal, practical, usable windows to me.
What do you all think?

Oh also, we now have ducted and our driveway is well underway. The concreters should be back today to finish pouring, yay. We have made a small start on the retaining wall out the back too, and added an extra drainage pit, we will add two more before we lay turf too.

One more thing...
We had our friends Saxton and Jarrod from Delta Electrical come and install our new oven and put our pendants on a separate switch. So happy with the job and they removed their shoes without me asking, very respectful of our new home

The Windows look fine. It probably wouldn't be too much different to the regular one anyway. Give it a couple of days and you will get use to it. So hopefully your driveway will be done today. That's exciting.

Becs Coral
The Windows look fine. It probably wouldn't be too much different to the regular one anyway. Give it a couple of days and you will get use to it. So hopefully your driveway will be done today. That's exciting.

Yeah that's what I said, we were always going to have an ugly flyscreen on one side of the window anyways so it wouldn't be that much of a difference.
Concreters are here now 😁

Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum