Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Willowdale

Page 40 of 165
nabsgem
thank you thats a relief

I would suggest you to check with the builder since it depends how they draft the contract/documents, you may work closely with them to ensure they have one for land and one for the build, any misunderstanding would be costly
yeah ok.so far dealing with agent ..,will check on to that ..thanks again...
Guys - what about if I buy a land build it myself (That is no H&L package).......is the stamp duty only on Land and not on complete property price after construction?
Hi JnSWILLOWDALE,

Howz it gng mate?? You all settled...I will c u in 6 months time! I'm at the slab stage.
How are you finding living out there..must be all quiet in the evenings.

All the best.
sam_sc
Guys - what about if I buy a land build it myself (That is no H&L package).......is the stamp duty only on Land and not on complete property price after construction?

You only pay stamp duty on the land cost, it gets paid at settlement.
apsterenator
Hi JnSWILLOWDALE,

Howz it gng mate?? You all settled...I will c u in 6 months time! I'm at the slab stage.
How are you finding living out there..must be all quiet in the evenings.

All the best.

G'day!
Mostly settled. House is complete. Just getting my fence up and driveway poured in the coming days. It's very quiet after the builders leave. Nice and peaceful. There will be much construction going on for a while so will be used to utes and trucks coming in and out for the time being!

nabsgem
Hello everyone..i am currently in process of buying
home and landpackages with edgewater ...lot2124....its 420 sq meter double storey ...is anyone buying anywhere close to this area do let me know as price i am looking at is 709990... am not sure why price for this lot is this expensive compare to other lots around willowdale ...i am worried i might have problem with property valuation in future ...any suggestion do let me know

Just did some research, the price for lot 2106 have similar price. I think this price is reasonable.
It is interesting to find that egdewater only require 5% deposit. No progress payment.
Phoenix Rose
JnSWILLOWDALE
Phoenix Rose
Hi everyone! We have land at willowdale but not yet registered, I would like to know if anyone that has built at willowdale have their free to air tv go through an aerial antenna or through underground cabling?

And also, is the telephone running through NBN?

Hi,
I have been living in willowdale since just before Xmas. I got NBN set up last week. Your NBN provider will have phone packages as well as internet. I believe it all runs through the NBN box they attach to your house. I haven't got free to air but there are houses here with aerials.

Thank you JnSWILLOWDALE! I would have thought that the TV would also be going through underground cabling similar to Freeman's Ridge.

I confirmed with Stockland that you will need a TV serial (or Foxtel) to get free to air TV. It is not carried via NBN.
Kitchen cabinetry in as of yesterday, & tiles going in from Monday - so pleased with progress! Just waiting on brickie to be available for ultimate beautification on the outside

Can't wait to go have a sticky-beak asap!
PixiGT
Kitchen cabinetry in as of yesterday, & tiles going in from Monday - so pleased with progress! Just waiting on brickie to be available for ultimate beautification on the outside

Hi PixiGT,

Great progress...where are the photos??;-);-)
apsterenator
PixiGT

Hi PixiGT,

Great progress...where are the photos??;-);-)

Hey Aps,
I've been very slack in that regard, for sure! Lol!
As soon as I get back on site, I'll see about popping some up here

Got a start on our fencing and driveway. Starting to look like a complete house slowly !

Who did you build with JNS? Also do you have to pay for the entire fencing up front before your neighbors start building?
JnSWILLOWDALE

Got a start on our fencing and driveway. Starting to look like a complete house slowly !

Awesome JNS still not into my house yet
. Hope your having an awesome time in your new place
Looks great JnS

If you feel happy to, can you please PM your contractor for the fence if you are happy with the job? Thanks heaps for that
PixiGT
Looks great JnS

If you feel happy to, can you please PM your contractor for the fence if you are happy with the job? Thanks heaps for that

Hi Jns,

Ditto - could you please send it to me as well?

Thanks heaps.
daviboy
Who did you build with JNS? Also do you have to pay for the entire fencing up front before your neighbors start building?

New living homes..
I've contacted the neighbours and they have agreed to pay their share of the fencing. I'm paying the fencer out of my pocket and then chasing the money from the neighbours.

Hi Everyone,
Is there a requirement to have the white council crossover over the driveway in Willowdale?
Nimsy
Hi Everyone,
Is there a requirement to have the white council crossover over the driveway in Willowdale?

Hi Nimsy,
with my builder, they gave me the option of a coloured or white crossover, in case it's the colour that you are wondering about...otherwise the crossover needs to be done with the driveway (if it isn't, there would be a gap between the kerb & the start of the driveway on my boundary).
Hopefully that helps
PixiGT
Nimsy
Hi Everyone,

Hi Nimsy,
with my builder, they gave me the option of a coloured or white crossover, in case it's the colour that you are wondering about...otherwise the crossover needs to be done with the driveway (if it isn't, there would be a gap between the kerb & the start of the driveway on my boundary).
Hopefully that helps

I think it also depends on which council it is. As far as I understand, it is a Camden Council requirement to have the white crossover. Maybe it depends on which council you are in.

I didn't have a choice my builder included the white.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum