Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Family Home - Bedfordale

Page 40 of 46
Those jobs will probably be done in April.
I need to do some prelay of underground power, blank conduits and drainage before LL goes down and I still need handover

Im hoping to have a massive next weekend and get a heap of underground stuff sorted and fingers crossed get some lawn in to try and keep the sand remotely under control.
Glass in now. Splash back is browner than expected but looks ok.

The painter has completed the eaves, door frames and doors.
I started the storm water out the back, slow going though, I'm so not a handy man.
Great progress
Alfresco ceiling today. Love it.

Wow everything looks great! I like that contrast of the splashback. That alfresco ceiling is something else, looks incredible
I love love love the use of all the natural stone and wood through your house! It looks amazing amongst your setting. So jealous ?
Big weekend, Removed rock retaining wall, and set up ATU subsurface piping for lawn area. Filed are with sand and then about 10m3 of lawn mix ready for a bit of roll on.
We aslo sunk the storm water drainage out the back.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/perthmps/Mobile%20Uploads/2549233F-F461-48B3-BBD5-3DB6EB688B0B_zpsdzkekxe6.jpg

We haven't put too much thought into the front yard. We are stuck on the finish of the driveway and colours.
Any thoughts? it will be about 150m2.

Heres the concrete colours
http://www.concretecoloursystems.com.au ... d-concrete
The other option is red or black bitumen.
Driftwood or Apollo with an aggregate border on both sides so it breaks it up a little

Is your cornice the tempo by gyprock.... Looks really nice

hrvat_ica
Is your cornice the tempo by gyprock.... Looks really nice

Yep it is.

Thanks for thoughts on colours too
Big weekend PE it looks amazing
Got a PCI date yet PE? Must be getting there soon
Not Yet Bradster.

Full painting, final electricals and installation of hot water services is all thats left.
Cant be far off.
Looking great Perth_Euro! The alfresco ceiling looks great! Very envious
Ooops, didn't think about the color of the switches against the splashback.
Think we will change these out post handover.

You will have real satisfaction in keeping that lawn green
mixed day today.
PCI in 3 weeks, which is great news, but a week further out than i was hoping for. Going to see if we can start any post handover jobs during PCI - Handover time.

But the plumber has finished a couple outstanding jobs, and i would say his care factor was in the negatives as the crappest job has been done. Im pretty sure that Activa wont accept it and will repair it, but its just more rework and that equals time.
The issue is basically there is a conduit installed through the limestone retaining wall for a water pipe to be installed through for a tap at lower level. This tap has been outstanding for a number of months.
Well old plumber matey has just run up and over the outside of the wall with flexi pipe and copper. WTF??
Not sure what he was thinking.

Hopefully fixed quickly, as they have done with previous issues.
Bugger PE

So your hoping for PCI before Easter?
i really hope so. Thats what i will push for.
What some trades are thinking just leaves you feeling astounded........
Related
2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

27/06/2023
Wisdom home facade

Building A New House

Hi, guys! If you've built with Wisdom Homes, would you mind sharing images of your front facades once they're all rendered? I'm considering signing up with them for a wide…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum