Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BUILDING IN MANOOKA VALLEY CURRANS HILL

Page 40 of 45
Hi!!

We are 617.... Great to hear from more people.

What are you building? How's it all coming along for you?
Hi Sammi and Nathan.

We are building a custom designed single story home.
Having just over 30m frontage we felt that a kit home would look out of place.
What about yourselves?

Hey Sammi
Have your plans been submitted to council yet? Did you sort out those price differences? All so exciting
cdasilva5984
Hi all this is my first post. My wife and I purchased Lot 614.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Manooka Valley! Hope the build goes smoothly.
Caruana Clan
cdasilva5984
Hi all this is my first post. My wife and I purchased Lot 614.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Manooka Valley! Hope the build goes smoothly.

Welcome to the forum! So many helpful people who have built or in the process. We are lot 402 and are building a custom designed GJ Gardener home.
Regards
Denise
Hi everyone,

Plans were submitted to council last week.....we were hoping for CDC but as we are in E4 zoning, that was never going to happen.....little annoying because we made compromises on the build to be compliant with CDC though it never mattered but at least plans are finally in!!!!

I suppose most of us are in the same boat.

We are building a modified seaside retreat elite 16 with mcdonald jones. The display is opening soon in leppington which is awesome as the only one was in shell cove.

How's it all going for everyone else?? Did anyone else need H2 slab??
Hi Sammi
Congratulations on the plans in council! We drove through the land today and there are at least 6 blocks already started! How did they get through council so quick? Can you explain what CDC is? Is the display at Willowbrook? When does it open? It would be great to look at some updated colours and designs for Kitchens and bathrooms.
Hi 1st timer, To be honest, I can't remember what CDC stands for, but it's the alternative to council. If your build falls within CDC guidelines, you can go for approval through them which is much faster and not as strict as council.

The displays at leppington/ willow dale are open now, but the McDonald jones ones will be open on 22/5......

We just had our last appointment with the builder, electrical. Very expensive but worth it.

How is everyone's build going??
cdasilva5984
Hi Sammi and Nathan.

We are building a custom designed single story home.
Having just over 30m frontage we felt that a kit home would look out of place.
What about yourselves?

Sooooo sorry, I didn't realise I hadn't responded.

I know your block, yes you have incredible frontage. You are opposite on a diagonal to us.

We are building a modified seaside retreat 16 elite with McDonald jones. Finally had our last appointment today, it's all in council now.....just praying they don't find issues with our build and charge us through the roof to be compliant.

We are really looking forward to Sunday afternoon beers/wines/coffees with the neighbours, so happy we found this forum. It really seems like it will be an awesome street and suburb to live in and raise the family.
Hi all this is my first post, we are lot 407 and with all the delays with registration ( which I know you all have felt) we are finally on our way. Land was excavated last week and now just waiting for a our slab.

Welcome Caszie
You are across the road on the diagonal from us, we are lot 402. so envious that you have started already, our plans are still in council and no movement since initial submission. We had our technology appointment today, had another look at tiles for bathroom, laundry and kitchen splash back. We are pretty much settled on the laundry, bathroom and ensuite tiles, but so confused about the splash back options. The choices we have in our plan isn't ticking the boxes, so we are seriously thinking glass splash back. What is everyone else doing?
Hi 1st time, don't worry I don't think anything else has happened since excavation we are on holidays but our builder hasn't called us so I assume it's still the same. We have chosen everything except our splash back. They want us to chose on a paint colour swab and it's just so difficult, possibly as I'm very indecisive. Do you have an idea how long it will be in council? We were lucky with council we only needed the CDC. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi Caszie
Checked the council website, and the preliminary inspection was unsatisfactory, and more info was needed... so I will call the builder tomorrow for an update. Hopefully it isn't anything serious, or drawn out!
Hi all
Minor changes were required, house had to move across 100mm, third garage set back to a metre from double garage, something about the split zoning needing clarification, and fencing forward of the garage was to be no higher than 1.2 m (that was easy, we are having hedging.. LOL),so the plans are back in council, and the new information has the tick of approval! Hopefully we will get approved tomorrow, then the games begin!!
Hi everyone,

Who is building 3 car garage? We were told by our builder that we can't due to council restrictions, but it looks like a few people have got around this....did anyone get the same push back that we did??
We are building a third garage. We have a 30m frontage, so I think that is why we can put one on. The council requires minimum 1.5m from the side boundary to the closest point
Thanks 1st timer. .... We ended up putting a workshop in our double garage to make it roughly the same size.
Hi Sammi and Nathan
We heard our plans will be out of council today or tomorrow.. so the builder wants to expediate our appointments, hard to do when we only get Wednesday weekday off. What number Oaklawn are you?
How is everyone else travelling?
Carunaclan, how is your ETA on possession?
We went to the land today..has anyone seen it lately? OMG, there are 4 houses frames and roof, 2 with the slab about to be poured, and one already bricked! I can't wait to begin...
Plans are out of council..So excited
Related
14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum