Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

FH's Custom Build

Page 40 of 45
Thanks firsthomebuilder44

More progress, yippee. The beading has been installed, as has bathroom accessories and mirrors. Getting close now but there are still a few things left. Hoping to get a call about PCI in the next couple of weeks but won't hold my breath. In the meantime I have pics
It's looking great fairmont! Love the brown tiles in the bathroom running up the wall, we did the same so I could be a little bias

Hope you hear about PCI soon!
Bathroom starting to look great! Yay for progress
great progress awesome
So glad things are moving for you, FairmontSAcustom. Fingers crossed PCI is soon.
Looks great!!!

Hope PCI is soon!
Thanks pannacotta, 1rocky, Lucinda, davelle and tristam.

The news this week is concrete
Looking good! That is a lot of concrete.
Thanks Jennifer, it most certainly is. My hubbie says it is his favourite bit of the build so far, men!

We got our final bill in the mail today and the final amount worked out pretty much exactly the same as the contract we signed! There were a few allowance so we were a bit wary. We have sent it all to the bank to get that process started. Now all we have to do is wait for a call from our SS. They still have a few things to do but hopefully we get a call soon.
Wow that looks fabulous!

So glad we decided to go with the black/charcoal concrete... each time i've seen it on builds, i've been more and more thrilled with how it looks.

It looks so lovely, really fits well with your colour scheme
I love how your house looks, FairmontSAcustom. The bricks, the contrast of the light doors, the timber windows--just perfect! Won't be long until you are living there. Have you started packing?
The front door has finally been hung

No news on PCI yet, fingers crossed we get a call soon. Our paperwork has come through so we have forwarded to the bank to get all that ready to go once we finally have a PCI date, well as long as there are not too many problems with the inspection
Love it, Fairmont. It's beautiful. All those spotlights will make it look divine.

We didn't get spots for outside because we have a street light across the road and everything is really bright already, but for decoration, they would look lovely.

Hope all goes well for the inspection.
Thanks Lucinda, I am really happy with how it has all come together.

I will have to pick lights at some point, another decision to make
Looks fantastic!
Thanks Bigblock7

No call for PCI yet, hoping this week. Cleaners should be going in this week, cant wait to see it all not covered in a thick layer of dust!
Looks great.. just FYI in relation to the PCI I ended up calling my site supervisor about 2 weeks after I received my final bill and asking about my inspection and arranged a date and time then and there. If I hadnt I dont know when they would have called, they weren't in a hurry to make arrangements.
Thanks firsthomebuilder44, the call will be made tomorrow. The cleaners have finished (only tradie that has not done a good job).

How is your new house going?
So close, but still looking great!

36 weeks though, you poor bugger. I know the living at home pain while the house is built, if I had to wait that long, Im sure someone would be dead :p
Thanks st13, it is lucky that we are still alive and the relationships intact. As you say it is not easy. We have all lived together for over a year, 36 weeks is just the build time but as we all know that is only 1/2 the story!

We have a bed! Just need a house to put it in! I sent the builder a stern email, I have not heard back yet but will be calling Monday to follow up. Nothing has happened at the house since the cleaners finished a week ago. Just all seems a bit silly really...
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum