Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 384 of 433
Wild
shokel1975
Wild
[quote="sandymeo"]I'm upgrading my ceiling height. M said windows and doors will be upgraded automatically. Doed this mean I have to pay for the doors upgrade and Windows upgrade. What about garage height?

we are building Mantra 29, M charged 3750 for 2700MM ceiling height which is at the top of Lux promotion pack, Doors height doesnt get increased automatically, our promotion covered the door height to 2340MM, we had to pay to increase the height of sliding door, we are yet unsure if M is going to charge to increase the windows height or would that be increased without charge. I will confirm it when we get to go for electricals etc.

Our windows were increased from 1500 drop to 1800 drop at no charge.

whats the ideal size of windows with 2700MM ceiling height, probably 2M high ?[/quote]

Our ceilings will be 2550, so if you are doing 2700, yeah maybe 2100. (Windows are usually done in 300mm increments - and will make window coverings more affordable as you won’t need custom sizes done)

thanks, I will check with M at the appointment to ensure windows size to 2100MM to match the ceiling height.

which bricks are you going for ?, Cat2 Austral chestnut bricks looks good but they are $572 extra along with off white Mortar for $1248,
Wild
thanks, I will check with M at the appointment to ensure windows size to 2100MM to match the ceiling height.

which bricks are you going for ?, Cat2 Austral chestnut bricks looks good but they are $572 extra along with off white Mortar for $1248,

Haha, I wish we had liked something in cat 2, but we went with Moonshadow (cat 5) costing us $4500 extra. Off white mortar cost another $2040. Ridiculously expensive, but we really wanted the dark brick. Plus our house is bigger at 42 square.
LOL, It all adds up, Moonshadow bricks are hot but our budget is already exhausted with the structural changes and currently on compromising situation : )
Wild
shokel1975
Wild
[quote="sandymeo"]I'm upgrading my ceiling height. M said windows and doors will be upgraded automatically. Doed this mean I have to pay for the doors upgrade and Windows upgrade. What about garage height?

we are building Mantra 29, M charged 3750 for 2700MM ceiling height which is at the top of Lux promotion pack, Doors height doesnt get increased automatically, our promotion covered the door height to 2340MM, we had to pay to increase the height of sliding door, we are yet unsure if M is going to charge to increase the windows height or would that be increased without charge. I will confirm it when we get to go for electricals etc.

whats the ideal size of windows with 2700MM ceiling height, probably 2M high ?[/quote]Our ceilings are 2700 downstairs, and we have 1200 windows throughout, and it looks great.

Don't forget if your windows are 2000, that you'll almost have 300mm above and below them because the measurements are without Gyprock

Drew01
Wild
shokel1975
[quote="Wild"][quote="sandymeo"]I'm upgrading my ceiling height. M said windows and doors will be upgraded automatically. Doed this mean I have to pay for the doors upgrade and Windows upgrade. What about garage height?

whats the ideal size of windows with 2700MM ceiling height, probably 2M high ?[/quote]Our ceilings are 2700 downstairs, and we have 1200 windows throughout, and it looks great.

Don't forget if your windows are 2000, that you'll almost have 300mm above and below them because the measurements are without Gyprock

[/quote]

Drew, do you mean 2100 windows?

No, 1200...

Looks like this

2000/2100 would leave you no space between the floor and ceiling... Ok for a massive picture window, but you can't put furniture against it
Drew01
No, 1200...

Looks like this

2000/2100 would leave you no space between the floor and ceiling... Ok for a massive picture window, but you can't put furniture against it

Oh that makes sense! Understand now.

We opted to have the bigger windows. Happy to put part of the couch in front of it. Just like this.
It's worth pointing out too, that the default height of the niche is 450mm, as opposed to all the display homes which are 900mm like in the photo above

Drew01
It's worth pointing out too, that the default height of the niche is 450mm, as opposed to all the display homes which are 900mm like in the photo above

Thanks. We got it changed to be like the display 😀
shokel1975
Drew01
No, 1200...

Looks like this

We opted to have the bigger windows. Happy to put part of the couch in front of it. Just like this.

It looks great love the furniture set out.

shokel1975
Drew01

Thanks. We got it changed to be like the display 😀

Sorry guys, whats niche n this default height in question, I mean we are totally new to this and increased ceiling height, doors, sliding doors n windows, is this niche related to same and if yes what course of action is required here ?

Thanks so much.
Doulton777
shokel1975
Drew01
No, 1200...

Looks like this

It’s gorgeous isn’t it? This is from the display home we are building.
shokel1975
Doulton777
shokel1975
[quote="Drew01"]No, 1200...

Looks like this

It’s gorgeous isn’t it? This is from the display home we are building.[/quote]

Oh it’s very nice

shokel1975
Drew01

Thanks. We got it changed to be like the display
So did we!!

Drew01
shokel1975
Drew01

So did we!!

Hi guys,

Dumb question lol whats this niche n where it needs to be changed as em not aware if we have to do it as well ? Suggestions please.
Wild
Drew01
shokel1975
[quote="Drew01"]It's worth pointing out too, that the default height of the niche is 450mm, as opposed to all the display homes which are 900mm like in the photo above

So did we!!

Hi guys,

Dumb question lol whats this niche n where it needs to be changed as em not aware if we have to do it as well ? Suggestions please.[/quote]

it’s the void in the wall with the black shutters from my pic above. it used to be standard in the Glendale (between family and rumpus rooms) but Drew has said that it is usually set lower to the ground than in the display home pic that I posted.

Anyone recommend a good building inspection service? Doing a KDR with M in inner Melbourne suburbs.

Interested with someone who uses thermal imaging cameras to pickup things you can't see with the naked eye...
madj-m
Anyone recommend a good building inspection service? Doing a KDR with M in inner Melbourne suburbs.

Interested with someone who uses thermal imaging cameras to pickup things you can't see with the naked eye...
To be honest, we didn't bother - my best mate is a retired builder, who only ever worked on multi million dollar builds, and he's been happy with Metricons build quality.

Group 4 picked up a few things he didn't think necessary, so they're pretty thorough. I would be most concerned about finishing (painting, tiling, etc)

Drew01
madj-m

To be honest, we didn't bother - my best mate is a retired builder, who only ever worked on multi million dollar builds, and he's been happy with Metricons build quality.

Group 4 picked up a few things he didn't think necessary, so they're pretty thorough. I would be most concerned about finishing (painting, tiling, etc)

I would worry about private inspectors if building with small or probably where reputation of builder is concerned, whole point of choosing builder like M is build quality and not to be bothered about these private inspections etc.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum