Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 382 of 929
So when I had my blinds purchased through EHI 8 months ago, I assume the installer will measure my windows first before ordering them instead of going off the plans? I hope?
Brahma Bull
So when I had my blinds purchased through EHI 8 months ago, I assume the installer will measure my windows first before ordering them instead of going off the plans? I hope?

Sounds right to me. Even when we got basic roller blinds, they had to measure up the space they were going in, especially for the balcony sliding door so that they could have the gap between the two blinds match up with the middle bit of the two doors.

HBAustralia - I assume you don't do powered external roller shutters? I couldn't see them on your website.
How did ehi compare with others on price and did u buy direct or thru Clarendon
Saintly 60
How did ehi compare with others on price and did u buy direct or thru Clarendon

EHI were quite comparable, even found them cheaper than some quotes. We went through EHI via Clarendon.
At the time we simply didn't have the extra budget for the blinds to be included in our tender. How, I did find the ehi quote to be quite good. One company we have used recently for our apartment was very well priced because they were roughly the same as other companies but the price included install. That was no bull blinds.
Brahma Bull
Hey Sydney-Build, is that the closest they render to your down pipe? I thought they would render right up to where the down-pipe is.

They render till the expansion joint.
Jinx
Very helpful lizzy! Any idea what XAF1-8F or XAA1-8E mean?

We have those windows and they are the letterbox style ones. Two open and one is fixed. See pic below.

leeleh
Has anyone opted for ducted vacuum system and/or underfloor heating? What does clarendon charge?

I reckon ducted vacuum fad has passed. These days people go for Dysons or robo vacs.
I wanted heated flooring but quote came to around $1500-$2000 - can't remember exactly. I thought there are other areas where I could utilise that money, so I passed.
Lizzy083
Really? That's weird cause EHI quoted off these sizes. I'm sure 10mm wouldn't change the price though. And they'd have to do a final measure before ordering your blinds...

Yup, they are close enough for quotes. 10mm wouldn't make any difference. Once architraves are done, the installer will do a proper check and mesaure. Only then they order window coverings.
denot
is Clarendon SS work on Saturday?

Nope
Brahma Bull

Yup
In other news, it was a miserable wet day.
I had sparky inside doing light fittings and the landscapers outside putting in drainage.

Lights first

Mud everywhere ,,,,

Wow SB looking Awesome

Ss cAlled us saying tilers r on today.. N guess what nothing!!! Even my painter guys are saying how useless he is! Project management fail!!! It frustrates me especially since I'm an accountant in project management field!
Hopefully they'll be in tmrw
Oh EHI is fairly reasonable. And if you do a big Job with them then they give you a nice discount.. And yes they come and measure as well as ensure the window frames are correct before actual windows are in.. I think they charged 500 for that!!!! Ehi will be at our place next week! They have a lottt to do
Thanks SB, helps to see it in a picture.

Hello all,
Just got our blinds installed today. We got 9 double rollers and 3 full block out blinds. Installed..... $3K.
Here a couple of pics...

One of the stacker doors....

Bedroom...1 blind up, 1 down.

Bedroom....Both blinds down

Dining room....

Oh yeah....Sydney-build, got the enclosed bin from Bunnings for $157.00 (44ltr bin). An hour later installing it and whalaaa....

Nearly forgot about the kitchen glass splashback. Red splashback cost us $1300 cause it was all one piece. Would have cost us $1100 had we put it in 2 pieces but the one piece is much, much nicer.

Sorry about the TV reflection....just took all the pics 5mins ago....
Colours picked today. It's starting to get real now! Managed to pick some standard items. Though was surprised when they said createc gloss wasn't included in a diamond kitchen. Did anyone else find this? Did anyone upgrade to createc gloss? I'd love a ballpark figure. If anyone did . Thanks

I chose them too!!

Lizzy083
rmjose18
That's awesome denot
when did you guys start ??

We have lights
and it works apparently hahaha!

Bathroom light-heater-exhaust

And how I love this feature wall in guest room!!!

Formal living
I can't wait to sit here!

Rose, I chose those floor to ceiling tiles too! They look great!!! Do you have any more pics of them?
Justwondering LOVE the splash back!! We are getting something similar (smokey mirror) Definitely worth the extra for one piece!!

MinandB I am really surprised what is standard for Sapphire is standard for diamond! Do you know what IS included in the Diamond which is an upgrade for us?

Lizzy083
Justwondering LOVE the splash back!! We are getting something similar (smokey mirror) Definitely worth the extra for one piece!!

MinandB I am really surprised what is standard for Sapphire is standard for diamond! Do you know what IS included in the Diamond which is an upgrade for us?

Thanks Lizzy. Considering that Clarendon wanted nearly $3K just for the bottom bit (not behind the rangehood), it's quite cheap....that's why I mentioned the prices. The bin was also around $700-800 through Clarendon.
Big savings post handover.
Was it a normal cupboard and you took the hinges off? Love that idea too but was not willing to pay that much!

Some amazing pictures there people.. really inspiring. Just wish our bricklaying would kick off so things can get back on track.
Sydney-build
In other news, it was a miserable wet day.
I had sparky inside doing light fittings and the landscapers outside putting in drainage.

Lights first

Mud everywhere ,,,,

SB, is your sparky quite reasonable? How much is he charging per light? Are you in the hills area?

I'm loving the kitchen dave... I would have loved red splash back but wasn't brave

Yea SB how much did sparky cost you?
Belle where r you building?
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum