Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Hall & Hart Homes

Page 39 of 61
msresearcher
very excited to jump on board officially. we are building a soho
anyone else building or thinking of building a soho?

Well done. We’re just waiting on our arborists report as we have a large native 500mm from the end of our alfresco. Hopefully they will recommend that we can lop it & replace it with something else a little further away. H&H have been great in extending our tender due to xmas break, however we’ll sign up on Friday
Thanks everyone and congrats to the other new starters as well!

Question: we aren’t doing display bricks, but rather render/moroka downstairs and cladding upstairs. (As the only brick I liked was 30k yikes for downstairs). So does that mean I do my external selections through studio you instead of austral bricks? Bit disappointed as I heard austral bricks do such a good job of assisting you with facade choices and externals.
msresearcher

Question: we aren’t doing display bricks, but rather render/moroka downstairs and cladding upstairs. (As the only brick I liked was 30k yikes for downstairs). So does that mean I do my external selections through studio you instead of austral bricks? Bit disappointed as I heard austral bricks do such a good job of assisting you with facade choices and externals.

Congrats on getting to the next stage! The colour selections are fun but stressful! We did our selections last year before they had studio you in place so can't help you on whether the facade is done there or at Austral. We did find the Austral consultant very helpful in suggesting render colours. That being said, Maddie at H&H was also extremely helpful when we had questions about matching the garage decowood colours, front door stains, etc, so you'll be in good hands at studio you.

Was hoping we would have some pics to share of our facade with render + cladding + bricks but the main company H&H uses for rendering has been pretty busy and our job hasn't been done yet. I follow the render company on instagram and they do a great job, so I think they are worth the wait.

Our internals are speeding along and we have stairs this week, with kitchen planned for next week. It's so exciting to see it all coming together!
Has anyone put louvres in, rather than sliding windows?
We did, in the bathroom in addition to highlight window over bathtub. We wanted maximum ventilation but also wanted to see our backyard/ future pool
Hi Zen, thanks for your well wishes, looking forward to your pics 🙂

I do have a question regarding your waterproof enginereed timber chosen, we are on the same path and planning to go see whats available at accent carpet soon, were there many too choose from with this quality?Which range was that? Its the biggest allowances in our tender so we want to ensure we make the right decision cause I am also contemplating post handover flooring.
On a separate note, went to a relative's 50th party last weekend at their brand new EB home, saw a HH built full brick Elyse down the road at lockup... looking great guys! 😉 Happily pointed out thats our builder. Have a gr8t Friday!
msresearcher

Austral colour consultation will still be required as you need to finalise all externals window frames, fascia, gutter, garage door, driveway colour, render colour. Enjoy!
HaminZa

I do have a question regarding your waterproof enginereed timber chosen, we are on the same path and planning to go see whats available at accent carpet soon, were there many too choose from with this quality?Which range was that? Its the biggest allowances in our tender so we want to ensure we make the right decision cause I am also contemplating post handover flooring.

If you choose to visit Accent Carpets in Castle Hill speak to Kerrie on the pros and cons of different range of floor coverings. He's really upfront and will help you come to a decision on whether it's worth the $$
HaminZa
We did, in the bathroom in addition to highlight window over bathtub. We wanted maximum ventilation but also wanted to see our backyard/ future pool

What was the upgrade price? And what stage did you do this at? Post or pre final plan sign off?
SDS1
msresearcher

Austral colour consultation will still be required as you need to finalise all externals window frames, fascia, gutter, garage door, driveway colour, render colour. Enjoy!

Oh that’s so interesting. Is that because I have a brick under the render? Cos they told me I’ll need to do mine at studio you since I’m
Not doing brick selection...
msresearcher
SDS1
msresearcher

Oh that’s so interesting. Is that because I have a brick under the render? Cos they told me I’ll need to do mine at studio you since I’m
Not doing brick selection...

Well maybe if they told you that you just go with that. I quite liked looking at bricks and my appointment at Austral. See if you want to drive by anyway so you can see what's available
Hi everyone,

We are having plan presentation in two days. Do you have any recommendations or tips for the meeting?
Thanks in advance.
ks155
Hi everyone,

We are having plan presentation in two days. Do you have any recommendations or tips for the meeting?
Thanks in advance.

Make notes as needed. They will explain site costs, fees and bond payments directly paid to council etc which we need to be prepared for. It's a lot of information hence my first suggestion to make notes so you can take it all in and have a reference point. Best wishes
msresearcher
HaminZa

What was the upgrade price? And what stage did you do this at? Post or pre final plan sign off?

Unfortunately it was included in our total base price at tender, shown with 2 windows in plan. Well let's see plan signoff coming up and can see full elevations
HaminZa

Hi HaminZa, we went with the TDF range and chose the Coastal Blackbutt colour. At the time, this was the top of the range waterproof engineered timber. We chose it more than a year ago so they may have something else now. Kerrie from Accent Carpet was great and very knowledgeable. We haven't got the floorboards in yet, a bit nervous to see the entire ground floor with the selection - will post pics once the floorboads are in.
I probably should have got this in my tender plans too - my plan is a mix of casement and sliding which i kind of ignored as thought windows comes later... oh well wont be signing final plans to its sorted.

In exciting news thing i have my paint colours sorted:
downstairs render - princess bling
upstairs cladding - night sky

inside im thinking princess bling or cotton sheets

still testing big boards painted all over our current house in different aspects and times of day to be sure. tested 4 whites (int/ext) and 2 blacks/charcoals (ext).
[quote="Zen":39ezaebu][quote="HaminZa":39ezaebu]Hi Zen, thanks for your well wishes, looking forward to your pics 🙂

I do have a question regarding your waterproof enginereed timber chosen, we are on the same path and planning to go see whats available at accent carpet soon, were there many too choose from with this quality?Which range was that? Its the biggest allowances in our tender so we want to ensure we make the right decision cause I am also contemplating post handover flooring.[/quote:39ezaebu]
Hi HaminZa, we went with the TDF range and chose the Coastal Blackbutt colour. At the time, this was the top of the range waterproof engineered timber. We chose it more than a year ago so they may have something else now. Kerrie from Accent Carpet was great and very knowledgeable. We haven't got the floorboards in yet, a bit nervous to see the entire ground floor with the selection - will post pics once the floorboads are in.[/quote:39ezaebu]

Thanks Zen , much appreciated it, looking forward to pics

Last weekend, we managed to see K and yes he is very informative and genuine nice guy. We spent like over an hour there but actually most of the time talking about sports/ kids with my partner lol. So managed to shortlist down to 2 . The Waterproof range is still there, really impressed with the feel and quality but we have our hearts set out to a particular timber colour which limits us to either standard (included) or upgrade to euro oak flooring. Still thinking budget and value for money 🤔
msresearcher
I probably should have got this in my tender plans too - my plan is a mix of casement and sliding which i kind of ignored as thought windows comes later... oh well wont be signing final plans to its sorted.

In exciting news thing i have my paint colours sorted:
downstairs render - princess bling
upstairs cladding - night sky

inside im thinking princess bling or cotton sheets

still testing big boards painted all over our current house in different aspects and times of day to be sure. tested 4 whites (int/ext) and 2 blacks/charcoals (ext).

I also have decided on 'changes' to windows/ doors (again) but also recalled during tender presentation when asked, we still can make 1x final plan change (nothing structural) so should be fine then.

Can't believe we are on the same path! Just received my mailed brushout 7 x whites and 2 x greys for interior colours testing am to pm. Cotton sheet is a popular interior colour, you won't go wrong there.

Great externals, had a quick look online, really like night sky, what is your window frames will be btw? Monument to match? I am thinking this for mine. My externals walls render are locked in with my estate guidelines so just need to match its dulux palette, knew it from day one. I also ordered All black brushout for main door but still deciding... gotta match with my external tiles.. which I need to make my 10th visit to Beaumont Tiles to finally decide, enjoying the process though🤭

Good Luck in your decisions!
Hi fellow H&H builds,

We are currently in week 26 of our build and looking at possible PCI in 3 weeks time! It’s been an incredible build journey and we’ve been very happy with the build so far.

Sharing some pics of our internals. The tiling was completed this week - so pleased with how our selections turned out!

We’re looking forward to seeing our internal and external paint and flooring selections come to life over next couple weeks. Will share more then.
Related
15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum