Aaaa then yes a fake one
I hate this stupid tapatalk app!
denot
rmjose18
That's awesome denot
when did you guys start ??

Thanks rmjose, Our build was 'On Construction' on the 20/10/2014
SS was expecting it to be finished by mid or end July
But he was so good we are 3 weeks early (even after all the bad weather in Sydney, oh and Xmas break)

Denot, that's lucky! Ours went on construction 30/10.

Just spoke to SS & asked for estimated PCI date. He said end of June, handover 2 weeks later. Although he said he will try earlier than that. Will commit to a date on 1st week of June. It seems too long.

Rose, when did yours go on construction?

We went 10oct.. So clearly 3 week delay
Rose your house looks beaitiful!

We have a driveway 😄 and at the end of first stage of pool! Inside looks like a bomb 😭

Oh Heidi !!
The pool is coming up nice ! Would love to see pics as it progresses...
And how I am dying to see a driveway in front of my property !
Carrying all the sand into the house at the moment. Concretor starts Monday.

In other news, another hectic day today. Noticed a couple of missing roof tiles this morning. God knows how long its been like that
Immediately sent a pic to supervisor. Even though we have had handover he acknowledged that this is something that was missed/not checked/whatever. Since I didn't keep any spare roof tiles, had to rush to Emu Plains to Boral ward. SS spoke to someone there and arranged for me to pick up a few roof tiles. Anyway, came back, got up on the ladder and what I see .....
The tiles are already there - just pushed up by some tradie to check something maybe. He didn't pull them back down. Not happy about it. Insulation has probably got wet. Will have to check it.

In still another development, surprised to see that our house is already on nearmap.com
Had called up a solar power company and he sent me this pic !
They must update very frequently. Wish it was still free

Looking awesome Heidi
That's quick SB!! Hope insulation didn't get wet!
Awesome stuff everyone. Heidi, the driveway looks so awesome!

Quick update: No call from SS today, most times he will call on a Friday, so probably will get a call tomorrow. In any case, I decided I don't like the cladding colour now that we were forced to change the brick colour to a darker brick so I sent an email to our CSC to see if we could change it to a lighter beige colour that would match our garage door colour etc.. What do I get in return.. oh but of course an out of office email saying he's on leave until the 25th... wtf? Nice of him to let his clients know about going on leave. The previous CSC, Renee (who isn't a CSC anymore but got promoted), always told us of any leave or if the office was going to be closed etc.

The SS has been great and communicative.. the Clarendon CSC, quite the opposite. He does get things done quite promptly but he doesn't keep you updated on progress or even to say he's submitted your requests to the other departments etc. So I shouldn't really be surprised that he's decided to take a week off without telling clients... oh well..
Email received this afternoon:

Hi Lisa,

Just a quick update for you – you should be lodged tomorrow morning as your permits officer had to request additional information from the developer.

Kind Regards,

C H
Customer Service Consultant

Music to my ears!! It's been such a long process up until now! Fingers crossed I get a three week approval like Camden council have been giving!! I feel I'm soooooo far behind most of you!! The real fun is about to begin!!

Email received this afternoon:

Hi Lisa,

Just a quick update for you – you should be lodged tomorrow morning as your permits officer had to request additional information from the developer.

Kind Regards,

C H
Customer Service Consultant

Music to my ears!! It's been such a long process up until now! Fingers crossed I get a three week approval like Camden council have been giving!! I feel I'm soooooo far behind most of you!! The real fun is about to begin!!

Rose, I chose those floor to ceiling tiles too! They look great!!! Sydney build hope all is well with the roof! Heidi I LOVE the driveway, light487 I hope you get some answers soon! Make enough noise and you'll get what you want!

Heidimikew

We have a driveway 😄 and at the end of first stage of pool! Inside looks like a bomb 😭

Driveway looks great! How wide is it? Ours could only be 4m at the kerb due to Gold Coast council requirements!
Heidimikew

Driveway looks great! How wide is it? Ours could only be 4m at the kerb due to Gold Coast council requirements!
LauraKG
Heidimikew

/quote]
Laura the driveway before the "wings" is 4 metres but you can add .8 with wings so total 4.8 metres with .4 on either side. I really wanted 5.5 but our concreter burst my bubble with the Gold Coast requirements but glad he knew about the wing loop hole!
Sydney-build
Oh Heidi !!
The pool is coming up nice ! Would love to see pics as it progresses...
And how I am dying to see a driveway in front of my property !
Carrying all the sand into the house at the moment. Concretor starts Monday.

In other news, another hectic day today. Noticed a couple of missing roof tiles this morning. God knows how long its been like that
Immediately sent a pic to supervisor. Even though we have had handover he acknowledged that this is something that was missed/not checked/whatever. Since I didn't keep any spare roof tiles, had to rush to Emu Plains to Boral ward. SS spoke to someone there and arranged for me to pick up a few roof tiles. Anyway, came back, got up on the ladder and what I see .....
The tiles are already there - just pushed up by some tradie to check something maybe. He didn't pull them back down. Not happy about it. Insulation has probably got wet. Will have to check it.

In still another development, surprised to see that our house is already on nearmap.com
Had called up a solar power company and he sent me this pic !
They must update very frequently. Wish it was still free

Well I'm not that great at doing update photos
but I'll definitely do some update photos for you!

I hear you with the sand issues. Upgrading your mortar to white sand looks great until the brickies leave it behind and you end up with a powdery white beach inside. I swear it will never go away! 🏄
Meh.. of course it's raining in Sydney now isn't it.. more delays for brick laying stage. According to weatherzone, just today it will rain.. not for the last few days.. not for the next few days.. just today.. the day they were scheduled to start!
Heidi - The driveway look fantastic, is it coloured through concrete?
I love the pool it looks a perfect size.

SB - How frustrating they left the tiles up, soometimes it makes u wonder with the tradies so lazy. It must be annoying getting sand through the place too, hopefully u get good weather for Monday.

Light487 - Just send it through and say as we had to change bricks due to and the reason (sorry can't remember the brick issue u had) the cladding colour will not work and want to change it. at least you still have plenty of time before cladding gets painted.
Very annoying about the brickies and rain, hopefully its only today and they cant start it next week for you.

I'll have to post pics when I get around to downloading them etc, but now have cornice on upstairs and stairs to go in next week. So getting progress which is good.
Mind you we went to construction 31st Oct 2014 and looks like handover won't be till early August, so almost 10 months.
Nelly83
Heidi - The driveway look fantastic, is it coloured through concrete?
I love the pool it looks a perfect size.

SB - How frustrating they left the tiles up, soometimes it makes u wonder with the tradies so lazy. It must be annoying getting sand through the place too, hopefully u get good weather for Monday.

Light487 - Just send it through and say as we had to change bricks due to and the reason (sorry can't remember the brick issue u had) the cladding colour will not work and want to change it. at least you still have plenty of time before cladding gets painted.
Very annoying about the brickies and rain, hopefully its only today and they cant start it next week for you.

I'll have to post pics when I get around to downloading them etc, but now have cornice on upstairs and stairs to go in next week. So getting progress which is good.
Mind you we went to construction 31st Oct 2014 and looks like handover won't be till early August, so almost 10 months.

Nelly - where are you building? Ours went on construction 30 Oct, estimated PCI date end of June but not confirmed yet.

Heidi - I like your driveway too. What colour is that? Are you getting anything else done on top of it? Can't wait to see photos of the pool too once fully complete!

Light - Definitely try to get it changed. We had our bricks changed from Pepper (brown) to Chiffon (grey). Had to change the cladding & render colours. The bricks are totally different from one & the other though.

If they won't do it, which I can't see why they won't, we'll just paint it after handover.. but obviously would prefer they do it.
Guys, anyone know where can I get the window size from Clarendon? I've looked at our Final Consolidation document, but there is no measurements on the windows and sliding doors (need them for security mesh)
Thanks!
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum