Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 377 of 433
Doulton777
Guys I know this is off topic. But I think you guys will be interested in this. It’s suppose to save you on energy cost. Apparently it’s only about $5000 to do. I don’t know if size of the house makes it cost more. But we are thinking of looking into this.

https://www.foam-insulation.com.au/roof-insulation/

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I looked at this when planning our custom build but never got quotes. Do M offer this as an option? What did 5k cover?
We missed a big piece of glass in our double glazing. The stacker doors.... 🤦🏻‍♀️ not a window so wasn’t double glazed.

emmyawards
We missed a big piece of glass in our double glazing. The stacker doors.... 🤦🏻‍♀️ not a window so wasn’t double glazed.

We had to pay extra for that, cost more than the door

madj-m
Doulton777
Guys I know this is off topic. But I think you guys will be interested in this. It’s suppose to save you on energy cost. Apparently it’s only about $5000 to do. I don’t know if size of the house makes it cost more. But we are thinking of looking into this.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I looked at this when planning our custom build but never got quotes. Do M offer this as an option? What did 5k cover?

I don’t think m does it. We learnt about this from a Bunnings worker. Who told us he spoke to the people who install it. And that it’s actually so good to use and works really well. And I think he said it’s sound proofing and that they even use it in the walls. $5000 covered the whole roof.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Is standard practice almost in America.

Americans are usually way ahead of us

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Week 12 update
According to our site manager Render to the top floor nearly done.
Cabinets installed in the kitchen, butlers, bathrooms.
Our neighbour said the outside windows have some foil covering it. Not sure what that is but possibly put to get ready for render.
Anyone knows what normally gets done next?
Lock up invoice received but externals are not yet finished so will check what the process is as the bank need confirmation from Ms inspectors that the stage is complete.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
blackcat20
emmyawards

We had to pay extra for that, cost more than the door

Hmm. We got our doors on promo. Wonder if we can apply a special film to it later. Otherwise it may be ok since we have curtains anyway. Had to custom make a 8.3m long curtain!!!!

Aside from double glazed windows, we're considering putting up curtains with thermal fabric. Hopefully it pays off.
Hi All

I upgraded to the largest daikin air conditioning unit - it’s huge and very good but very loud! The neighbours have been complaining and it’s starting to get nasty.

I tried installing sound insulation materials that I bought from the below company but hat has been useless.

http://thesilencer.com.au/air-condition ... roofing-2/

Is anyone in the same boat and what did they do?

NthHome
Hi All

I upgraded to the largest daikin air conditioning unit - it’s huge and very good but very loud! The neighbours have been complaining and it’s starting to get nasty.

I tried installing sound insulation materials that I bought from the below company but hat has been useless.

http://thesilencer.com.au/air-condition ... roofing-2/

Is anyone in the same boat and what did they do?

Which unit is it? We had a Daikin at our old house and the was an option to run the external compressor in a quiet mode.

Try giving Daikin a call, their service is excellent

Has anyone signed their contract and paid 5% deposit before seeing their variations on paper? We have our signing appointment on Saturday and we only had 5 days to review plans and 4 days to review contract. Several things were wrong with both and we have raised these issues with M. They have said they will write up the variations but can’t guarantee we will we then by Saturday, but should get them early next week at latest.

I am worried about signing and paying deposit Saturday before seeing confirmation of these changes being made. Some of these changes include costs that have increased for stand alone items since quoted in prelim contract.

Should we delay appointment??
Some of ours were done after our contract was signed.

blackcat20

And did you get all you asked for? I’m worrried they may not make the changes to our satisfaction.
shokel1975
Has anyone signed their contract and paid 5% deposit before seeing their variations on paper? We have our signing appointment on Saturday and we only had 5 days to review plans and 4 days to review contract. Several things were wrong with both and we have raised these issues with M. They have said they will write up the variations but can’t guarantee we will we then by Saturday, but should get them early next week at latest.

I am worried about signing and paying deposit Saturday before seeing confirmation of these changes being made. Some of these changes include costs that have increased for stand alone items since quoted in prelim contract.

Just be careful with variations as they are not very good at cascading them to the ss. They go along building as per contract and later find out there was a variation. Depending on the variation, they might have to rip apart something that was perfect to get it done.
Obi
shokel1975

Just be careful with variations as they are not very good at cascading them to the ss. They go along building as per contract and later find out there was a variation. Depending on the variation, they might have to rip apart something that was perfect to get it done.

Thanks for the heads up - that is good to keep in mind 👍
shokel1975
blackcat20

And did you get all you asked for? I’m worrried they may not make the changes to our satisfaction.

Yes we got everything. Just be mindful that there are certain things that are required by the government that obviously they cannot change.
shokel1975

I reckon we should treat these situations like we would do at work: what would the boss say on us signing off a contract at such a stage? Contract is a contract.
Think of it this way. You sign the contract to get things going. Then you create variations against the contract. This gives you flexibility that even during building you can write variations against the contract as long as they are non-structural.
We've had no issues with our post contract variations as the final/construction plans are adjusted to match.

Same here we had no issues with Post Contract Variations.

Just make sure you get a signed copy emailed back to you and keep them all together. The Variations will also appear on the Statement when you receive that (Contract Price + Variations - Amounts Paid). That way you can make sure they are all correct
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum