Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 376 of 862
Also, I was told the slab supervisor and BC would contact us before site start. We start in 2 days but haven't heard from anyone. Do they usually contact you? I was hoping so as I am going away Friday and wanted their details before we head off just in case.
nique01
Also, I was told the slab supervisor and BC would contact us before site start. We start in 2 days but haven't heard from anyone. Do they usually contact you? I was hoping so as I am going away Friday and wanted their details before we head off just in case.

just in case of what?

Just trust in your builder.

You need to trust your builder or otherwise why sign up with them to build you a house. I understand that its a lot of $$$$. No point signing if there is no trust.
Just popping my head in here!

We are due to go to contract on Thursday and we found out a few days ago that our land titles have been delayed by 3 months.
I thought everything was going a tad too smoothly!!

But I did expect it, we had a look at the land a few weeks ago and they hadn't made much progress... I said to my other half that if we were to get the land in September, we may need to buy a 4WD to access it first!!!
Some people get pre slab done just to make sure its located as stated in the drawings incase you moved closer to one wall or so and to make sure piping is in correct location just have a search some people have had them laid wrong
tstr1a
nique01

just in case of what?

Just trust in your builder.

You need to trust your builder or otherwise why sign up with them to build you a house. I understand that its a lot of $$$$. No point signing if there is no trust.

We of trust them! When we signed our final drawings they said it would be a good idea that they know we are away and to make sure they had our emails. But I haven't heard back. Was just seeing if other people were contacted before they started.
seashoremontague21
Some people get pre slab done just to make sure its located as stated in the drawings incase you moved closer to one wall or so and to make sure piping is in correct location just have a search some people have had them laid wrong

Ok thanks for that. They do an inspection for slab down so will look into this.
nique01

I didn't hear from my slab supervisor until the morning they started. He gave me a courtesy call to let me know that they had started work on the excavations and he also reconfirmed the slab pour date (subject to weather though).
I think question is not about trust it's more about if any communication expected before actual site start.
Serenity_Now
nique01

I didn't hear from my slab supervisor until the morning they started. He gave me a courtesy call to let me know that they had started work on the excavations and he also reconfirmed the slab pour date (subject to weather though).

Thanks for the info.
mirz
I think question is not about trust it's more about if any communication expected before actual site start.

Yes it is about communication! It's been difficult to get onto BC throughout the process so far so I am interested to see what the communication is like now that we are about to start building.
nique01

Site start was last month and my slab is going to be poured next week (subject to weather) - I haven't heard from our slab guy or our SS yet. Our BC has been keeping us in the loop so far though and she has been great with communication.
skye02
nique01

Site start was last month and my slab is going to be poured next week (subject to weather) - I haven't heard from our slab guy or our SS yet. Our BC has been keeping us in the loop so far though and she has been great with communication.

Fingers crossed the weather is good to us with the slab pour! Are you getting an independent inspector for your slab. Undecided!!
nique01
skye02
nique01

Fingers crossed the weather is good to us with the slab pour! Are you getting an independent inspector for your slab. Undecided!!

I am having an independent inspector but he suggested doing inspections from frame stage. Im going along with his advice so hopefully it pays off.
Is there any software or website where we can try putting all colour selection to see how house gonna look like as whole?

I'm nervous if selection won't look right at the very end.
Hi Mirz, I was really nervous also about my colour selections. I was concerned that I would make a horrendous decision because I couldn't tell if a little colour sample worked well together. Anyway, I decided to invest in a colour consultant. I used Felicity from Tragardh Interiors and she met me at Hopetoun and we went thru all the selections which took a few hours and then drove to national tiles and did the same there. It was great really and took out the pain.

Anyway, her phone number is 0430 032 322 and details are on https://www.facebook.com/TragardhInteriors. I also have my colour boards on my blog. Good luck with your decision. It is definitely important.
thanks ajd78, will checkout your blog too.

we been quoted $4900 for hebel promo.

if we calculate bricks upgrade plus off white mortar that makes close to $2900.

so it comes to $2100 difference. we are not really brick only kind.

i have a question to those who went with Hebel promo. does this price $4990 covers render all around the house on hebel or do we have to pay extra for render? thanks.

anyone building Hoffman, did you select closed toilet in ensuite? it doesnt look practical in display.
my understanding is to close this toilet outer wall has to extend first before putting a door infront of WC otherwise it would be too small to use.
mirz
thanks ajd78, will checkout your blog too.

we been quoted $4900 for hebel promo.

if we calculate bricks upgrade plus off white mortar that makes close to $2900.

so it comes to $2100 difference. we are not really brick only kind.

i have a question to those who went with Hebel promo. does this price $4990 covers render all around the house on hebel or do we have to pay extra for render? thanks.

anyone building Hoffman, did you select closed toilet in ensuite? it doesnt look practical in display.
my understanding is to close this toilet outer wall has to extend first before putting a door infront of WC otherwise it would be too small to use.

Mirz, the layout of the ensuite totally changes with the enclosed toilet in the ensuite. Basically, the toilet goes where the shower is, the wir is blocked off and the shower goes there. The entrance to the ensuite is where the toilet is in the standard plan.
So you walk into the ensuite the shower is on the left, basins dead ahead and the toilet on the right. There is no entry to the wir from the ensuite. Your sc should be able to show you the plan. A toilet with a door is essential with children
they follow you everywhere

The cost was $449 be aware that if you also get the extended lounge option downstairs then the window size is decreased in the ensuite to about half the size.
Thanks Back Pocket for explaining this. Now it makes sense. Girl who took us for walk through didn't know anything about this just like half of other stuff.

We aren't going for extended front lounge so that shouldn't be a problem.

We are going sign some initial quote and paperwork with SC on this Sunday. We will ask for plan drawings including std alfresco and ensuite toilet.

I couldn't figure out how that toilet is practical in Hoffman. PD is offering a toilet and charging $450 to make it usable. Love their marketing & designing team

With 3 kids its hard to imagine a toilet without door, lol.

We are now inclining more towards Hebel build in lieu of bricks.

another question, is it must to pay 5% deposit at the time of contract or it is negotiable? and this deposit is subject to finance and valuation or non-refundable no matter what?
deposit is paid:
3% at tender
2% at contract
Quote:
another question, is it must to pay 5% deposit at the time of contract or it is negotiable? and this deposit is subject to finance and valuation or non-refundable no matter what?

If you use Choice Home Loans, you only have to pay the first 3%, the rest is paid out by Choice for you. We are using Choice and have found them to be far better than the big banks - we'll end up by saving over 25K for the life of our loan compared to our current loan with ANZ

They are mortgage brokers and have about 30 banks that you can choose from (including the big ones if you want that option). Choice handle all the document to-ing and fro-ing too for you which makes life much easier. Highly recommend talking to them.
http://www.porterdavis.com.au/Why-Build-With-Us/Finance
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum