Mojo Homes

Page 38 of 62
Crownleyian
HomeTweetHome
mys013
BlueGum design do them for $395

http://Www.bluegumdesign.com.au

That's who we will be using I think.

I have used BlueGum Design to reduce risk of any delays from council. They normally get it done within 2 to 3 days.

So does everyone need a landscaping plan or only some councils require them?

As far as I know it is only required if your application will go through DA

OK thanks ?

ja-mez
warwicks2016,

I asked when we are going to council as final docs are done.. then I was replied with we need your landscape plan.. big WTF from me. Apparently at the plan appointment (the one I had back in October!!) I was to be told about needing to get a landscape plan... So now I'm actually delaying my own project if I don't source one promptly....

1) I don't know wether to pay the 600-1K for one.
2) if its just a generic mock up surely there is a way to do it yourself whilst following the guidelines - only due to lead times. rang 3 people all on skeleton staff. all going to take 1-2 weeks.
3) how much info regarding the rain garden does it need to reflect?

Any fellow Kellyville house builders point me in the right direction (landscaper or software)

Hey!

We're building in North kellyville too but not up to plans yet.

I've been looking at the council documents summited by my neighbours and while some have professional plans done, others have simply taken their site plan and marked the location of their soft landscaping vs hard areas, planting and rain garden location using pen and highlighters... And they were approved all the same.

Have a look at what others on your street have summited and you'll get an idea of what's needed. You can access all their documents using the hills online da tracker, just search your street name in there.

Thank you so much!!!

ja-mez
Thank you so much!!!

You're welcome. Where abouts in kellyville are you building?

We're in the community title section of oak tree estate

I know oak tree... theres 2 enigma 41s on barry road next to each other opposite the estate!!! you must have bought from david??

we are further down barry on Watheroo st.

ps I didn't even knew we had access to our neighbours DA's lol
ja-mez
I know oak tree... theres 2 enigma 41s on barry road next to each other opposite the estate!!! you must have bought from david??

we are further down barry on Watheroo st.

ps I didn't even knew we had access to our neighbours DA's lol

We bought in an on-sale but did have some dealings with David.

We've been doing plenty of drive bys of all the mojo's we can find in the area, there are plenty around

I love a bit of DA stalking tbh. It's really handy to know what your neighbours are building (it's only the site plans and elevations - not the actual floorplans so not too stalkerish) so you know your house wont clash (or worse, be identical) with your neighbours, but also shows where their house will cast shadows on your lot, or where their windows are, so you can make the most of privacy measures.

One of the benefits of starting build later than others

When we bough we did so next to a battleax. We made the deadside the one adjoining the neighbours house and the open side the battleax driveway as its a double.
The neighbour after the driveway built a single storey.
Plenty of western sun. Good for winter bad for summer! Goong to put in some feature awnings over that bed 2 and maybe the read beds..

Now our battleax neighbour is building just about on our rear boundary. Frustrating because we lose privacy. we have 10lm to our house for a reason!!
Kids beds and front balcony will look into our backyard. Hope they like pool noise, Latin music and charcoal smell/smoke lol

Has anyone engaged an independent building inspector? We are at frames stage and our inspector has identified a number of defects. Has anyone been able to have their defects acknowledged or rectified?

Anyone know if they had to go through council to remove trees do they state that the reason is for a proposed cdc? I'm worried that they will knock it back and want full DA. Going through mojo but they haven't given any guidance
ja-mez

Any fellow Kellyville house builders point me in the right direction (landscaper or software)

Ha, we're building in North Kellyville too.

We did a drive by a few on the Mojo's that are at lock up stage.
Jeez they look nice compared to the brick/fibro paneling houses opposite.

The wife spoke with Mojo yesterday asking what we need to do for council.

For our landscape plan, we're going to grab a green highlighter and make the landscape all grass with the odd tree

Mojo is building our rain garden for us, so its on the plan.
by the book if you look at what is required by council in hillshire:

plan - marked out - soft and hard finishes

mix of plants - botanical and common name, staking/bedding requirements - avoiding plants/tree that have a lot of dropping/fruits.. suitable for environment.

planting method - 150mm topsoil for lawn and 300mm for garden beds..

dividers for grass to garden beds

few others bits and pieces...

I have engaged Bluegumdesign he needs 2 weeks max to turn that plan desgin around and he knows council requirements inside out. highlighters on a plan may pass sometimes... but it is not according the council requirements.. I was DA stalking and a few of the ones I saw with highlights have been withdrawn/redacted or stop the clock.....that was enough to put me off, even with CAD and all my design software in our estimating department I still opted not to do it.

simple things like there must be 2LM of screening plants to either side of the driveway....
you miss that then council writes to mojo, who writes to you, you go back and forth about what to do.. and may in the end pay a designer... for what bluegum charges for me its a nobrainer, i'm just miffed about the lost time, $400 in the grand scheme of things is not much for something I can implement at handover to add greenery to our home. Certainly if you have the time and patience to read the design spec you can get it done. you could also just copy someone elses plan to suit. look through the DA's till you find a similar house/block.
Hey all,
I notice everyone is talking about landscape plan. I'll explain about what happen with ours during that stage.

Just a week or so before the xmas break and trying to get our plans to council we were told we needed a landscape plan which can be drawn by us pointing out where the grass, driveway will be and using highlighters. So this was done and return back to our CLO, a few days later we were adviced this was not accepted by council and we need a landscape plan professionally done with correct scale. I think it costed me $500 to find someone to do it within 24hrs.

jay30
Hey all,
I notice everyone is talking about landscape plan. I'll explain about what happen with ours during that stage.

Just a week or so before the xmas break and trying to get our plans to council we were told we needed a landscape plan which can be drawn by us pointing out where the grass, driveway will be and using highlighters. So this was done and return back to our CLO, a few days later we were adviced this was not accepted by council and we need a landscape plan professionally done with correct scale. I think it costed me $500 to find someone to do it within 24hrs.

Thats interesting maybe it was your council that would not accept the drawn one, ours was literally scribble and was accepted
I will reiterate

Hill shire council requirements are not met by highlighted plans.

There is plenty of free documentation that stipulates the landscape requirements

Jay30
$500 is reasonable, i had quotes from 400-2000.

i had a bit of a go about not being given notice about this landscape plan. No one likes to rush these decisions but youre made to feel like youre delaying your own build process.. i was told clearly that our plan appointment is when it should be brought up. I wonder what else theyve left out...

Very frustrating but we move forward. Im awaiting my plans from shaun at bluegumdesign. Cant wait to lodge and be approved!
Then the fun begins!!

Yeah it was reasonable, but we just got them to do a simple plan to just get pass council, nothing too complicated lol

Well we still havent got our keys, about 7 weeks delayed now. Not sure what we can do here?just a few things that needs to be done but we are not getting anywhere with it.

ja-mez
I will reiterate

There is plenty of free documentation that stipulates the landscape requirements

Jay30

i had a bit of a go about not being given notice about this landscape plan. No one likes to rush these decisions but youre made to feel like youre delaying your own build process.. i was told clearly that our plan appointment is when it should be brought up. I wonder what else theyve left out...

Very frustrating but we move forward. Im awaiting my plans from shaun at bluegumdesign. Cant wait to lodge and be approved!
Then the fun begins!!

Interesting because I've seen several of my neighbours council documents in the DA portal which were just highlighted/drawn on and their development has been approved.

Jay30

Make a list in excel
Itemised.
order of importance.
Room by room.
Dated from when the issue was known.

Then given them a timeframe to complete. Its thee only way, the liquidated damages arent worth ****.

If site supervisor doesnt reply with timeframes after 1 week then i would look at escalating
Its a **** time of year. I fear this will happen to me next year... we should have submitted by november!!

Hey we have done that and also emailed management. Management is just passing it back to the SS. 7 weeks later and we are yet getting nowhere. Im just wondering if all the houses are delayed or this is just ours?hrmm

nennles
ja-mez
I will reiterate

Jay30

Then the fun begins!!

Interesting because I've seen several of my neighbours council documents in the DA portal which were just highlighted/drawn on and their development has been approved.

Nennles
Youre missing the point. There are requirements. So if youre lucky it may pass. To be compliant without delays you're better off doing it correctly, nothing wrong with doing it by hand aslong as You have a proper plan

Shrubs
Plants
Trees x 1 or 2
Minimum 2LM of hedging/screening either side of the driveway
Australian natives incorporated
List of plants common and botanical names
How you will plant/stake and potsize
Garden beds i think is 300mm of appropriate soil
Grass is think is 150mm of appropriate soil
Rain garden location
Nominate type of fencing
Type of retaining walls
Clothesline
Hard and soft easily distinguishable
Mixture of soft finishes.
Appropriate drainage for retaining walls

Related
26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum