Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Re: Commodore Homes, Whiteman Edge: Retaining Wall

Page 38 of 42
Lots of colours. Look forward to seeing all the photos once you're done
AC it all sounds very colourful.... It will look different once completed with the blinds etc, the colours selected will definitely brighten up the home.... Purple eh, Freo colours not a bad choice for WCE supporter hehe
the wife choose that colour. I'm not really a fan of it.
Your wife has great taste for colour, this coming from a Freo supporter

Teasing ya ..... Hehe
very colorful
congrats on all your hard work
Yeah elected to go with colours we know not everyone likes colours. And it's much easier to stick with your neutral colours to play it safe hopefully with the wall paper it will look good.
Looking good AC - good stuff to get it painted before you move in. We haven't painted and doesn't look like we will for a while, do not look forward to moving furniture again!
Cheers Daedalus. I knew if I moved in first I would never come around to moving the furniture again to paint, it's hard enough now as it is to motivate myself to complete it, just biting the bullet at the moment and going at it. Finished the back section of the house today 3 bedrooms, toilet, hallway, bathroom and laundry. I am knackered...

Tommorrow finish master bedroom ensuite, front entrance hallway and study hopefully, just got to work around the floor layer.

Here is a couple of pics of my daughters bedroom (Strawberry Surprise) and the kitchen my wife was just playing with the purple in the kitchen hasn't really been done well just yet. As you can see the floor guy completed most of the house today did about 70% and going to finish his part tomorrow. Hasn't been sanded or vanished yet. So still a work in progress

It's fun to see some bright colours! They are lovely colours, look forward to seeing it tie in.
I read commodore reviews too, they are awful. Are you happy with the quality of the build?
I'm not sure if my plaster is good. You just bump the wall and it all comes off. Holes and gouge type marks all over the walls. Sanding and patching took ages and we still missed half of them. Is it normal for new walls to be like that?
My gift basket was crap, I would have love a cheese board actually! We got pasta and jam and stuff. There was a bottle of wine and glasses but being a non drinker I have no idea if its good stuff or not. It'll never be touched anyway!
We are still painting after having moved in 2 weeks ago. We jus have cutting in and touch ups left.
The purple looks pretty cool with the dark (black?) kitchen and the floor colour. Bold, but I think it will pay off! Go wifey!
Turtleschell. I had to sand some of the walls in places to get it smoother, I don't think it was as bad as how you're describing your walls, but they're certainly not perfect, it's amazing you don't really notice all the rogue bits of plaster until you start painting. For the money we paid compared to a top builder the quality was ok. We're hoping to get the painting finished this week. Carpets have been booked in for installation on May 7th. So probably move in on the 11th of May. Give us all the time we need to get it all the bits and pieces sorted out.

Thanks Mandy67 I was not a fan but it's growing on me a bit more now that the wooden floor has been laid.
Love the wood floors. Which company did you end up choosing??
Bet your daughter is excited for her pink room

Turtleshell - my current house is commodore (same floorplan AC is based on). Quality is great, had no issues with the actual construction. Hoping for same this time around too
Think it comes down to the trades as well TBH
I remember seeing someone else here who had professionals paint and from memory of the pictures they did the first coat of paint then plastered the dents etc, sanded and painted over. Not sure who it was though...
Perth Flooring based in Mount Lawley been around for over 20 years and they guy laying my floor has been with that same company for 21 years, seems like a good guy works by himself and just powers through it. I have been quite impressed so far.
Another enduring day ahead, hoping to finish the painting today. Need to the hallway entrance, theatre room, and another coat in the kitchen. As well as general final touch-ups around the house.
Don't forget lots of photos! The painting is nearly over! Does that mean you'll be moving in next week?
I've done my part of the painting, all rooms completed except for theatre room because has lots of wood in it still from the flooring, wife is going to do all the touch ups, the flooring guys will be back during the week to do the sanding and there bits, so we will keep out of their way during the week. We will put wallpaper on Sunday, (will take lots of pics then, floors will be finished also). Then on Tuesday the 7th, carpets get installed. So we plan on moving in by the 11th.
Where are you doing wallpaper? Any images of the wall paper?

Not too much longer. I'm hoping for a slab in May. Fingers crossed
each room will have a feature wall that will be wallpaper. I didn't take any photos of the wallpaper.

Also got this for the theatre room, it was ultra comfy, electric recliners, with iphone charger/dock.

AC27
each room will have a feature wall that will be wallpaper. I didn't take any photos of the wallpaper.

Also got this for the theatre room, it was ultra comfy, electric recliners, with iphone charger/dock.

Looks GREAT!
Related
7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

13/09/2023
Slab edge Dampness

General Discussion

Quarter of it

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum