Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 370 of 433
Dont they also have Brown Japan?

blackcat20

I think it only comes in Black Japan and not Brown.

Renman
blackcat20

According to my selections we have Brown Japan for our stairs.

I’m after the palest/natural one. This is as close to a photo I took of it.

blackcat20
Renman
blackcat20

According to my selections we have Brown Japan for our stairs.

Pretty sure Brown Japan is Walnut?

nomnomnom
tungfai
nomnomnom
Hey all,

Quick question, does the roof trusses have to be up before they issue the frame invoice?

Cheers Nom

This is possible. This just happened to us last week. We received the invoice of House and roof frame last Tuesday and the roof frame was not even started at that time. Called our SS , he advised this is normal because the stage is for sequential completion. By the time you pay, everything should have been completed.

TF

Thanks Tungfai. Yes so apparently the roof trusses are not on but they will be, according to my SM. Looks like it's a company policy to invoice in this way which I feel is a little premature.

In my view the liability to pay that stage is only triggered when the Frame is wholly complete. To do so otherwise is well, cheeky to be honest.
We received our frame payment the day they started the roof trusses, and I did a drive-by that night and the fascia and gutters were on, and the Colorbond was about 1/3 done.

We have had no cause to not pay an invoice at this stage

bubbaganoosh
I have just popped in to show our Alto MR build as I have not seen photos of this design. We love it!

Hi

We have signed up to build an Alto 3 months ago, still waiting on Metricon to give us final cost and contract etc.

How was your experience building the Alto.

Would you be able to provide more pictures ?
Carpet question for everyone.

Did anyone consider steaming their carpet once it was laid before moving in?

Thoughts and experience?

Renman

Thoughts and experience?

Was told not to steam the new carpet for at least one year from the builder. Not sure if your carpet layer would agree
Yeah we got told to not steam ours too. Can’t remember the reasoning but we are a long time till we can lay ours. Not to much help for you

Renman

Thoughts and experience?

I've got a mate who's a carpet layer who says about a year as well... Something to do with letting the carpets wear in - didn't make much sense when he was telling me about it

SANDYFAN
Renman

Thoughts and experience?

Was told not to steam the new carpet for at least one year from the builder. Not sure if your carpet layer would agree
Ok thanks for the feedback.

Will call around and find out tomorrow.

Sounds like we will wait for a year then.

Hmm. Does that include light surface cleaning of the carpet? I thought of going over mine with my crosswave...

hi everyone! i need some advice. we have just signed our contract with metricon but i have not received the variations yet.
after seeing a few builds which do their flooring post handover, i am having second thoughts now. what are the pros of including flooring as part of the contract.. apart from convenience of course. i saw the price of the wood-look tile we chose at beaumont and i feel like we've been ripped off by metricon!

should i do the flooring post handover? can i still make changes to the contract at this point?

HELP!!!

thank you!
Lot4503
hi everyone! i need some advice. we have just signed our contract with metricon but i have not received the variations yet.
after seeing a few builds which do their flooring post handover, i am having second thoughts now. what are the pros of including flooring as part of the contract.. apart from convenience of course. i saw the price of the wood-look tile we chose at beaumont and i feel like we've been ripped off by metricon!

should i do the flooring post handover? can i still make changes to the contract at this point?

HELP!!!

thank you!

Seems strange that you haven’t seen your variations yet if you’ve already signed your contract.

With flooring it is definitely more expensive through Metricon but you have to weigh up cost versus convenience. We are getting all of the tiles down through Metricon even though it will cost more. But we are doing carpet after handover – I work for a flooring company so I can get it at cost. That now means we will have to organise installation before we can move in.

If you have the time and can wait a few days to move in then it’s definitely worth looking at getting flooring installed afterwards.
Lot4503

i saw the price of the wood-look tile we chose at beaumont and i feel like we've been ripped off by metricon!

So I assume you know what they are charging you for the variations, they just haven’t been noted in the contract???

Metricon (and most (all) of the volume builders) will charge excessively for anything above their standard home, it’s how they make their money, no secret there. Whether they rip people off is open to interpretation, end of day they aren’t holding a gun to your head.
Lot4503

HELP!!!

thank you!
If u do not so flooring with them if the hose moves they will not xover it under thier insurance. I did a lot of homework and its not worth the trouble to do it post handover

CJDJ09
Lot4503

HELP!!!

thank you!
If u do not so flooring with them if the hose moves they will not xover it under thier insurance. I did a lot of homework and its not worth the trouble to do it post handover

Maybe their policy has changed on this and the won't cover it.... But on my first home with metricon, they covered it and I did my own flooring. I will have to ask my CSC.
Lot4503

HELP!!!

thank you!

We are doing our flooring after handover, how ever all of our downstairs flooring including tiles and timber are going to be done during the build.
Our SS is a legend and allowing this as we want our timber floor rooms to be done before skirting goes down so we don’t have quad. Also we want our tiles in main area to flow into laundry and powder. If not you will pick a different tile in these rooms in your tiling appointment. So as you base your tiling from entry and then feed into different rooms, it’s the best way for everything to flow without having cuts/trims in those 2 wet areas if done after.
Upstairs is carpet and getting done after handover. No dramas for us
Doesn’t hurt to ask and hope you get a great SS.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum