Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 361 of 862
neilrosh
jnkbids
Updated the blog after a long period of lack of posts ... couldn't get into the house.. they have completed the painting and started on the tiles..

Thanks for sharing your blog... The Waldorf is a lovely home and yours is coming up a treat....don't envy you doing the cleaning though LOL!!

I am thinking of buying a large number of "robotic vacuums" that I see advertised on TV and let them loose
I think about 6 of them should do the trick

Anyway.. the tiling has almost been completed and I managed to get some pictures as to the progress of the tiles and updated the blog
it is coming along wonderfully jnkbids. Is the shadowline the panel under the cabinets? You would definitely need white for an all white kitchen, wouldn't you! Do you think you would be given black if you didn't specify white?
Superdaddy
After a slow down last week, activites have picked up again this week. Highlight is the staircase installation. Woo hoo!!! We absolutely loved the design especially the customised large landing step. More info provided in the blog. A big thanks to PD to allow the customisation, we were told it will be a unique design

Anyone interested can visit my blog below

http://micwaldorf44.blogspot.com.au/

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing it all come together. Love the landing step! Great idea!
jnkbids
neilrosh
jnkbids
Updated the blog after a long period of lack of posts ... couldn't get into the house.. they have completed the painting and started on the tiles..

Thanks for sharing your blog... The Waldorf is a lovely home and yours is coming up a treat....don't envy you doing the cleaning though LOL!!

I am thinking of buying a large number of "robotic vacuums" that I see advertised on TV and let them loose
I think about 6 of them should do the trick

Anyway.. the tiling has almost been completed and I managed to get some pictures as to the progress of the tiles and updated the blog

Looks gorgeous! Your colours look great! Love the tiles in the niche!

ROFL about the 6 vacuums!
You'll also need 6 of the ones that mop too
New Porter Davis Concept Display Centre now open in Truganina

We’ve received such great feedback about Williams Landing from our customers, suppliers, trades and developer partners so we’re proud to continue to lead the way in changing the face of traditional display centres.

Allura is sure to continue on from Williams Landing’s success with a Welcome Centre of its own sitting in between our two new stunning display homes. Allura will continue to prove that we are focused on providing inspiration, from mood boards and style insights along with a freshly made barista coffee. And just like Williams Landing, customers can browse through our 64 World of Styles and piece together your own inspiration on the dream card wall. For those of you who are still to have your colours appointment, this Truganina Concept Display Centre could really be beneficial in your decision making process.

Allura offers an abundance of ideas and awesome inspiration packed in to two of our most popular homes – the London and Livingstone from our Access range. The London 22 is displayed with an all new design option, showcasing a grand rumpus and alfresco option topped off with the Whitsundays World of Style from our Resort category. The Livingstone 20 is displayed for the very first time with a fourth bedroom and grand alfresco option featuring the Boston World of Style interior from our Designer range.

Allura is open everyday from 11am – 5pm and is located on Everholme Drive, Truganina, just off Leakes Road. (Melways 203 F3)
meihime
Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader.
We recently (last two months~) went through the whole contract process with PD. The sales process was great and went very smoothly.
Loved our sales rep, very willing to help out and very quick to provide answers to queries.

The tender/contract period however has been quite slow. PD were quite quick to get us in to sign the contract (which was very wrong by the way), most of the
variations were written up on the day however some issues were discovered the day after we signed which are still not written up yet (this was amonth or so ago~).

We've also found to receive any kind of progress/update on how things are going on the admin/PD side, we continually have to contact our BC and request an update.
We can go for 2 weeks without receiving any update! Just not feeling the love! heh.

How have other peoples post-contract/administration time/BC interaction been? Hopefully better than ours!

Hi meihime,
Welcome to the forum. Am concerned to read that you feel you are not getting the level of service you require from PD as you really need to have confidence in the people who will be working directly with you throughout your build. If you would like me to look into this for you, please PM me, via this forum, with your build and contact details and I will have this followed up on your behalf.
Cheers, Helen
neilrosh
Hi Momtomonkeys

We are building in the Western Suburbs - what about you? Unfortunately I haven't quite got into blogging yet, but I have been enjoying everyone else's blog.

We're building in the north, in mernda.
Yes, a blog, feels like we have enough to do hey lol would be great to track everything and have something to look back on. One day
meowsy
it is coming along wonderfully jnkbids. Is the shadowline the panel under the cabinets? You would definitely need white for an all white kitchen, wouldn't you! Do you think you would be given black if you didn't specify white?

the shadowline is the panel immediately below the stone benchtop (about 20mm thick) if the cabinet has it (not all do) If you don't specify, PD automatically makes it black to give the appearance of a floating bench
Is anyone aware of whats happening with the 24x7 portal? I'm still able to login/add comments and messages etc? I thought it was supposed to be shut down on the 24th =O
Hi meihime I believe they shut it down not long after this was posted. I dont think they should have til they had the replacement ready just so there was no down time.

Team PD

26 Apr 2013 24/7 Portal
Hi All,Just wanted to give you all an up-date regarding the Porter Davis 24/7 portal. We have noticed that there has been some talk on this forum about this portal and given your comments we have decided to disable it. At the moment we are in the process of developing a new website and given your feedback on Home 1 and the fact that the current 24/7 portal would not be technically compatible with the new site, we felt the best option was to disable it as it was obviously becoming a cause of frustration for many of our clients. All PD clients should have received a letter about this by now but should you have any questions, we recommend you contact your BC.
Hi seashoremontague21,

I did see that post, mine however is still available and working fine.I did receive a document posted under the letter section that says the portal will be shut down and the new website launched on the 24th of April:

"On the 24th April, Porter Davis is launching a new website. We're taking the leap from now outdated flash technology to an HTML website that will be accessible via tablet and smart phone." etc etc.

Did everyone else receive this/has anyone asked their BC?
Went on my first visit to houpton today, and I'm so, so disappointed

I expected a bigger show room, much bigger. To not even have a bath in there!?! a oven!! *insert endless list here*. I expected so much more choice! I'm really struggling to put in to words how disappointed I am!
I really should have gone to visit before handing over deposit.
I'd read there was more choice for access and prestige, but had no idea exactly how little options are avail across the board, especially lifestyle clients. And still, like many here, doesn't matter how many times it gets explained to me, I see no reason all options can't be offered across all ranges!
So deflated
[quote="Mumtomonkeys"]Went on my first visit to houpton today, and I'm so, so disappointed

I expected a bigger show room, much bigger. To not even have a bath in there!?! a oven!! *insert endless list here*. I expected so much more choice! I'm really struggling to put in to words how disappointed I am!
I'd read there was more choice for access and prestige, but had no idea exactly how little options are avail across the board, especially lifestyle clients. And still, like many here, doesn't matter how many times it gets explained to me, I see no reason all options can't be offered across all ranges!
So deflated
/quote]
Horrible, I know, but I chuckled a little at this. I had roughly the same feeling... Deflated would be an understatement.

Wait until you do your colour and electrical appointment. Those were very disappointing for me. Make sure you don't get cut short, and remember that they have books of options which aren't on display.

HD
I'm still so annoyed! How ridiculous! Why can it be put in a lifestyle display but not my house!?!
Oh, and we can't tell you the prices on anything, as we don't know! LOOK IT UP!
I've omitted many swear words lol
I just had such a different expectation. Such incredible displays, I expected the same attention to detail at houpton.
I'm a second home buyer, which I assume makes up a bulk of PD clients, wouldn't it make sense to fully deck out the selection centre, enabling everyone to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. Makes NO sense to me
[quote="Mumtomonkeys"]Went on my first visit to houpton today, and I'm so, so disappointed

So deflated
/quote]

I too felt the same and couldn't believe that everything is not on display. What I kept thinking though was that there are some amazing displays out there with some lovely finishes, so I just went and visited about 35-40 of them to help me work out what we wanted. Some of the estates have about 9 displays in the one location. You can then ask Hopetoun before your actual appointment what exactly was used. Once I had my appointment booked, I just emailed my consultant at Hopetoun with lots of questions - they were pretty quick to respond. Also check out as many blogs as you can for other peoples colours - especially the ones that have just finished their builds.
Note though, that for most of the houses there aren't options for somethings (baths - unless a spa), 2 options for toilet (none on display at Hopetoun for Lifestyle!). It is interesting that when you go to your appointment they can tell you the prices or roughly some of the prices!!!!!
I did have a discussion with a PD Manager and was told that in the future they are moving the showroom and therefore it will all be new. I commented that I hoped it had much more detail and all the available options as it was disappointing how it is currently set up.
Good luck!
Thanks mumma dj
Yeah, know exactly what you're saying, and I've done plenty of visiting displays, blog reading etc. I just feel they should streamline their processes, have more options and make the journey smoother for clients. Surely that's a better way to get us to upgrade.

Grrrrr, exhausting lol
Mumtomonkeys
Thanks mumma dj
Yeah, know exactly what you're saying, and I've done plenty of visiting displays, blog reading etc. I just feel they should streamline their processes, have more options and make the journey smoother for clients. Surely that's a better way to get us to upgrade.

Grrrrr, exhausting lol

Yep - my husband and I have had many a discussion about this. Layout what is on offer and the prices of things and people would probably upgrade more things and PD would be better off! The way it works now, it is so mysterious that everyone gets scared to contemplate an upgrade for fear of mega$$$$$.
We now have a SLAB - yippee, one day earlier than planned!
does anyone know the Building standards re: Connecting the waste drain from a sink to the actual drain-pipe? Is there a limit as to how far away the drain-pipe can be? Somehow my sink is about 2 cabinets away from the drain-pipe which means the plumber is going to hack through THREE sections just to get to the pipe
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum