Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 361 of 364
Hi all,

I'm a newbie here.
First of all, I would like to say this forum is very helpful.

I'm planning to build with Carlisle in South East area, knockdown and build (KDBR)
I visited couple display homes of Carlisle and spoke to their sale consultant and one of consultant told me the site cost will be around 60k while other told me around 50k !! My question is how do we know daftly how much of the site cost so we can negotiate?

I haven't decided on which home design of Carlisle (between Sheraton 48 and Granada 41) that we should build yet so I didn't register my details with any consultant.
My question is should we work with the consultant at the Display Home that we like and will build that home design? Or should we work with the consultant at Keysborough which is close to our current house so we can save the travel time? Or which consultant at which site do you recommend?

Thanks!
Hi, We are building with Carlisle homes and constructions nearly finished, we have a corner land and just found out that our hot water system will be placed near the electric switch board and can't be covered by future fence , does any one ever come across that their hot water system can b visible from street and easy access by any outsider???? We have pointed out this to CLE but her excuse is as we signed the contract and construction nearly finished they can't do anything.
To those whose build has started - how are you finding the speed of construction? Ours is going at a snails pace and will be well over the contract end date.
skycloud
To those whose build has started - how are you finding the speed of construction? Ours is going at a snails pace and will be well over the contract end date.

Hi there if you wouldn't mind me asking which area of Melbourne you are building and what house design? We have our contract appointment next week and all we are hearing is how slow it is at the moment🤦‍♀️

kelisfraser
skycloud

Hi there if you wouldn't mind me asking which area of Melbourne you are building and what house design? We have our contract appointment next week and all we are hearing is how slow it is at the moment🤦‍♀️

We are in South East suburbs. We will be covered by delay damages which will help with the rent situation but the delay completely messed up our plans. When is your expected site start?
skycloud
kelisfraser
skycloud

We are in South East suburbs. We will be covered by delay damages which will help with the rent situation but the delay completely messed up our plans. When is your expected site start?

We are building in SE (Circa Clyde north) as well. Contract is next week CLE told us site start 6 weeks. Fingers crossed. For both of us🤞

I would advise you to check the building period and the damages for late completion to be on the safe side. Also review the alternate solutions.
Started our process with Carlisle. Its 10/10 at the moment. Appointments booked on the dates she promised us. No massive price surprises. They gave us a detailed list of prices for each type of upgrade, all individual breakdowns. Staff at Spectra are really helpful. Massive difference in process compared to Porter Davis. I'm glad we switched
. The Client Liaison officer allocated to us, replies to our E-mails with in minutes. Sales consultant Nathan (Based in Keysbrough) is simply amazing ! So far its an amazing experience. Far far far ahead compared to Porter Davis. Makes sense why they keep winning the customer satisfaction award every year !
makido
I'm planning to build with Carlisle in South East area, knockdown and build (KDBR)
I visited couple display homes of Carlisle and spoke to their sale consultant and one of consultant told me the site cost will be around 60k while other told me around 50k !! My question is how do we know daftly how much of the site cost so we can negotiate?

I suspect a lot of the project builders like CH are padding their margins in these so called on-site costs so they can advertise a lower sticker price on their houses. The CH breakdown is complete BS, things like traffic management and just an extra general surcharge on KDR. If you start to take a knife to this, they might squeal, it just depends who blinks.

Btw you do need a soil report and survey to have an rough idea. I am lucky enough to have M grade soil and less than 300mm fall across entire site, however being a KDR as well, it's almost always P grade.

My onsite costs were $17K and that's includes double glazing on all windows in a 46 square house (bad orientation). So the $50K figure is bunk unless they are building on swamp land with a 3M fall.
kirashogun
makido

I suspect a lot of the project builders like CH are padding their margins in these so called on-site costs so they can advertise a lower sticker price on their houses. The CH breakdown is complete BS, things like traffic management and just an extra general surcharge on KDR. If you start to take a knife to this, they might squeal, it just depends who blinks.

Btw you do need a soil report and survey to have an rough idea. I am lucky enough to have M grade soil and less than 300mm fall across entire site, however being a KDR as well, it's almost always P grade.

My onsite costs were $17K and that's includes double glazing on all windows in a 46 square house (bad orientation). So the $50K figure is bunk unless they are building on swamp land with a 3M fall.

Good to know, thanks kirashogun for your information! Enjoy your build journey!
Hi All, for a double story with standard ducted heating (i.e. no upgrade) do you get two network controls (one on each floor) or just one?
How's everyone's build going? We are in the 9th month of our build (one month over contract end date) with the handover at least a month away. I am going to Issue Resolution again tomorrow. Would be interested to know if everyone's build is running to schedule or mine is a one off. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
Hi skycloud

We are in the earily stages of building (a week into Frame). I think there is something going on as it took a month between our slap finishing and frame starting. It's not only our bulding i can see another Carlisle house in our estate and there seems to be very little movment compared to other bulding around them.

I can see houses that started weeks after our house already have roof titles done.

Could be a worker shortage, not sure.
skycloud
Hi All, for a double story with standard ducted heating (i.e. no upgrade) do you get two network controls (one on each floor) or just one?
Hi skycloud,
We upgraded our ducted unit to 5 or 6 star, can't remember and had zoning as well. Spent like nearly 4k for the zones and heating unit and found out it was 1 controller which is a joke! . When the heating guys came out to commission the gas we asked them to install one for us. About $150 definitely cheaper to get another added afterwards.

anotherUser
Hi skycloud

We are in the earily stages of building (a week into Frame). I think there is something going on as it took a month between our slap finishing and frame starting. It's not only our bulding i can see another Carlisle house in our estate and there seems to be very little movment compared to other bulding around them.

I can see houses that started weeks after our house already have roof titles done.

Could be a worker shortage, not sure.

Thanks for sharing. Yes, looks like they have severe shortage of trades. Otherwise does not make sense for them to pay us delay damages and still delay completion.
Thanks Pearz. I remember the colours person telling us there will be 2 controllers for double storey houses. Clearly that's not the case. Also she had told 2 zones by default in standard heating option - one whole house, 2nd downstairs only - have to wait and see whether that's the case. Should have got that in writing. Thanks for your tip on getting the additional controller through the heating installation folks.
Hi everyone. Can anyone recommend an experienced Sales consultant from Carlisle homes? I'd prefer someone that is located in the east.
skycloud
Thanks Pearz. I remember the colours person telling us there will be 2 controllers for double storey houses. Clearly that's not the case. Also she had told 2 zones by default in standard heating option - one whole house, 2nd downstairs only - have to wait and see whether that's the case. Should have got that in writing. Thanks for your tip on getting the additional controller through the heating installation folks.

Hi skycloud

Here is our Heating and Cooling from our Tender... We got it part of a sales promo. which had a cost of $4k:
Hope this helps.

Provide 14.7 kW (Nominal cooling capacity), Single phase Brivis add on refrigerated air conditioning to 14 points as per promotion, including:
Larger ducts and duct insulation to suit refrigerated cooling.
Upgrade of the heating unit from the Brivis Compact Classic to 5 Star unit;

2 zone motors and;
2 Networker controllers (thermostat) in lieu of 1 programmable controller, to provide a 2 zone, ZonePlus system.
Refrigerated air conditioning to be controlled via ducted heating units Network controller thermostats located as shown on final drawings.

Provide single phase 32 AMP isolator to Living external wall for installation of external condenser unit on concrete pad.
Provide wall mounted duct to conceal refrigeration pipes, control cable and condensation drain fixed to the external wall.

Zone 1 = First Floor
Zone 2
= Ground Floor
Note: minimum of 2 points per zone due to minimum air flow required to operate refrigerated cooling unit.

To ensure effective operation, one zone at a time should be operated with refrigerated cooling, both zones may be operated with heating.
Thanks anotherUser. We do not have mention of additional network controller in our tender - should have noticed then
Special_K
Hi everyone. Can anyone recommend an experienced Sales consultant from Carlisle homes? I'd prefer someone that is located in the east.

We went through Mario who works from head office but can travel to a display home for walkthrough. We found him very good - he is very experienced as well.
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum