Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Willowdale

Page 37 of 165
I think we may be going down. Is it midday??

apsterenator
Hi guys, Quick question for those who have started to build or about to start- did u have to get the grass, debris etc cleared yourself before the build could start or did you go through stock land?

My builder removed the grass/debris; Stockland stipulated that the owner is responsible
we mowed the grass to make it easier for builder/stick to stocklands rules of keeping the block tidy (before build/land levelling for slab commenced). As far as I understand, if you have settled on your block, you are now responsible (instead of the developer).
PixiGT
apsterenator
Hi guys, Quick question for those who have started to build or about to start- did u have to get the grass, debris etc cleared yourself before the build could start or did you go through stock land?

My builder removed the grass/debris; Stockland stipulated that the owner is responsible
we mowed the grass to make it easier for builder/stick to stocklands rules of keeping the block tidy (before build/land levelling for slab commenced). As far as I understand, if you have settled on your block, you are now responsible (instead of the developer).

Thanks. How is your build progressing?
apsterenator
PixiGT
apsterenator

Thanks. How is your build progressing?

Roof tiles near completion, sarking done, elec/plumbing rough-in's done, internal linings commence & roof completion this week. Bricks next week, I think
I'm really happy with the progress & it looks really good so far.
Hows your progress coming along aps?
Hi PixiGT,

That's awesome progress.

We have just gone into construction phase - due to be slabbed in the next two weeks!!
apsterenator
Hi PixiGT,

That's awesome progress.

We have just gone into construction phase - due to be slabbed in the next two weeks!!

That's awesome! After the relatively long wait to get to construction, the build seems to really move quickly, imho
hope it all goes really well
Congrats guys. Once the ball gets rolling it moves so quickly.
We are going to be in by Xmas.

JnSWILLOWDALE
Congrats guys. Once the ball gets rolling it moves so quickly.
We are going to be in by Xmas.

That's amazing news! So happy for you guys - hope you have a wonderful Christmas in your new home!
And a merry Christmas to everyone in the Willowdale family
Thanks!! Have to go buy a nice tree now. Will have no fence , no driveway or grass lol but I'll be in there so we are happy with that!

JnSWILLOWDALE
Thanks!! Have to go buy a nice tree now. Will have no fence , no driveway or grass lol but I'll be in there so we are happy with that!

Those things will come - much better to be there when they do
New / old Willowdale sign is back today with a 'Stockland' sign!
WillowdaleR

can you post a picture please??
Notre-Dame
WillowdaleR

Hey everyone I went to Willowdale today and took a photo of the sign. Not sure how to post it up on here though.
I think it looks great, but being white I hope it doesn't get too dirty!
Nimsy
Notre-Dame
WillowdaleR

Hey everyone I went to Willowdale today and took a photo of the sign. Not sure how to post it up on here though.
I think it looks great, but being white I hope it doesn't get too dirty!

Thanks igu, I gave up trying to upload a photo!
Hi All,

New to the forum and first post I have pretty much read through this whole topic, my wife and I are FHB and recently purchased H&L package with Fairmont (2223)
Its really great to see the area starting to take shape, we can't wait to get the ball rolling really excited

Hope everyone's build's are going to plan or without too many dramas!

I love taking photo's of progress and everything so here is one of the sign

Just bought a house and land package with EBH, will be settled late 2015.

I will take a picture when the construction started.
Hi Guys, I got a call from one of the energy companies asking for details as the builder has asked them to contact me. Did you guys also experience the same thing?
apsterenator
Hi Guys, I got a call from one of the energy companies asking for details as the builder has asked them to contact me. Did you guys also experience the same thing?

Hey aps,
Yep - the builder passes on your relevant details to the energy installer (physical installation from the grid to your block/house wall) & the energy provider (billing agency who monitors usage) so you can chat with them when the time is right, for the purposes of connecting (physically & billing wise) your house to the supply network. Because the bill needs to go into your name, you have to be the one to authorise...At least, this was my experience - hope that helps
Hi Guys,

We are building in Willowdale too but our land wont get register until early next year. We went to Willowdale for a drive last weekend and we were surprised to see many houses are already near completion. Even display homes is available now for viewing.
Related
3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum