Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Leanne's Baldivis Build - Deck Area Update

Page 37 of 147
so when's slab going down?
CA tells me CCA will call next week so hopefully ill get more info from her but sitework SS has my file so im hoping we will be scraped this week and slab week after
Lol I still giggle at 'got a tap' in your timeline, so cute
Can't wait for all your installments as you actually start to build. As I am waiting for titles in Jane Brook and ready to sign with Commodore in a few weeks after reading Leanne R's thread I guess I had better not book Christmas 2014 at my new home. Better pencil it in for 2015.
Most builders we looked at were at a six month paperwork time frame at the moment and snowed under. Guess they have been caught short as people start to build again in Western Australia.
When you expecting titles? Prob count 1yr from when soil test is done to when your house may be finished
I hope they surprise you and lay a slab this week, you deserve it!
Oh wouldn't that be a lovely surprise. I think next week earliest though but time will tell. DH is hoping something has happened by time he is home next
my CCA called today, said the SS will have date for earthworks and slab early next week. So I don't think ill be getting a slab next week. More waiting.... used to it by now. Least its in the right department now haha
See the whole stage about scheduling, is to schedule dates for construction to start lol. what have they actually scheduled if they don't have earthworks or slab date lol.
Yeah who bloody knows!! DH is feeling bit wary like oh no here comes the waiting again. We really thought we'd have slab next week
I think your husband might be right on this one.
Yeah I reckon earthworks next week and slab following week. Once we have slab I'm sure it will be fine
files goes to another SS after slab down and site is cleared
AC27
See the whole stage about scheduling, is to schedule dates for construction to start lol. what have they actually scheduled if they don't have earthworks or slab date lol.

AC27 - Yes, exactly what I thought when I asked CCA for slab date.
She mentioned on phone they don't like give dates cause with weather, trades caught up on previous jobs etc. guess they don't want bunch angry people when it doesn't happen haha

Jaydee from memory she told you she couldn't give you dates then you went block and it was scraped haha. Bit odd surely SS knew it was happening that day haha
Haha yes Leanne, exactly what happened.. Received an email from her in the morning and came home from work to see land had been scraped
POUR MY GOD DAMN SLAB! Sorry im cranky mood so feeling frustrated hahaha
Haha

Yes....POUR HER GOD DAMN SLAB!!!
AAAaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!
We all understand your frustration!
Pour the slab!
Any time now Leanne. Ours took us by surprise
Related
22/12/2023
Low Deck Build - Tuff Blocks on pavers

Outdoor Living

Those span tables can be pushed a little for a low deck if you dont mind a little flex. Last deck I did, I pushed it a little and it was still rock solid - no noticeable…

6/07/2023
Holman deck lights

Lighting + Lighting Design

So I'm just reading up on this ecosystem of lights. I'm planning on putting deck lights along the outside edge of a large deck. Will need about 3 packs (18 lights) plus…

24/07/2023
EPDM Deck liners or trex rain escape

General Discussion

Hi, does anyone have any experience with using Trex rain escape or EPDM rubber to waterproof a deck so you have dry space underneath. Popular in the US and realize that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum