Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

NBG Manhattan - pics p46

Page 37 of 46
Fascia and gutters
Great news Row, finally glad to see some progress for you & the family! The house looks great & I can imagine your excitement as you walked through every room for the first time!!! COngrats !!!!
CiNnY
Looking great Rowena! I walk past pretty much every day was shocked when i saw work ge tting done after waiting so long, its full steam ahead now though and looking fabulous!
Thanks Cinny. It's game on now. Can't imagine that we will be at lock in a few weeks.

Janelle
Rowena I haven't been on H1 in a while, great to see you finally have plently of action.
Welcome back Janelle. Thanks. Plenty of action now

Aaron & Erin
Fascia and gutters
It's mad!!! Hope you are enjoying landscaping your new front yard. It looks great.

jodie76
Great news Row, finally glad to see some progress for you & the family! The house looks great & I can imagine your excitement as you walked through every room for the first time!!! COngrats !!!!
That's the best thing about H1, is that everyone knows how you feel. It's really special trying to plan where everything will go and how it'll look. Thanks Jodie. Hope you are enjoying your lovely new home.

I drove past the place last night at about 6pm and the gutters were on. The roof bits and pieces were packed up on the ground. Today we went out and the whole roof was on!!! A family member had texted me at 11.30am to say how nice the roof was. So, they must have put the whole roof in from first light this morning as they were gone by 11.30am!!! How quick is that!!!

I definitely had a colorbond moment looking up at our beautiful roof! No pics yet, as I'm on the old computer as the other one is at the doctors. Plus...more good news.....bricks arrived this week and the brickies are due to start on Tuesday. The windows are also being delivered this week. I believe there are about 3 brickies on the job, so by next weekend we should see lots of brick walls...if the weather holds up. WoooHooo!
Wow Row that is great news! And after all that waiting they should be flying along too!!
I'm sure that you will be moving in before us!
Or at least around the same time!
Thanks Herbi and D. Builder still thinks that we will be in Jan. I will be out of town again all week. Next time I visit the brickies will be hard at it! I promise lots of pics next weekend.
There is a huge pile of windows in your garage!!!!
Woohoooooooooooooooo!
Congrats on the roof. Can't wait to see piccies.
carlswil

flagstaffIV
:: Woohoooooooooooooooo!
Thanks carlswil and flaggie. As promised, photos below

RhinoCharlie
Yeah
Can't wait to see them between the bricks! Not sure where the brickies are...maybe scared off by the weather

yummy roof! can't quite see the colour from this angle. will have to take a photo from the street when the sun is shining so you can see the aubergine tones.
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/Rowena50/IMG_2322.jpg

view from the garage looking down the hallway. if you are wondering what the pipe is doing in the hallway - it's the shower pipe about a metre too far over
they tell me it's easily fixed

Boral Kurrajong bricks

skewed view from the front of the house
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/Rowena50/IMG_2325.jpg
Nice roof.
Beautiful roof!!
It is a little hard to make out the colour with the sun shinning on it, you'll just have to deliver more photos
Rowena
carlswil

flagstaffIV
:: Woohoooooooooooooooo!
Thanks carlswil and flaggie. As promised, photos below

RhinoCharlie
Yeah
Can't wait to see them between the bricks! Not sure where the brickies are...maybe scared off by the weather

yummy roof! can't quite see the colour from this angle. will have to take a photo from the street when the sun is shining so you can see the aubergine tones.

view from the garage looking down the hallway. if you are wondering what the pipe is doing in the hallway - it's the shower pipe about a metre too far over
they tell me it's easily fixed

Boral Kurrajong bricks

skewed view from the front of the house

Awesome
Like the colour choice
Hopefully they can fix the pipe easy.....
YAY Roof!

I think your pipe placement beats ours!
They cut into the slab, add a join or two and voila! fixed!
You could just leave the shower there for a very interesting talking point!!! Bathrooms are so overrated!
Wow Rowena, the photos are great - it looks fantastic!! how exciting!! Looking forward to watching it "grow"
Thanks guys Dee, herbiecat, Jessie, Barb, Kaytee and Ruralife

The windows are now in! Having difficulties getting a brickie - I think I heard someone else on H1 talking about a brickie shortage in Melb at the moment.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/Rowena50/IMG_0487.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/Rowena50/IMG_0485.jpg
Oh wow, it's all coming together so nicely!! Looks great Rowena

It's funny how many houses end up with a pipe in the wrong spot!! Will keep my fingers crossed for you for a brickie to come along soon and get those bricks up
Thanks RL. Calling Mr Brickie.....

re: pipe. below is a pic. it's a large chunk of slab as it was to meant to accommodate an S bend pipe. it's actually filled alot with saw dust and is a bit deeper than the photo shows. it was meant to be in the room in the behind, where the shower will be!
I just hope that it's nice and smooth/level when they finish patching it up, as I don't want our floorboards to be uneven.

Your house is green tonight..... You've been wrapped!!!! So brickie must be close!!!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum