Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 358 of 828
Yes includes frameless glass fencing. How much did fibreglass pool end up costing you complete.

I will actually be questioning the charge on the concrete and paving.

msjovi
Wow, some great progress guys! Love seeing everyone's pics!

Well, the time has finally come for us to have handover tomorrow! It was touch and go for a while as we weren't sure the bank would complete their valuation and issue the cheque in time! But we got the funds cleared today thankfully so we're good to go!

I honestly cannot believe it! What a journey it's been. Exactly 2 years after paying our first deposit to the day! And it also happens to be our wedding anniversary tomorrow so it will be a pretty amazing present! Our current house is up for auction this Sat so it's all happening! I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

Building Ambassador 41 - Wisdom Homes

A huge congratulations Msjovi. What a ride!

Best of luck with your auction on Saturday. It was 2 years last week that we sold our house. It's a great time in Sydney to be selling!

Are you happy with your W build?
doosra
Yes includes frameless glass fencing. How much did fibreglass pool end up costing you complete.

I will actually be questioning the charge on the concrete and paving.

Ours isn't complete yet, its boarded up while our build takes place. It was $31k for the pool and filtration equipment and concrete bond beam. I think it'll be another $10k or so to finish it, doing all the work ourselves.

doosra
Thanks msjovi! I hope ours finishes before 2 years, id really like to get next summer in with the pool

With the pool, I decided to go with WH because they had a promo where if u spend ur 5.5k landscape voucher they will add another 5.5k. It came to about 63k for 6.6 x 4m pool with the 11k discount. I will be supplying pool pavers and coping and also if you notice the brown part near the back fence, that's timber decking, I'm going to do that myself so all up I think I'll have it complete for 70k.

WH landscape are the biggest rip off when it comes to timber decking and concreting. They were charging roughly $600 per sqm for merbau timber decking whereby the going rate outside is $200sqm. They're charging close to $500sqm to lay concrete and install pavers which I think is way overpriced but I want to get it poured with the same slam as the pool is.

I also went to blue haven for a quote and it was honestly going to be more expensive than wisdom homes after the 11k WH discount so I preferred to do the pool altogether

Hope that helps others !

I hope it all goes smoothly for you once you reach construction! Are they installing the pool first? That price seems pretty reasonable once you take the $11K discount into account. I think they've worked it all out perfectly so the voucher discount makes it quite enticing but it works out to be not that much cheaper than getting work done externally. We used our $5K landscape voucher for retaining walls but these ended up costing us the same as what we would've paid doing them after handover. But like you said, you pay for you incorporating the work with your build and by the look of it your pool is going to look magnificent!

We installed a Narellan pool (8x4m) with a 1m tiled sunpod, solar heating, glass media filter, robotic vacuum, pool cover and limestone coping for ~$40K. It doesn't include the fencing but my husband is a glazier so he'll be installing that. I'm actually more excited at the moment about seeing the pool finished! It's been boarded up for over a year so can't wait for it to be summer ready!!

msjovi

Well, the time has finally come for us to have handover tomorrow! It was touch and go for a while as we weren't sure the bank would complete their valuation and issue the cheque in time! But we got the funds cleared today thankfully so we're good to go!

I honestly cannot believe it! What a journey it's been. Exactly 2 years after paying our first deposit to the day! And it also happens to be our wedding anniversary tomorrow so it will be a pretty amazing present! Our current house is up for auction this Sat so it's all happening! I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

Congrats msjovi
Finally got there, I hope that the build was worth the wait (or at least compensates part thereof)

Good luck with handover.
msjovi

Yaaaaaay! Congrats!!!!! Enjoy your new home and good luck for the auction.

Can't wait to see some pics

Best of luck with the move!!!

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
msjovi
doosra
Thanks msjovi! I hope ours finishes before 2 years, id really like to get next summer in with the pool

With the pool, I decided to go with WH because they had a promo where if u spend ur 5.5k landscape voucher they will add another 5.5k. It came to about 63k for 6.6 x 4m pool with the 11k discount. I will be supplying pool pavers and coping and also if you notice the brown part near the back fence, that's timber decking, I'm going to do that myself so all up I think I'll have it complete for 70k.

WH landscape are the biggest rip off when it comes to timber decking and concreting. They were charging roughly $600 per sqm for merbau timber decking whereby the going rate outside is $200sqm. They're charging close to $500sqm to lay concrete and install pavers which I think is way overpriced but I want to get it poured with the same slam as the pool is.

I also went to blue haven for a quote and it was honestly going to be more expensive than wisdom homes after the 11k WH discount so I preferred to do the pool altogether

Hope that helps others !

I hope it all goes smoothly for you once you reach construction! Are they installing the pool first? That price seems pretty reasonable once you take the $11K discount into account. I think they've worked it all out perfectly so the voucher discount makes it quite enticing but it works out to be not that much cheaper than getting work done externally. We used our $5K landscape voucher for retaining walls but these ended up costing us the same as what we would've paid doing them after handover. But like you said, you pay for you incorporating the work with your build and by the look of it your pool is going to look magnificent!

We installed a Narellan pool (8x4m) with a 1m tiled sunpod, solar heating, glass media filter, robotic vacuum, pool cover and limestone coping for ~$40K. It doesn't include the fencing but my husband is a glazier so he'll be installing that. I'm actually more excited at the moment about seeing the pool finished! It's been boarded up for over a year so can't wait for it to be summer ready!!

Msjovi I can't wait to see your pool!
MandM+4
msjovi
doosra

Hope that helps others !

Msjovi I can't wait to see your pool!

Me either! Im honestly more excited about it than the house! Lol! I think it's because we've seen progress on the house and we have been coming by every week so it wasn't a big reveal like I feel the pool will be! Narellan will be back next week to unboard and then coping and sunpod tiling starts on the 13th!!

For us, yes we needed a bigger house, but the pool and bigger backyard will make the biggest difference to our lifestyle I think.
I think we will get solar pool heating too as I'm sure come October the kids will want to be in it!

Here are some some pics of our new home!! Downstairs for now, will post upstairs soon!

Powder room

Theatre - doors to be installed soon!

Awesome and Congratulations msjovi

All the best for the auction.
Msjovi it's a stunning house, congratulations! Haven't seen your front door stained

msjovi
Here are some some pics of our new home!! Downstairs for now, will post upstairs soon!

Powder room

Theatre - doors to be installed soon!

Absolutely beautiful home! You must be so happy to finally have your keys!!! Love all of your colour! It has all come together nicely!!!

Thanks everyone! Here are some pics of the upstairs. Took some panoramas!

Master bedroom and ensuite

Guest bedroom and ensuite

Main bathroom

msjovi

Main bathroom

Absolutely stunning congratulations!! Thanks for sharing.

msjovi sooooooo gorgeous

Looks great msjovi! For those who are still going through selections, id recommend asking wisdom to refund the mirrors in the bathrooms and buy shaving cabinets and install afterwards. Acqua bathrooms sell shaving cabinets for $185 (1200mm) and timpelle will charge u around 1.3k. With the credit on the mirrors, u may not even spend extra

msjovi

Main bathroom

Msjovi!!!! It's beautiful
congrats again - can't wait to see how you furnish it

Hope the tears, heartaches and tantrums were worth it in the end. Hehe

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
Thanks everyone! I have to say, after all the dramas and delays we had along the way we are really happy with the quality of the finishes. There are still a few minor outstanding items that need rectifying and more that we've picked up on since the last inspection, but nothing major.

I do have a couple of questions though for those that have had handover:

1. We have a few paint stains on our carpet - did anyone else have any and how did you remove them? We really don't want to go through the hassle of having carpet replaced! Our SS suggested trying turps on a rag??

2. These are our data points in our garage - is that all we get? I was expecting a network box or modem or something to connect an internet cable to. Do we have to sort that out on our own? Anyone know what the blank cover plate is for?

I was actually expecting that our SS would take us through how to operate everything like the alarm, A/C, etc but all we got was a bunch of manuals. Our video intercom wasn't even plugged in - we had to figure that out ourselves too.

msjovi
Thanks everyone! I have to say, after all the dramas and delays we had along the way we are really happy with the quality of the finishes. There are still a few minor outstanding items that need rectifying and more that we've picked up on since the last inspection, but nothing major.

I do have a couple of questions though for those that have had handover:

1. We have a few paint stains on our carpet - did anyone else have any and how did you remove them? We really don't want to go through the hassle of having carpet replaced! Our SS suggested trying turps on a rag??

2. These are our data points in our garage - is that all we get? I was expecting a network box or modem or something to connect an internet cable to. Do we have to sort that out on our own? Anyone know what the blank cover plate is for?

I was actually expecting that our SS would take us through how to operate everything like the alarm, A/C, etc but all we got was a bunch of manuals. Our video intercom wasn't even plugged in - we had to figure that out ourselves too.

You'll have to sign up with nbn and they should send it to u. That's a whole lot of data points! U must have put one in every room.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum