Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 357 of 862
MummaDJ
Very excited that we now have our start date - next Monday 22nd April! Yippee, the next step in our long journey...308 days build time. That is longer than a pregnancy!

YAY
Good luck with it all!
I met a future neighbour (4-5 houses down from us) yesterday; she was their to see the site scrape for their place, and the little guy and I had wandered down to check out the digging truck we had been hearing all morning. Turns out she is building the same house as us! That makes at least 7 in our little estate (including ours). I don't mind (perils of a volume builder!) but I do find it a bit weird to think that there's a bunch of us living in the "same" house all over the estate
. It seems to be a much more popular design than I thought based on my verrrrrry extensive research (ie, this thread
)
monkeypantz
I met a future neighbour (4-5 houses down from us) yesterday; she was their to see the site scrape for their place, and the little guy and I had wandered down to check out the digging truck we had been hearing all morning. Turns out she is building the same house as us! That makes at least 7 in our little estate (including ours). I don't mind (perils of a volume builder!) but I do find it a bit weird to think that there's a bunch of us living in the "same" house all over the estate
. It seems to be a much more popular design than I thought based on my verrrrrry extensive research (ie, this thread
)

How funny! I have thought about this a little. There is only a small portion of people on this thread really when you thing about how many houses are currently being built. What will be interesting is how different they look with your selection.
hi all
PD wont release the contract before we sign. I know terms and conditions are standard. but we are within our consumer rights to look at the contract before we sign!!!

I am amazed that we are expected to sign without really knowing how much risk we are bearing, considering we are paying over $200k.

Please can you shed light on this matter.

cheers
MumNick
hi all
PD wont release the contract before we sign. I know terms and conditions are standard. but we are within our consumer rights to look at the contract before we sign!!!

I am amazed that we are expected to sign without really knowing how much risk we are bearing, considering we are paying over $200k.

cheers

There should be a copy of the standard HIA contract in your 24/7 portal. All it would be missing is the personalisation of it all, is this what you are after?
MumNick
hi all

cheers

If I were doing this over again I'd turn up to the contract appointment, work through getting it as close to right as possible, then insist on taking it home for review if I had any concerns at all.

If the builder refused to allow you to take it home at that point I would walk away. They can't refuse you, not without opening up a ton of risk. My best understanding is you cannot be held to a condition you were refused the opportunity to consider. If you believe it necessary to review it from home then that's completely reasonable.

HD
I've been in my house now for about 16 months and have just discovered that my range vent is not connected to the outside as I paid for. Everything is up there, the vent is done etc, but the two are not connected. Any idea who I should contact at PD to dispute this?
Audreyand Oscar
I've been in my house now for about 16 months and have just discovered that my range vent is not connected to the outside as I paid for. Everything is up there, the vent is done etc, but the two are not connected. Any idea who I should contact at PD to dispute this?

You have to pay extra to have your range vent connected to the outside? Where is it connected to now?

I didn't ask for this to be done, so I might have to look into that.
Yes you do, can't remember how much but the standard is to just vent into the roof space! I'm not a very happy camper right now!
Audreyand Oscar
Yes you do, can't remember how much but the standard is to just vent into the roof space! I'm not a very happy camper right now!

I can't believe it's not standard to vent outside. Just another thing to add to the list I guess!
MummaDJ

Thanks Mikey
Yes, my DH wanted to be in by Xmas, but I just say, lets aim for Jan/Feb and if it is earlier, then fabo, otherwise he will just get stressed out!! I would rather a good build than a rushed one full of errors!

Bows to your logic ! If you make it, bonus, but dont push otherwise standards slip !
MummaDJ
Very excited that we now have our start date - next Monday 22nd April! Yippee, the next step in our long journey...308 days build time. That is longer than a pregnancy!

Yay for you!!! So exciting. We're still waiting on our land to settle. It can't be long now - they're putting in the footpaths now.
monkeypantz
)

ROFL! Well it is such a nice house! They've got the same good taste we have

We were told that the Drysdale is one of PD's most popular designs. Hopefully your new neighbours have chosen a different facade...
ftdt7882
Audreyand Oscar

I can't believe it's not standard to vent outside. Just another thing to add to the list I guess!

$ 322. Same for exhaust fans (powder room) to be ducted out side /atmosphere
but I think its standard for the kitchen rangehood.
Audreyand Oscar

Hi AudreyandOscar,
Could you please send me a private message via this forum with your contact and build details and I will have this followed up for you.
Cheers, Helen
MummaDJ

Yay that's great news.
:):) good luck!
Can someone please clarify this ventilation issue? Are you guys saying that it is not standard to have the rangehood fan and bathroom exhaust fans connected to the outside, but into the roof space?? Surely that can't be good??
Whoo hoo!
Will be watching your blog for the first pics!
Good luck
Correct. Standard just vents into the roof space, same for all builders. I changed my kitchen vent because of the smells, but bathroom, laundry etc are just standard vents into the roof
Meowsy, my understanding is that a double story is vented externally,because otherwise it would go inot the space between the floors but not a single story. For a single story you need to request and pay for the ventilation to the outside rather than the roof space. We paid for this to happen in our single story with PD 5 years ago.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum