Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 356 of 862
Thoroughly enjoyed my experience today visiting the new PD display homes in Williams Landing. The staff were very hospitable and the floor plans were well thought out and the decorating (as usual) was spectacular.
Hi Does anyone know the price for a 2340 mm x 1080 mm INF 5 VG Corinthian door.
I agree Neil, I was there for the most of the day on their grand opening (it was actually blind luck we ended up there, we had no idea it was their grand opening). We currently have put down a deposit with another but are now contemplating going with PD, they seem to be more knowledgeable and provide a better service, for example we didn't even know what walkthroughs were until Andrew gave us one. Andrew even drew up a floor plan and quote for the Waldrof 48 for us within the same day!

At this stage, with the same level of upgrades and floor area, the PD quote is about 40k more expensive than our other builder. While our other design has the advantage of having a bigger and better home threatre, kitchen and alfresco, the Waldorf has a better overall layout and we love the second floor terrace.

It's so hard to decide which company to build with, if PD's Spring Stimulus was still on then it would be a no brainer.
Jackula
It's so hard to decide which company to build with, if PD's Spring Stimulus was still on then it would be a no brainer.

Just on this point, I found that the base house prices were dearer when the spring stimulus was on. The house we are building was 210k (base price), less the $32k promotion = $178k. The base price for the same house today is $181k.

Unfortunately I only have the Lifestyle pricing from the Spring Stimulus. I did have the old price lists bookmarked on my phone but they've all been updated with the new price lists so I can't give you any info on the house you were looking at.
MumNick
Hi all,
can anyone please advice if we should show our conveyancer the contract BEFORE we sign on contract date? OR wait till after?

also has anyone built the Darnley 29?

cheers
Mumnick

Hi Mumnick

We are building Darnley 29 at Highland, singed the contract on 5th April now waiting for approvals and site start date which might be last week of April or early May.

I have going through my conveyancer, she was aware of all changes and gave us few good advises which benefits us.

Cheers
ftdt7882
Jackula

Just on this point, I found that the base house prices were dearer when the spring stimulus was on. The house we are building was 210k (base price), less the $32k promotion = $178k. The base price for the same house today is $181k.

That is very interesting! Looks like $450k will be as good as it gets then

One other question - after hearing all the horror stories, we've decided to bringing our building consultant. We currently have one in mind, he did the consulting when we renovated a few years ago, has 30+ years experience as master builder. He charges $600 per inspection, is this the going rate these days?
Jackula
That is very interesting! Looks like $450k will be as good as it gets then

I've been looking all morning for a Spring Stimulus price list online for you but I can't find one. I have my building folder in the car, I will check when I leave work what I have in there but I am pretty sure I tossed everything out that didn't relate to the Lifestyle range.
Jackula
ftdt7882
Jackula

One other question - after hearing all the horror stories, we've decided to bringing our building consultant. We currently have one in mind, he did the consulting when we renovated a few years ago, has 30+ years experience as master builder. He charges $600 per inspection, is this the going rate these days?

I got a quote from Building Expert (quite active on the forums as well) and it was $525 inc. GST for each stage. They are able to provide inspections for the following stages:
- Pre Contract Check
- Pre Pour Slab
- Frame
- Pre Plaster
- Pre Final Inspection
tinker

I was charged about $1,100 with translucent glass. No cashback for the unused pmad104...

Mike
Mikey_Harrison
tinker

I was charged about $1,100 with translucent glass. No cashback for the unused pmad104...

Mike

Hi mike thanks. Was it for the same size above? Or the standard size?
Serenity_Now
I got a quote from Building Expert (quite active on the forums as well) and it was $525 inc. GST for each stage. They are able to provide inspections for the following stages:
- Pre Contract Check
- Pre Pour Slab
- Frame
- Pre Plaster
- Pre Final Inspection

Hey if you don't mind, can you pass me his profile link?

Do you think having an experienced building consultant (who works for you) will guarantee decent build quality?
ftdt7882
Jackula

Unfortunately I only have the Lifestyle pricing from the Spring Stimulus. I did have the old price lists bookmarked on my phone but they've all been updated with the new price lists so I can't give you any info on the house you were looking at.

I've updated the Porter Davis upgrades and costs to include the spring stimulus base prices from late last year. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54817&p=1005310#p1005310
I've updated the Porter Davis upgrades and costs to include the spring stimulus base prices from late last year. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54817&p=1005310#p1005310[/quote]

Thanks for adding the Spring Stimulus prices. I've just had a look at the price we were quoted now compared it to then and it is almost identical in price once we deduct the $32K from the Spring Stimulus base price. Just goes to show that 'nothing is for nothing'.
exactly. It's all marketing baby!
tinker
Mikey_Harrison
tinker

Mike

Hi mike thanks. Was it for the same size above? Or the standard size?

Hi
That was 820mm x 2440mm.
Sorry, I didn't have my plans when I responded earlier. CD used to have prices online... shame these are not available now (or at least I cant find them...)
You door will be huge... Send me a PM if you go for it !

Thanks
Mike

Also just noticed the current house prices are almost identical with the so called spring stimulus reduction of $50,000 for lifestyle double storey!!!! Would like an explanation from Porter Davis on their so called spring stimulus reduction in house prices what a joke!! Did you had to drop the prices of your houses due to a drop in sales and the housing market prices, banks just wouldn't value the houses in at the price you where charging.
Very excited that we now have our start date - next Monday 22nd April! Yippee, the next step in our long journey...308 days build time. That is longer than a pregnancy!
MummaDJ
Very excited that we now have our start date - next Monday 22nd April! Yippee, the next step in our long journey...308 days build time. That is longer than a pregnancy!

Good luck MummDJ... We were about 300 also but came in at 275 days...
Just don't aim to be in my Xmas... Assume you wont and aim for Jan.
Everyone gets stressed about being in by Xmas, but you're disorganised, you may not have you your nice deliveries, and it's too chaotic. Who needs that ?
Enjoy
Mike
Mikey_Harrison
MummaDJ

Good luck MummDJ... We were about 300 also but came in at 275 days...
Just don't aim to be in my Xmas... Assume you wont and aim for Jan.
Everyone gets stressed about being in by Xmas, but you're disorganised, you may not have you your nice deliveries, and it's too chaotic. Who needs that ?
Enjoy
Mike

Thanks Mikey
Yes, my DH wanted to be in by Xmas, but I just say, lets aim for Jan/Feb and if it is earlier, then fabo, otherwise he will just get stressed out!! I would rather a good build than a rushed one full of errors!
Quick question for those who had to wait for their land to title... Was PD able to provide you with a house siting based on engineering plans? Our current house siting is based on the way the land is now.

We asked to view a house siting based on engineering plans purely because we wanted to see what our house would look like on the block we purchased (providing the developers do what they say they will do), but were told no and that it is not something PD do, we need to wait until our land titles and wait for the second soil and survey. I just wanted to see if anyone else had it done? I know other builders provide house sitings based on engineering plans.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum