Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 356 of 364
mib.ibn
HI,

Also, is anybody upgrading their heater to 5 star with zoning with bigger ducted points and future provision for Ice add on? Any sort of approx. cost will be highly appreciated. I am confused about heating & cooling system and for double storey what will be the recommended combination?
Many thanks.

Regards

Hi mib.ibn,

Not sure if anyone has reply.
I upgrade to 5 stars heating with one addition zoning. It cost me $2250 extra. Each additional zone is $1200-ish.
ericaust23
mib.ibn
HI,

Also, is anybody upgrading their heater to 5 star with zoning with bigger ducted points and future provision for Ice add on? Any sort of approx. cost will be highly appreciated. I am confused about heating & cooling system and for double storey what will be the recommended combination?
Many thanks.

Regards

Hi mib.ibn,

Not sure if anyone has reply.
I upgrade to 5 stars heating with one addition zoning. It cost me $2250 extra. Each additional zone is $1200-ish.

Many thanks

Hi Everyone

I would like to share my experience

Started to build . Decided to engage our own Building inspector. Worked out to be a good decision.
Steel stage 10 defects identified and concretor fixed them before pour concrete in front of the inspector.

Moved on to the frame stage. Inspection done. 35 defects with 3 structural which required Engineers attention. Inspectors comments were very cheap job done by carpenters. Not complying with Australian standards.
Carlisle took 3 weeks to rectify defects.
I sent the inspector again to inspect Re frame and Pre plaster.
5 frame items were still out standing and he found 20 plus defects in pre plaster inspection. Frame was damaged by all the plumbing and electrical trades when installing pipes and cables.

I asked carlisle before i give my inspectors report, did you guys do quality control in the pre plaster and frame stage. give me your findings. They telling me there findings are for internal use and cant share it with me. They are just covering up there trades.

So everyone engage your own good inspector for the full process. Specially Frame stage. That is the heart of your house. Once the brick is up and plaster board is up, all the poor workmanship is under the grave.

Will update once we come to final stage.

Cheers everyone

Any questions welcome
nadhi
Hi Everyone

Started to build Vaucluse 45. Started in May. Decided to engage our own Building inspector. Worked out to be a good decision.
Steel stage 10 defects identified and concretor fixed them before pour concrete in front of the inspector.

Moved on to the frame stage. Inspection done. 35 defects with 3 structural which required Engineers attention. Inspectors comments were very cheap job done by carpenters. Not complying with Australian standards.
5 frame items were still out standing and he found 20 plus defects in pre plaster inspection. Frame was damaged by all the plumbing and electrical trades when installing pipes and cables.

I asked carlisle before i give my inspectors report, did you guys do quality control in the pre plaster and frame stage. give me your findings. They telling me there findings are for internal use and cant share it with me. They are just covering up there trades.

So everyone engage your own good inspector for the full process. Specially Frame stage. That is the heart of your house. Once the brick is up and plaster board is up, all the poor workmanship is under the grave.

Cheers everyone

Any questions welcome

Hi nadhi, which inspector did you use? I asked the Carlisle Site Manager to show me photos what has been identified by my inspector's pre-pour report is fixed before the slab pour. It is good that your inspector visit the site during the pour. do you have to pay extra for it?
But what I got instead was a CH letter in pdf stating that all issues were fixed without any supporting evidences.

Carlisle's QA inspection is internal only. I asked for it myself. It is the same company that does their building permits, sign off on any sub-standard 'alternative' solution to the building code.
Hi ericaust23
Didn't charge extra. included in his price for Steel inspection.
What I reckon carlisle internal QA will only worried about major issues. But for sure they will just oversee other defects because they will rarely give any prob to house within there 10 years warrenty period. At the end there QA inspectors and their building surveyors are all in same boat. they will not work against anyone and will always cover each others mistakes.

So we have to go from outside and keep an eye on there work because there trades really do lot of mistakes.

Cheers
ericaust23
nadhi
Hi Everyone

Started to build Vaucluse 45. Started in May. Decided to engage our own Building inspector. Worked out to be a good decision.

Cheers everyone

Any questions welcome

Hi nadhi, which inspector did you use? I asked the Carlisle Site Manager to show me photos what has been identified by my inspector's pre-pour report is fixed before the slab pour. It is good that your inspector visit the site during the pour. do you have to pay extra for it?
But what I got instead was a CH letter in pdf stating that all issues were fixed without any supporting evidences.

Carlisle's QA inspection is internal only. I asked for it myself. It is the same company that does their building permits, sign off on any sub-standard 'alternative' solution to the building code.

We are almost at completion and I am completely shocked at the poor workmanship of Carlisle Home's contractors, and unprofessionalism from our SS.

We too received letters saying all issues were fixed or will be fixed, but there was NO supporting evidence. We even asked for photos and the SS said they would provide photos of the rectifications but nothing was ever provided. When we asked again, it was too late as the slab had been poured, or things had been covered up. They push things so quickly there is no time for addressing any defects.

nahdi, I think you are correct about them only worrying about the major issues. Besides that, the site supervisors have too many jobs to look after at any one point in time (ours had 15) so we are all just a number to them!

If anyone is building double storey or have built double storey already, PLEASE CHECK that your rangehood is ducted to outside air as per your Contract Tender. We noticed that it was not during recently, and its going to be a big job to put things right.
Hi melbfhb,

How do we know if the rangehood is not ducted to outside? just checking if there are some kind of grilles on the brick wall outside? Sorry it sounds like a silly question. I am going to check out mine. Thanks.

Lily

melbfhb
ericaust23
nadhi
Hi Everyone

Cheers everyone

Any questions welcome

We are almost at completion and I am completely shocked at the poor workmanship of Carlisle Home's contractors, and unprofessionalism from our SS.

We too received letters saying all issues were fixed or will be fixed, but there was NO supporting evidence. We even asked for photos and the SS said they would provide photos of the rectifications but nothing was ever provided. When we asked again, it was too late as the slab had been poured, or things had been covered up. They push things so quickly there is no time for addressing any defects.

nahdi, I think you are correct about them only worrying about the major issues. Besides that, the site supervisors have too many jobs to look after at any one point in time (ours had 15) so we are all just a number to them!

If anyone is building double storey or have built double storey already, PLEASE CHECK that your rangehood is ducted to outside air as per your Contract Tender. We noticed that it was not during recently, and its going to be a big job to put things right.
Hi Guys,

Do you know how long it takes from PCI to handover? We have done our PCI last Tuesday but after that we cannot get in touch with our SS. I am getting a bit worried now since we haven't heard from him for a week.

Did you do a re-inspection before handover or just inspect on the handover day?

Cheers

Lily
Hi Lily

Did you engage your own private inspector for the Final stage ?
nadhi
Hi Lily

Did you engage your own private inspector for the Final stage ?

Hi Nadhi,

Yes we did. He just picked up some little pieces of defects. He said there are no major issues but we spot other defects which he did not pick up. We are wondering if we should engage your private inspector to do a re-inspection as he sounds strict and tougher.

Our SS just ignores our calls, voice messages and emails since the PCI. no replies at all. He has done it many times during the construction when we were trying to follow up on the rectifications.
I doubt there will be only few problems when it comes to final inspection. I havent done the final yet but the way carlisle works, I expect a truck load of defects .

Did your inspector checked quality of work as well. because in the final mainly it will be quality of finishes rather than structural defects because you cant see the structure.

You can speak to my inspector and get some idea what areas he will be checking in his inspection and compare it with your inspector whether he has done that.

All the best

Lahiru
We are getting closer to land settlement! Finally. Only a few weeks to go now. How soon has everyone gone to site after settlement?
Anyone in here building the sacramento 31?

Will take about 2-3 months to start site work
I'm not expecting it to take that long. They told me 3-4 weeks. Everything is done, just waiting on land

They have to apply for building permits and stuff. only can start that process after land title. Building permit process time frames may vary. So it depends
Our land settled Dec 2015 and site start was March 1st 2016
nadhi
They have to apply for building permits and stuff. only can start that process after land title. Building permit process time frames may vary. So it depends

Might be dependent on builder. My last build we had developer's approval and building permits approved before land titled. Once land title it took them 2 weeks to start on site (after coming back from Xmas break).
NicNak
We are getting closer to land settlement! Finally. Only a few weeks to go now. How soon has everyone gone to site after settlement?
Anyone in here building the sacramento 31?

Have you got building permits yet?
NicNak
I'm not expecting it to take that long. They told me 3-4 weeks. Everything is done, just waiting on land

Land titled in Mid-May, but we hadn't finalised our contracts.

Building permits received 30/06/16

Site start 12/07/16

So ours took 12 days once permits were received.

I think they have like 4 weeks to start on site once permits are received
Check the bulkhead above your rangehood and trace it towards the external wall. There should be a vent on the external wall, as far as I know. Maybe someone who has moved in can post a photo of this...

Mellily
Hi melbfhb,

How do we know if the rangehood is not ducted to outside? just checking if there are some kind of grilles on the brick wall outside? Sorry it sounds like a silly question. I am going to check out mine. Thanks.

Lily

melbfhb

Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum