Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 354 of 828
ajayshekar
Advise to everyone - would highly recommend hiring a private construction inspector.
I went with APBI - they do a 4 stage package.
First inspection was pre slab
i.e. the inspector checked the work done on 4th Aug (one day before slab pour) and picked up a few minor issues. The trades fixed it up straight away as they were still working on site.
One of the issues were because the trades didnt follow the engineers plan. Hence i would highly recommend doing this.

Building Ambassador 36 - Wisdom Homes

Thanks ajayshekar ,this was useful
ajayshekar
MandM+4
ajayshekar
Congrats to all those that have progressed. Good to see the pics and updates

Our slab was poured on 5th Aug.
SS advised frames will be delivered this week. Can't believe it takes more than 2 weeks for them to start framing!
Hope there wont be any further delays.

Hi Ajay,
Congrats on the slab! Don't forget to share some pics with us

How long were you in production estimating for?

Thanks MandM+4
Council approval - 1st June 2017
File moved to production estimating - 27th June
File moved to construction team - 21st July
Piers done - 31st July
Slab poured - 5th Aug
Frames delivered - 22nd Aug (yesterday)
SS has advised frames will be done by mid next week.

Attached a few pics.

Nice pics Ajay? where r u building? Good to see another ambassador
which facade have u chosen?

Building Ambassador 36
gfernz
ajayshekar
MandM+4
[quote="ajayshekar"]Congrats to all those that have progressed. Good to see the pics and updates

SS advised frames will be delivered this week. Can't believe it takes more than 2 weeks for them to start framing!

Hi Ajay,

Thanks MandM+4
Piers done - 31st July
Slab poured - 5th Aug

Attached a few pics.

Building Ambassador 36[/quote]@gfernz - building at Altrove estate, Schofields.
Classic facade plus getting stacked stone on the front porch pillars.

ajayshekar
gfernz
ajayshekar
[quote="MandM+4"][quote="ajayshekar"]Congrats to all those that have progressed. Good to see the pics and updates

Hi Ajay,

Thanks MandM+4
Piers done - 31st July
Slab poured - 5th Aug

Attached a few pics.

Building Ambassador 36[/quote]@gfernz - building at Altrove estate, Schofields.
Classic facade plus getting stacked stone on the front porch pillars.

Building Ambassador 36 - Wisdom Homes[/quote]

Wow I need to visit Altrove to see the development, we were thinking of buying there but ended up in Alex Ave as nothing was ready to buy when we wanted last year!

Building Ambassador 36
Hi All,

For those who have had kitchen appointments, can you advise what size fridge cavity was allocated.

I have just received my drawings and have had 1.23 meters allocated, which i believe it too big. Further to this I have been advised that it will be a $365 dollar charge to redraw it I want to make this space smaller.

I am building the Ambassador 36 am a little curious if other have been allocated this space and if not, if you could share your kitchen drawing with me it will be appreciated.

Thanks Bob
For me 990 mm. I'm building impression 33

Bob the Bludger
Hi All,

For those who have had kitchen appointments, can you advise what size fridge cavity was allocated.

I have just received my drawings and have had 1.23 meters allocated, which i believe it too big. Further to this I have been advised that it will be a $365 dollar charge to redraw it I want to make this space smaller.

I am building the Ambassador 36 am a little curious if other have been allocated this space and if not, if you could share your kitchen drawing with me it will be appreciated.

Thanks Bob

The fridge space is house specific and determined by W not the kitchen companies, it would have been on your plans?
Or did you add cabinetry there? If so they should have asked you what size you wanted left for the fridge and designed the cabinetry to suit, and I would have thought they would change the design of that cabinetry to the size you want if you don't like it, timpelle did with our laundry cupboards.

Edit: ours is 1.1m which is what we asked for.

Bob the Bludger
Hi All,

Thanks Bob
Hey Bob,

As mentioned by MandM+4 fridge cavity is based in the floor plan by Wisdom.

I'm building Ambassador 36 too.
My drawings for cabinet in fridge space shows 1230 as the width of the cabinets at the top of the fridge cavity.
The actual width of the cavity is 1290

Height available for fridge is 1910
Overall height including the cabinet is 2310 + 280 for bulkhead.

Depth is 700.

Note i didn't make any changes to the size of the cavity. Its all standard. Cabinets are part of prestige package inclusions.

MandM+4
Bob the Bludger
Hi All,

Thanks Bob

The fridge space is house specific and determined by W not the kitchen companies, it would have been on your plans?
Or did you add cabinetry there? If so they should have asked you what size you wanted left for the fridge and designed the cabinetry to suit, and I would have thought they would change the design of that cabinetry to the size you want if you don't like it, timpelle did with our laundry cupboards.

Thanks MandM+4

I just checked the initial drawing and it has approximately 1.25 m. I didn't realize. Looks like I am also shopping for a bigger fridge!
ajayshekar pls share the details of the inspection company.
Bob the Bludger
MandM+4
Bob the Bludger
Hi All,

Thanks Bob

Thanks MandM+4

I just checked the initial drawing and it has approximately 1.25 m. I didn't realize. Looks like I am also shopping for a bigger fridge!

I don't think 1.23 is too bad, the French door fridges we are looking at are 1m so I'm sure there are bigger ones and with some you need an extra 50mm or so just to open the doors fully. I'm hoping ours is big enough 😬 Originally it was 1.5m, big enough for a stand alone fridge and freezer but we wanted one with a cold water point and none of them offered that.
MandM+4
Bob the Bludger
MandM+4
[quote="Bob the Bludger"]Hi All,

Thanks Bob

Thanks MandM+4

I don't think 1.23 is too bad, the French door fridges we are looking at are 1m so I'm sure there are bigger ones and with some you need an extra 50mm or so just to open the doors fully. I'm hoping ours is big enough
Originally it was 1.5m, big enough for a stand alone fridge and freezer but we wanted one with a cold water point and none of them offered that.[/quote]1.23 is ok

aaron2008
@ajayshekar pls share the details of the inspection company.
https://apbi.com.au

4 inspections package will be $1356 incl GST
Stages are :
Pre slab
Frames
Lock up
PCI

You can email chantelle@apbi.com.au

Put me down as a reference if needed.

ajayshekar
aaron2008

Stages are :
Pre slab
Frames
Lock up
PCI

Thanks AS, what stage do you reckon to contact them, once the contracts are done?
spk_homebuild
ajayshekar
aaron2008

Stages are :
Pre slab
Frames
Lock up
PCI

Thanks AS, what stage do you reckon to contact them, once the contracts are done?
They only need a couple of days notice.
So can contact them when you are in Production Estimating stage.

Quick question for those that are near completion or those lucky ones that have finished, does Wisdom activate the alarm before handover? Ours is fitted, but is it active? For security purposes, feel free to private message me regarding this.
Thanks for your assistance.
Oz
Is the "site start acknowledgement" email the same as the "officially in construction" email or have I got another one still to come? Got very excited for a second and then realised it's probably them just telling me they've scraped the site. lol

Hmmmm signed off our Draft End Panel last week.

Yesterday we get an email that W forgot to charge us $600 for a second paint selection ... Variation has now been raised!

Will we ever be out of admin??? Council approval was mid June!!!
amf139
Hmmmm signed off our Draft End Panel last week.

Yesterday we get an email that W forgot to charge us $600 for a second paint selection ... Variation has now been raised!

Will we ever be out of admin??? Council approval was mid June!!!

They sent us our levels variation (drop edge beam, additional concrete pump and extra fill) just before our final end panel...totalling almost $4000!! So I take your 2nd paint colour and raise you...lol
Hope your final documents come quickly!

MandM+4
Is the "site start acknowledgement" email the same as the "officially in construction" email or have I got another one still to come? Got very excited for a second and then realised it's probably them just telling me they've scraped the site. lol

Didnt get either email. Did i miss it?
My SS wasnt even aware that piers were being done till after it was done.
I found out because my neighbor already moved in and they keep me updated!

Dont think W have standardised processes. Seems like a small old school mum and dad run business who can't keep up with booming business and new age technology.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum