Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hickinbotham Torquay Mod - Rear Verandah done

Page 36 of 38
Lol looks great
Who did your pavers? Wondering if its tge guy that took our pavers... was supposed to be here same week then next then this week still no show! Today we will email management about this and demand a refund since their hired trade “stole” our pavers... (took it with out our premision, and we have a witness)
lovisa
Lol looks great
Who did your pavers? Wondering if its tge guy that took our pavers... was supposed to be here same week then next then this week still no show! Today we will email management about this and demand a refund since their hired trade “stole” our pavers... (took it with out our premision, and we have a witness)
pavers done by a friend of my sister's and his mate. both licensed plumbers. they did my stormwater as well. nah my pavers where delivered by a truck directly from playford pavers
Lol 😂 still no word of our pavers... but ss knows bout it messaged ss yesterday will call later cause they need to fix paving too and we cant landscape/ put in rain tank till that’s done
That is ridiculous lovisa
Yes crazy! That inly indicates more that their intention was to take them and se them to someone else! We guess they now are awaiting too have it made by supplier (we waited 2weeks)... either way i want a refun or my paver
Entilzha
lovisa
Lol looks great
pavers done by a friend of my sister's and his mate. both licensed plumbers. they did my stormwater as well. nah my pavers where delivered by a truck directly from playford pavers

Love the way it’s starting to come together for you
im still looking for good prices on fake lawn! If you find any pm them too me please
will do but haven't even started looking at that yet

still trying to sort out everything inside
but it is slowly starting to come together which is a sense of accomplishment

planning on making a trip to Ikea soon. a few ideas i have and thinkign will be the easiest place to get the bits and pieces i want

decided on a tv cabinet but 6-8 weeks till they get them in or i can go to a another store 20km away and pay more than double delivery - found soemthign even better and half the price 2nd hand and means all i need to do is organise someone with a trailer
Thats great! Ikea is $65 delivery this side! Nomatterhow many items!
We got some good things there but still need a hall table
dont think i need anythign that will require delivery but you never know

my main problem currently is trying to clean my couch - its a deep nay blue but was in storage in a shed for over a year
have found a couple of rat droppings and its got some stains that are slowly coming out

might get a professional cleaner in to tackle it or just buy covers to hide the stains
What bout preen spraybottle you use to do spot clean on carpets? Makes a foam rub it in and when dry vacuum it out? Or steam cleaning? You can get carpet washer with an abolstery attachment you can use to clean couches/ interior of cars wtc too. But cheapest and easiest is the pink spray bottle to clean then sprits with vanilla essence to help reduce odour if any left.
brought something similar which has removed a lot of the stains
have also borrowed a carpet cleaner with upholstery attachment from a friend slowly getting there
Thats great
i now have my rear blinds up on my Sliding Doors - only put up the blockout blind on the outer roller and left of the sheer blind - can always change it when the weather cools down if i want to. Might revisit the blinds to get the dual roller working
properly down the track.

Still havent worked out how i will secure the side of the house yet
Letterbox finally up
will probably move it slightly when i landscape the front

and on a positive note i met the SS for the build next door to me this morning and discussed their use of temporary fencing and if they could use it to secure the side of my house when they erect it.
He seemed to like the extra space i gave him from where the fencing ended to his boundary build started.
Also mentioned he will make sure no one damages my side paving and SW pipes etc.
Will make sure i have lots of photos of the boundary area before and during their build.
i dont expect them to do anything through as im not their customer

every temporary fencing idea i have had all look like they will be to flimsy and not keep anyone out anyway as i dont want to bolt anything to my side wall.

edit - also did my ikea visit on the weekend and i spent less than $50
and got my new TV cabinet from facebook marketplace for about a third of new price

restaked the plant that bent during the move to no avail. noticed today it had fallen again and broken in half
it however does have a offshoot at its base that I am going to try and grow. just need to work out how to trim the broken trunk so that i dont damage the offshoot.
well have finished the main living section and think its come up really well
Have also changed my concrete supplier for driveway
was recommended to someone who did my sisters driveway 25 years ago in hillbank and its still looks good esp considering the slop its on. also $800 cheaper.
I have also found keeping my purple tap handle in middle of dining table reminds me to water my plants

Really liking the lights i found in bunnings, they work really well and provide ample light
Also thinking of getting this and putting it on the wall above the fish tank

Looks great

roller shutter installed
they made it in the wrong colour so have to make it again and then replace it they did paperbark and black instead of white and black. the front and rear doors where correct.
but at least all the electrical etc is now done and i have somethign in place for when i work at night now and its an easy fix when they have the correct colour shutter

have advised them i will pay half the outstanding balance now and remaining when the rectify the roller shutter
i just looked at it and thought its not right - it clashes with the roof, garage and fascia
noticed an issue with my paving today - waiting to hear back about it
but at least i have enough spares to replace the discolored ones if required

on a plus had some post PCI work done today and guy will be back tomorrow to do more work and more painting thats is required
with a few bits and pieces
Still got a bit thats not on his list though

and have also realised my wet area floor tiles where a bad choise - looked nice in the showroom but they look almost like they are permanently dirty with the light staining on them and the grey grout i picked for some reason doesnt help

wishing now i had gone for a shiny black floor tile with white grout as it would have suited the house better
Well paver will be back next week with a pressure cleaner
lots more post PCI handover work carried out this morning and my driveway siteworks is done with concrete truck booked for tomorrow morning. Also paid an extra $50 to remove additional soil that had built up from my siteworks at the front boundary with the neighbors lot

at least i can now open and close my hallway door without scraping on my timber floor.

have whittled the PCI defects list right down but still a few things to go - mainly in the brickwork area

estate also requires a clipsal cent-a-meter device that i am still waiting on. If they cant install it soon i have advised them i will be asking for a refund, I have a better device installed with my Solar system that more than meets the capabilities of the device listed in the estates requirements
Related
20/01/2024
Verandah repair - ledger attached to brick

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, I'll be starting on my verandah repair soon - replace ledger, rafters, roofing iron, flashing etc. (fascia board already done). My question is about the timber ledger…

29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum