Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairwater in Blacktown by Australand

Page 36 of 66
Binca
@Navman1986: Did fairwater land up giving you a pre settlement inspection?

@Dasi: Thanks for the info.
The kitchen cabinet height is the only difference I see for Greenbank. Did you notice anything else?

Yes i believe the kitchen cabinet change is the only thing that effects for us..also the clear varnish thing for the stairs..whatever that means
Hi Kazi

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I can't be much help because I'm not entitled to the grant as I already have a first home
that I'll be selling. Hopefully one of the other members will get back to you.

Good luck!
Hi kazi,

Yes me neither..despite being a first home buyer out house is above the stamp duty concession rates...

However, your lawyer should know these things..thats what he is employed to do...
Quote:
Anyone been through the process of getting the New Home Grant (5k discount towards stamp duty)? I read about it in OSR's website but neither Fairwater ppl nor my lawyer informed me about the grant. Per the OSR website, the application for the grant must be lodged withing 3 months of signing the contract, is that correct? Also, can you only get one grant per financial year (even if you have bought multiple off the plan properties)?

Hi Kazi, you mean this one right? http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/nhg#july

I am planning to apply for this too but I didn't realise that there was a requirement for the application to be lodged within 3 months of signing contract.. could you please give me the link to this wording?

Thanks!
Kazi,

If it's your first home I would apply for this grant if I were you.
http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/fhog
If your applying for $5k grant is your purcharse price below $650k?

Cheers
@Navman: how did your presettlment inspection go?
Binca
@Navman: how did your presettlment inspection go?

Hi Binca,

It really went well. Had a building inspector inspect it on Monday so they agreed to fix all defects picked by him. Nothing Major...just some missing grouts and paint work. I had issues with master bedroom ensuite bathroom window facing balcony having crystal clear glass....I requested them to get it changed if possible for privacy concerns. Apart from that it was just some paint touchups. They did a good job

@navman1986 - who did you use as a building inspector?

Nigel from Scott Inspections

Good to hear they've done a good job.

Did they agree to modify the clear glass?

Building inspection - What type of inspection did you engage them for?
Navman1986
Nigel from Scott Inspections

thanks
Binca
Good to hear they've done a good job.

Did they agree to modify the clear glass?

Building inspection - What type of inspection did you engage them for?

They havent replied back as of yet...we had a completion report one done.

Thanks all for your responses. I am not a first home buyer though. The New Home Grant (not FIrst home buyers grant) is a scheme for ppl who buys brand new homes or a land to build on it. It's paid as a 5k discount towards stamp duty..
Hi Guys,

Congrats to all who already settled. I am in Avenue collection and will be settling later.
1) But thought, if anyone has a checklist, for things to do before/after settlement. And also any references will be helpful for the same.
2) How about the primary schools, Marayong public school looks to be ok depending on the ratings. Any other choices

Thanks
1Avenue
Hi Guys,

Congrats to all who already settled. I am in Avenue collection and will be settling later.
1) But thought, if anyone has a checklist, for things to do before/after settlement. And also any references will be helpful for the same.
2) How about the primary schools, Marayong public school looks to be ok depending on the ratings. Any other choices

Thanks

Hi

What's your lot number? We are in 4115

Cheers
Hi,

@Navman1986: It would be really helpful if you could recommend the blinds/curtain company you used or will be using.

Do they open your house if you want to bring in someone for measurements?
Binca
@Navman1986: It would be really helpful if you could recommend the blinds/curtain company you used or will be using.

Do they open your house if you want to bring in someone for measurements?

At the moment they only allow someone in after the settlement....the only person they will allow is building inspector....I'll arrange for blinds after we move in next week
will let you know who we go with.

Thanks a lot
Hi all

Anybody heard, or have any ideas when they're going to start sprucing up Central Park? I imagine after Avenue folks move in and a bulk of the construction at that end is done.

More families are moving into the estate so it would be nice wouldn't it?
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum