Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building switchthree90-Carpet and splashback and blinds

Page 36 of 37
Wrex- I dunno, it would have been much nicer 6 months ago, or even just not 2 weeks before xmas, $ are VERY tight atm! But no, I don't think its ever finished

Anise-I was not being talked out of the all white kitchen and I adore it, I spent a good 20 mins today cleaning my island bench (you know, a proper clean, not a builders clean!) Having said that, there are some gorgeous 2 tone kitchens around

Jaredlia- thanks, we're thrilled, tho not loving all the work thats still to come!

Geste- thanks! We spent heaps. From the base plan we added somewhere in the neighbourhood of $70000, and thats not including driveway, carpets, aircon etc

Duke- cheers

Air con and ducted vac in today. Flooring starts tomorrow, and blinds and antenna as well

CONGRATULATIONS TINK
Very nice indeed. Very happy for you that its finished for xmas. You must be flat out trying to get everything done but remember to take time out just to sit down and have a glass of wine and take in your new home. You soooooo deserve it
Thanks thirstygirl! I've not had time yet, but am having a bbq there boxing day, and will be having at least one glass of wine!

Went over today to let antenna man in and was surprised to see my splashback had gone in, I had left carpet installers there this morning so the guy didn't need me for access.

Its SO gorgeous
wide shot- they haven't done the pantry side, even tho my variation says "including bench returns", i've already emailed about that. And I'd be lost without the idevices atm, only way to amuse them in an empty house! Can see aircon vent to the left end of bulkhead
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/tfal/4c267703.jpg
it changes colour, from silver, to goldy, to almost greeny sometimes, i can't wait to see it with lights at night
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/tfal/9a26bed5.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/tfal/55d968f4.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/tfal/af3d083d.jpg

And carpets and blinds went in today (blinds just to bedrooms atm, til money tree recovers a little)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/tfal/16af25af.jpg
master
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/tfal/6236ec33.jpg
Its SO lush and thick!
vinyl flooring and new outdoor setting tomorrow!
My oh my you are organized. When our house is done, we wont be in for months

Your splashback is divine. Whats that colour. I keep questioning the one we picked and yours would go perfect me thinks
Looks sooooooooo good T,love your splashback what is colour.
Can't wait to see vinyl planks
Splashback is frothing mocha.

And I had to be organised this time of year thirsty!
Gorgeous !!!! Happy Christmas to you!!
Beautiful:)
Can't wait for my carpet!!!
Tinks,
Splashback looks superb. As we are also having frothing mocha, seeing yours makes me feel we have made the right choice.

Work on ours has ground to a holt again. Getting a bit frustrated as Switch had given a verbal committment to try to keep trades flowing to make sure we don't loose more time. Tiler came and did 3/4 of job and hasn't been seen since. I have the feeling they have wound down for Chriatmas and not likely to be seen until late jan.

Tim
What sort of carpet do you have? It looks like a plush?!
And if you don't mind sharing...what colour is it? It looks like a really really dark brown, almost black. It is just stunning. and i can't make out footprints on it, so it can't be a plush!!!

everything has just tied in so beautifully together. Congrats on such a beautiful, well thought out home!
That splashback looks absolutely perfect. I love the colour and effect. I'm not a big splashback gal, shhhh don't tell anyone but I never normally get all the fuss and excitement about splashbacks.. yet that one looks delish

I think I prefer it the way it is and not going up the pantry cupboard (but then like I said I'm not a splashback girl so feel free to ignore me)
Congrats Tink,
Looks superb

More pics tomorrow please
Floor preview-

Am so annoyed that all but one of the things my SS would happen last week haven't happened- especially the silicone and hanging the toilet doors (small problem if you don't like an audience) which is stopping us moving in, no flyscreens either Office closed til 16th Jan. Very bloOdy annoying. Will be getting angry letter from me.

But floors look amazing, better pics tomorrow.
purity... ohh I said that before didn't I

You will feel better once the leeter is sent.... you can concerentrate on other thigns for a little while like Christmas!... Have a break from thinking about the house and enjoy the festive period won't you?
Its looking lovely, I LOVE the splashback...
duke
You will feel better once the leeter is sent.... you can concerentrate on other thigns for a little while like Christmas!... Have a break from thinking about the house and enjoy the festive period won't you?

I agree!!

Looks gorgeous Tink....your whole house is beautiful

Merry Christmas to you and your family
ok, its been FOREVER! So I thought i'd better come an update.

We didn't get in until last weekend. The silicone to the showers was what stopped us, given we decided it would be better if the bathrooms were waterproof before we moved in! They were finally done (well, half done at least) on the 6th January and then last weekend was the first chance I wasn't working so we could move in.
It was hot hot hot when we moved in, but we made it!
Its SO nice to be in our house, I love it!
I've been busy yelling at various people in the building company, as there are a heap of little things that still remain to be done, the biggest issue being the spa motor which was coming yesterday (again!) and didn't come, but I genuinely believe my super is trying to get it all done for me, he was here twice this week (he's supervising next doors build, so he can't escape me!). We had to get a locksmith out after the front door wouldn't give up a key but apart from all that we've had no issues.

The boxes are slowly disappearing which is a HUGE relief and I adore cooking in my kitchen.

I know a post isnt complete without pics but I'll have to do some on my phone later today and post them that way, still unpacking the study!

Hope everyone is well, back later with pics
Hi T,Congratulations on moving into your gorgeous house.

l have a roof
CONGRATS!!!!

how very exciting!!!!!

so happy for you. whoaooaoa!

Congrats Tinkster
Related
29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

21/04/2024
Question about motorised roller blinds

Window Furnishings

I have motorised roller blinds in my house. I motorised all the blinds I use a lot and the ones that don’t get used too often I didn’t. I went through Motorise My…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum