Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 349 of 433
Doulton777
emmyawards
Drew01
[quote="emmyawards"]Haha sorry. I got the soft close drawers through M though cause I heard it’s more work to do later.

Yeah, they're a bugger to retrofit... The only thing we considered doing ourselves was a double bin, as M charge nearly $900 for it, but we ended up without a bin cupboard altogether, and it will go under the sink instead

Speaking of which does anyone know what the actual name of the soft close for the cupboard doors are?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

Hey thanks doulton. I don’t suppose you have the one for the cupboard?

emmyawards
Doulton777
emmyawards
[quote="Drew01"][quote="emmyawards"]Haha sorry. I got the soft close drawers through M though cause I heard it’s more work to do later.

Yeah, they're a bugger to retrofit... The only thing we considered doing ourselves was a double bin, as M charge nearly $900 for it, but we ended up without a bin cupboard altogether, and it will go under the sink instead

Speaking of which does anyone know what the actual name of the soft close for the cupboard doors are?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

Hey thanks doulton. I don’t suppose you have the one for the cupboard?

[/quote]

Ahhh no sorry we only got all the draws done. It cost a bit as it was.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Clean
For me M charged $690 for double bin (2x38L). For a smaller one they charged $110. Both are Hafele.

We payed $610 each for ours. And it’s only two 32ltr. We got it in the butlers and in the kitchen. And in our kitchenette. And I got one in one of the jack and Jill’s bathrooms. I would rather the 38ltr. But they didn’t have bigger.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Kitchen question re pendant placement: our plans have them lined up over the sink side of the bench. Should they be more to the sitting/eating side, or centred along the bench?
blackcat20
Kitchen question re pendant placement: our plans have them lined up over the sink side of the bench. Should they be more to the sitting/eating side, or centred along the bench?

personally, I'd want my pendants aligned over the island bench... but to each their own I guess
Drew01
blackcat20

personally, I'd want my pendants aligned over the island bench... but to each their own I guess

Oh I want them over the bench, Im just not sure I want them hanging directly over the sink section. In the contract plan they were centred but now they seem to have been moved back towards the sink.

I would also say over the sink. Too me it just makes more sense. I have never known pedants to be passed the bench.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
I would also say over the sink. Too me it just makes more sense. I have never known pedants to be passed the bench.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

No no not past the bench, but lined up along the centre. I dont want to hit my head on them while washing dishes.
Ours was positioned above the eating area of the bench as default.
Obi
Ours was positioned above the eating area of the bench as default.

That's where I thought it should be, and was on our contract plans, so not sure why its been moved. I've asked them to move it back.
we fixed the problems that come with pendants over the sink by moving the sink to the appliance bench, so the entire island bench is clean. The only thing that is going to be in/on our island is the microwave cavity and a powerpoint on the side for charging phones/laptops

layout:

electrical :

Yes - we have a few lights in the kitchen
blackcat20
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

No no not past the bench, but lined up along the centre. I dont want to hit my head on them while washing dishes.

You have to be pretty tall for it to hit your head lol. We have them now and never had that problem.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
If this is pre-construction, ask them to fix the drawings. Otherwise, ask the site supervisor to fix it and show him the signed drawings.
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've gone through pretty much all 349 pages in this thread. It's been extremely helpful. Thanks so much for all those providing all these valuable information.

Although I may have made less than great decisions so far, (I.e. not negotiating a better deal, or signing the contract before asking for amended plans ) I hope I can minimise them moving forward.

A little background:

Currently single and will probably be single for the foreseeable future so I will be supporting this purchase by myself which is why I will be on a very tight budget so any savings I can get would be great! (Nothing against marriage, I do want to find a partner, it's just that being in the friendzone is a place I thrive in, lol)

I've tried looking for anyone trying to build a Sentosa design but it seems like so far no one has done it yet in this forum. I've selected the Sentosa 45 design as part of the land and home package.
My land size is approx 652 sqm and is situated in upper point cook.

They've included quite a lot of the upgrades so far but I reckon I would still want to upgrade the following:

Additional electrical and power points
Riser for the home theatre (and other changes, i.e. layout and automated curtains)
Starlight for the home theatre
Extra cabinets for the kitchen (perhaps have my appliances looking flush?)
Balcony for the master bedroom (it seems like based on the upgrade price list for the bigger sentosa 52 was $25 000, which I found to be a lil excessive?)
Adding an additional powder room on the ground floor
Toilet seat upgrades
Adding bidets to the toilets
Adding small washbasin for the toilets
More insulation/soundproofing
Feature walls for leisure room and living (probably just do wallpaper since that's cheaper and maybe get a 3rd party to bring costs down?)
Air conditioning (this seems to be really expensive? 20k + at least?)

I will update if I've missed out on anything. My land should title in July or August. And construction should begin soon after. I am trying to make an appointment with Studio M. Hopefully they can fit me in next month.

Can anyone describe to me their recent studio M experience in Melbourne? Any changes that I should take not of? That would be very much appreciated.

Also based on the upgrades above, are there any that I can get a 3rd party in Melbourne to do?

Thanks so much guys. I'm so so nervous about probably the biggest purchase in my life. lol
Drew01
we fixed the problems that come with pendants over the sink by moving the sink to the appliance bench, so the entire island bench is clean. The only thing that is going to be in/on our island is the microwave cavity and a powerpoint on the side for charging phones/laptops

layout:

electrical :

I would love to do that; I prefer to look out the window from the sink, and they suck up so much space on the island, but we just dont have the room. Our electrical consultant has realigned the lights across the centre of the bench so that all got fixed.

I do think we'll need to move our dining pendant but it will depend on placement of our table.
Save
blackcat20
Drew01

layout:

electrical :

I would love to do that; I prefer to look out the window from the sink, and they suck up so much space on the island, but we just dont have the room. Our electrical consultant has realigned the lights across the centre of the bench so that all got fixed.

I do think we'll need to move our dining pendant but it will depend on placement of our table.
Save
ours looked like it wouldn't either until I drew it how we wanted it!!

Freak_Zombie
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've gone through pretty much all 349 pages in this thread. It's been extremely helpful. Thanks so much for all those providing all these valuable information.

Although I may have made less than great decisions so far, (I.e. not negotiating a better deal, or signing the contract before asking for amended plans ) I hope I can minimise them moving forward.

A little background:

Currently single and will probably be single for the foreseeable future so I will be supporting this purchase by myself which is why I will be on a very tight budget so any savings I can get would be great! (Nothing against marriage, I do want to find a partner, it's just that being in the friendzone is a place I thrive in, lol)

I've tried looking for anyone trying to build a Sentosa design but it seems like so far no one has done it yet in this forum. I've selected the Sentosa 45 design as part of the land and home package.

They've included quite a lot of the upgrades so far but I reckon I would still want to upgrade the following:

Riser for the home theatre (and other changes, i.e. layout and automated curtains)
Balcony for the master bedroom (it seems like based on the upgrade price list for the bigger sentosa 52 was $25 000, which I found to be a lil excessive?)
Toilet seat upgrades
Feature walls for leisure room and living (probably just do wallpaper since that's cheaper and maybe get a 3rd party to bring costs down?)

I will update if I've missed out on anything. My land should title in July or August. And construction should begin soon after. I am trying to make an appointment with Studio M. Hopefully they can fit me in next month.

Can anyone describe to me their recent studio M experience in Melbourne? Any changes that I should take not of? That would be very much appreciated.

Also based on the upgrades above, are there any that I can get a 3rd party in Melbourne to do?

Thanks so much guys. I'm so so nervous about probably the biggest purchase in my life. lol

Congrats! Can I ask what kind of bidets you are thinking to get?

Freak_Zombie

A little background:

Toilet seat upgrades

Sentosa is a very nice design. When do you start? We are building not far from you. I don’t know if you know the allura estate In truganina?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
emmyawards
Freak_Zombie

A little background:

Toilet seat upgrades

Congrats! Can I ask what kind of bidets you are thinking to get?

Thanks so much! I was thinking of getting the simple ones you can attach to the toilet seat? I might get the powered one for my master ensuite though. I think there's a cheap one from Xiaomi?
Doulton777
Freak_Zombie

A little background:

Toilet seat upgrades

Sentosa is a very nice design. When do you start? We are building not far from you. I don’t know if you know the allura estate In truganina?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks so much! I was going through your thread, it looks amazing! I'll send you a PM soon with some questions. Hope you don't mind!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum