Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 346 of 433
Seriously poor form. Post this on their Facebook site. Might prompt some action.
where are you on the beaches. pm me?
Seems like the SS not doing his job to regularly check the site.
I agree a facebook post on their facebook page is in order.
If i was the manager of the SS i would be annoyed at the thousands of dollars of waste.
How long do people ususally wait for final plans before site start? We had developer approval two weeks ago but still no sign of plans or a building permit.
Renman
Concerned!!

How have you found the water pressure in a large 45+ sqm house with 3-4+ showers?

I tried turning all the water tapes and shower in the house and some of the outlets were barely trickling out water ?

I have really poor water pressure to my two outdoor taps M put in at the back of my Lincoln 32 property, it wasnt even enough to drive my popup sprinklers. When other water is turned on, it goes even worse.

I have logged it as a fault on the portal, will let you know how they go about dealing with it in a few weeks at the 3 month service!
I’m not sure if this might help but it may be a case of needing to turn tup the pressure regulator at the water meter. I’m in Melbourne and had low warmer pressure when we moved in, one of the plumbers doing our gas appliance install was nice enough to check the pressure for us.

Where we are we have a Itron water meter, if you look at your meter going from your property boundary you should have something like the following

Pipe coming out of the ground -> stop tap / valve -> water meter -> pressure regulator-> pipe into ground -> garden tap

The pressure regulator for us looks like a dark green cap with a screw in the top of it, you should also see markings showing which way to turn the screw in order to change the pressure

Hope that helps!
jghkn
Verify if it is included in your contract. In our experience, yes it is one-piece with the rest of the slab.
I had to pay extra. then it was part of main slab.
jimmm
I had to pay extra. then it was part of main slab.
What does that mean? We thought its all one slab? Why would it be separate?

The base house came with the roof for the alfresco but not the floor. It was extra dollars to get concrete for the alfresco area. Check your contract to see if alfresco slab included.
Metriconbuild
Hi, does anyone know if Metricon pours the alfresco slab? We have had our main floor slab poured, but for our alfresco there are only piers? Can anyone advise please, we are building in Sydney.

we have paid extra for the slab. seems like your consultant did not explain this to you.
M were running a promo when I bought my home with only 25 sq m of alfresco slab. I had to pay for the rest... another 4 sq m plus tiling upgrade.

Make sure you get your porch slab poured with the making house slab.

They reckon you can do it as part of landscaping but i think it’s better to have it poured all as one.

Big news all... One year and 6 months on my PCI/Settlement is finally booked in for this Thursday.

I can’t wait.

My porch and alfresco slab was poured with the rest of my house and it was part of the house design so no extra cost for it. I’m in Melbourne though.

nomnomnom
Big news all... One year and 6 months on my PCI/Settlement is finally booked in for this Thursday.

I can’t wait.

woohoo...happy days
emmyawards
My porch and alfresco slab was poured with the rest of my house and it was part of the house design so no extra cost for it. I’m in Melbourne though.

They have had a promo running at some point and it looks like it has finished and needs to be ordered separately.
Our porch and alfresco slab was also poured at the same time and we added the alfresco area to our place as the initial design didn’t have one.

K-Real
emmyawards

They have had a promo running at some point and it looks like it has finished and needs to be ordered separately.

We have never been told about promo

nomnomnom

I can’t wait.

Wow why did it take that long?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum