Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 345 of 433
Renman
Concerned!!

How have you found the water pressure in a large 45+ sqm house with 3-4+ showers?

I tried turning all the water tapes and shower in the house and some of the outlets were barely trickling out water ?

Renman
I assume this is upstairs were you have issues?
What happens when some are shut off?
You would think that the dams are higher than the house height to provide pressure to all taps to flow.
What do you do in that situation? Install some electric pump to restore the pressure?
Renman
Concerned!!

How have you found the water pressure in a large 45+ sqm house with 3-4+ showers?

I tried turning all the water tapes and shower in the house and some of the outlets were barely trickling out water ?

Good point. I will try open all showers tomorrow and see how it all goes. Will let you know. our toilets refill from the rainwater tank and its a bit slow i have noticed.

How to fix water presssure in all tsps though???
Wonder if you're meter to main needs an upgrade, Renman?

Quirmeball1280
Renman
Concerned!!

Oh that sucks, does the pressure get generated from the house or council area water pipes?

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846

M connected their standard pipe from the original main. Maybe their pipes weren’t big enough to cater for the whole house.

I know that we won’t ever use all the tapes and shower at the same time but having all 4 showers (2 of them with rain head) in the same time didn’t give the pressure that would result in a good shower in my view.

Maybe it will be better when the hot water/gas is connected.

stanus
Renman
Concerned!!

Renman
I assume this is upstairs were you have issues?
What happens when some are shut off?
You would think that the dams are higher than the house height to provide pressure to all taps to flow.
What do you do in that situation? Install some electric pump to restore the pressure?

I had one rain head going on the ground floor and it didn’t impress me at all.

Not sure what the options are a available to me. Any ideas anyone?

K-Real
Renman
Concerned!!

Good point. I will try open all showers tomorrow and see how it all goes. Will let you know. our toilets refill from the rainwater tank and its a bit slow i have noticed.

Anyone else living in their new house can provide their feedback?

Drew01

Is that possible?

Renman
Drew01

Is that possible?

Yep, had it done at our old place. The meter to main was a really old pipe that was corroded inside... The water tasted heaps better with the new pipe as well!

You may find that they have the pressure restricted at the moment, i.e. meter tap not turned all the way up?

Drew01
Renman
Drew01

Is that possible?

Yep, had it done at our old place. The meter to main was a really old pipe that was corroded inside... The water tasted heaps better with the new pipe as well!

You may find that they have the pressure restricted at the moment, i.e. meter tap not turned all the way up?

Do you know what the cost was?

It’s turned on to the max, was the first thing I checked.

Renman
Drew01
Renman
[quote="Drew01"]Wonder if you're meter to main needs an upgrade, Renman?

Is that possible?

[/quote]Don't recall it costing us anything, as we barely had any water flow...

What they did is upgrade the line from a tap under the road to the meter... From memory it was about 1 3/4 inch by the time they finished

K-Real
Renman
Concerned!!

Just checked our cold water pressure is fine when i have turned all our 5 showers on. I think this might be different when we have hot water (our gas will be connected this week). Even though we have put an extra gas water heater 26l continuous flow (we have 2 of them in total) i am worried that it may stress the system. Will let you know the results..
Hi All
A query on the independent inspector. We have given his details to our consultant.

Is there anything else we need to specify or ask for eg. List of inspections he is going yo do with approx time line from M or a notice when that activity eill take place so he can plan his inspection and also how to ensure they fix majors before moving to next stage?

Is there some notes to be put now on the file? Or direct comms with site supervisor?

Any tips or advice appreciated.

Hi All
Need some suggestion please.

I opted for 600mm eaves but due to council restriction M can’t provide it just for the garage side. All other sides including first floor is fine to have 600mm eaves. Below is a sketch with 450mm eaves in garage and 600mm for rest.

Could you please let me know if it looks odd to have 2 different size eaves or should I change everything to 450mm.

Btw I just thought having 600mm eaves looks better hence I opted for it. Would appreciate if anyone has photos to share. Thanks

DRT
Hi All

I opted for 600mm eaves but due to council restriction M can’t provide it just for the garage side. All other sides including first floor is fine to have 600mm eaves. Below is a sketch with 450mm eaves in garage and 600mm for rest.

Could you please let me know if it looks odd to have 2 different size eaves or should I change everything to 450mm.

Btw I just thought having 600mm eaves looks better hence I opted for it. Would appreciate if anyone has photos to share. Thanks

Don’t stress, we had to have shorter eaves on the garage side too, and it all looks fine!
No body will even notice because it’s on the garage side.

Anyone done led downlights after handover? Any idea of rough pricing for them supply and install?
Metricon wants $130 per light

HGMbuild
DRT
Hi All

Don’t stress, we had to have shorter eaves on the garage side too, and it all looks fine!
No body will even notice because it’s on the garage side.

Thanks for the reassurance.
Do you have any photos by any chance? Thanks

K-Real
K-Real
Renman
Concerned!!

Just checked our cold water pressure is fine when i have turned all our 5 showers on. I think this might be different when we have hot water (our gas will be connected this week). Even though we have put an extra gas water heater 26l continuous flow (we have 2 of them in total) i am worried that it may stress the system. Will let you know the results..

I logged a service call to Yarra Valley Water and they are going to visit site and check the water pressure from the main tap.

It’s expected to have the pressure to deliver 10 liters of water in 30sec.

Drew01
Renman
Drew01
[quote="Renman"][quote="Drew01"]Wonder if you're meter to main needs an upgrade, Renman?

Is that possible?

[/quote]Don't recall it costing us anything, as we barely had any water flow...

What they did is upgrade the line from a tap under the road to the meter... From memory it was about 1 3/4 inch by the time they finished

[/quote]

According Yarra Valley Waters said our water pressure from the meter is above average at 450psi. Anything above 300psi is ok.

Does that mean you need a booster pump to get pressure upstairs??

What's the pressure inside the house, say at the washing machine taps?

If you had to boost the mains pressure, we've used Grundfos pumps on the farm for years, very reliable and cost effective to run.

http://au.grundfos.com/products/find-pr ... oster.html

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum