Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 343 of 433
emmyawards
nomnomnom
emmyawards
Need opinions. Metricon found a septic tank under my soil and are quoting $5750 to reengineer the slab so that it doesn’t put any weight on it and they can leave it in as they said it’s been in there for 40 odd years so the soil is all stable around it. Should I try getting my demo company to remove instead? Do you think it would be cheaper? Slab site manager said it would cost more to remove as they need to excavate a big hole and then fill and ensure the fill is stable.

I would try and dig it out and replace with an underground water tank of same dimensions. Although might be a problem for maintenance if under the slab.

Speak to your building inspector and see what they suggest also.

Ok so turns out our BSC got confused and said we needed 25 new piers. It should have been 25 total and we already had 21. So price is $1550. Thank God!

That’s good news. Maybe for extra peace of mind, ask what the price would be to

a) build solid slab over the area instead of waffle pod

b) cost to have a higher over all slab eg H1 instead of M class. The difference is they use more steel and better quality concrete which will make the slab more robust.

I would definately speak to the slab engineer and discuss these items and get their response. Also ask if they’ve had this on any other builds too.

Does Metricon allow including third party quotes for landscaping, curtains/shutters and security screens in the building contract so it all can become part of the loan ?

Also, anyone opted for the rustic barley laminate flooring ?
gmohitg

Also, anyone opted for the rustic barley laminate flooring ?

I think we selected the rustic barley, but we havent started building yet so nothing to show you...
Hey
Anyone know what the tile and carpet choices are for the designer pack compared to the normal freedom flooring pack?
Like do you get better options quality wise with more choices

Moose256
Hey
Anyone know what the tile and carpet choices are for the designer pack compared to the normal freedom flooring pack?
Like do you get better options quality wise with more choices

You essentially get more credits to spend on your selections

Does anyone know who organises the installation of taps on a new development block? My CSC says they should already be there or that we have to arrange it with the water company, but I thought that would be their job. All we have at the moment is a random pipe at the front of the block.
blackcat20
Does anyone know who organises the installation of taps on a new development block? My CSC says they should already be there or that we have to arrange it with the water company, but I thought that would be their job. All we have at the moment is a random pipe at the front of the block.

Our builders plumber did ours right at the start I think.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
excited_builders
Drew01
We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Has anyone got a rough idea of what it costs to tile a downstairs of a Glendale 45?

It immediately overcomes the issue of skirting and cabinetry over flooring - tiles HAVE to go under.

Not to mention that we can use a steam cleaner on a tiled floor that we can't use on timber flooring...

Hi Drew 01 we r building Glendale 50 n our tiling cost for a 600 x 600 tile for $8500 for 163sqm. This is after taking the flooring pack.

We got quoted today for 600 x 600 Santorini White GL-Porc tiles, which we're thinking we'll go with instead of the engineered timber boards, so we overcome the issue of cabinets over flooring, and save the cost of skirting after flooring as well. Quite a nice, grey/white tile, but we forgot to take a photo http://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/All-Pr ... ni&pspid=1

Will go nicely against our Belga charcoal wet area tiles, and warm up the Snowy Mountain half a little...
Normally Metricon price works out at least $150 m2 for polished porc. Price for ceramic tiles is $92M2. Upgrade to cheaper pol porc is at least $60M2. If there is a pack that you can take please check what the price works out to for the tiling in pack. I did a bit of research before I have chosen to go external post hand over.

Clean
Normally Metricon price works out at least $150 m2 for polished porc. Price for ceramic tiles is $92M2. Upgrade to cheaper pol porc is at least $60M2. If there is a pack that you can take please check what the price works out to for the tiling in pack. I did a bit of research before I have chosen to go external post hand over.

Yeah, done our research - we had a flooring promotion in our sales deal, the finish on the tile we like is a flat finish as we think it will be more forgiving then a polished porcelain.

It was nowhere near $150/m³

Metricon request us to disconnect water, but I heard people that they need water,don't disconnect. Please advice (in Sydney) thanks

CKY
Metricon request us to disconnect water, but I heard people that they need water,don't disconnect. Please advice (in Sydney) thanks

We got asked to leave our water connected... Water is used everywhere in a house build

Hi ....does anyone know what the Metricon Construction Specification that is the document included with the final Contract....which one prevails in doubt that or the Victorian Value Technical Specs which is the standard inclusion list. Does anyone have any tips or advice....I notice some clauses regarding water connection services ...where it states something about where Yarra valley instals a water meter outside the garage....we have to move it out of the way at our cost. There r many other statements here on crossover, owners responsibility re grate drain across garage openings sec 27.3 ....

Has anyone extended their double storey house by 0.5m and know the rough cost?
excited_builders
Hi ....does anyone know what the Metricon Construction Specification that is the document included with the final Contract....which one prevails in doubt that or the Victorian Value Technical Specs which is the standard inclusion list.

For us it was an HIA specification document, the HIA contract document states the order of precedents of the contract.
Found a good driveway guy!!!!! Peter AHAL OZWIDE quality concreting
Www.facebook.com/ozwidequalityconcreting

NthHome
http://Www.facebook.com/ozwidequalityconcreting

Looks great. And matches well with the house

viewtopic.php?t=86597
NthHome

Shame we are in Melb.

Can I ask what did it cost you?

NthHome

Oh just saw the facebook details. Thank you, i will give him a call. Have you finished the backyard already?
RR80
Has anyone extended their double storey house by 0.5m and know the rough cost?
Did you mean outwards? We extended ours out 400mm so the garage was 1m setback (estate guidelines) that was $2400ish

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum