Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 341 of 433
Doulton777
dulie
Adding security screens will allow the windows to open fully.

We added screens. But it still makes no difference here in melbourne. Too be honest I wouldn’t even trust screens if you have kids. I have had a kid full out of our holiday home

from the second story with a flyscreen. I don’t think fly screens are that stable enough where it will support a child leaning up against it. I understand why they do this.

I think you're confusing fly screens with security screens.
dulie
Doulton777
dulie
Adding security screens will allow the windows to open fully.

We added screens. But it still makes no difference here in melbourne. Too be honest I wouldn’t even trust screens if you have kids. I have had a kid full out of our holiday home

from the second story with a flyscreen. I don’t think fly screens are that stable enough where it will support a child leaning up against it. I understand why they do this.

I think you're confusing fly screens with security screens.

What security screens can you put on a window? I didn’t know there was any?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777

Old style

More modern steel mesh
dulie
Doulton777

Old style

More modern steel mesh

Thanks Dulie, I might look into something like that. I understand the reason for the security but we've got 4 windows upstairs that have the restriction.
The second one looks like CrimeSafe...

We went with awning windows to overcome this issue

Drew01

Awning windows are also restricted when on 2nd floor with no security screens...
Ahhh it might have been better to put something like that then. I wish metricon would have asked us.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Ahhh it might have been better to put something like that then. I wish metricon would have asked us.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Same, I don't think this came up in conversation at all...
CamillaS
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Same, I don't think this came up in conversation at all...

I don’t know why. Just gives them more money.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
You can do it all post handover. The security screen installer will remove the window restrictions while his installing. That's what happened at our house, and we didn't even ask him to. It's common practice.
Maybe down the track. As we are getting fly screens through m. Thanks for the info

viewtopic.php?t=86597
dulie
Drew01

Awning windows are also restricted when on 2nd floor with no security screens...
Yeah, we're not too concerned about 12cm - that's plenty for an awning window to get a breeze in...

We've just added ceiling fan provisioning for hot nights, so we're not running the AC all the time, so crack a window and turn the fan on

blackcat20
Managed to log into My Metricon for the first time and noticed a name listed under Site Manager. Is that the site supervisor or someone else?

Hey Blackcat,

Never heard the My Metricon before. Where did you get your Password and Login?
Is this a new service?

Thanks,
K-real
K-Real
blackcat20
Managed to log into My Metricon for the first time and noticed a name listed under Site Manager. Is that the site supervisor or someone else?

Hey Blackcat,

Is this a new service?

Thanks,
K-real

Not all states have it, I asked about it and they told me NSW doesn’t have it.

K-Real
blackcat20

Hey Blackcat,

Is this a new service?

Thanks,
K-real

I clicked the "forgot password" button and it emailed me my user name and password. But sounds like you wont have it in NSW.
CamillaS
K-Real
blackcat20

Hey Blackcat,

Is this a new service?

Thanks,
K-real

Not all states have it, I asked about it and they told me NSW doesn’t have it.

Hope we are not missing much..or do we??? Ive noticed reviews from VIC are more positive!Anyways, not long for me now till this is all over so no probs!
blackcat20
K-Real
blackcat20

Hey Blackcat,

Is this a new service?

Thanks,
K-real

I clicked the "forgot password" button and it emailed me my user name and password. But sounds like you wont have it in NSW.

Yeah that didnt work for me
CamillaS
Can I ask what everyone thinks of the new window laws where you can't fully open a window that's more than 2m above ground surface... our windows can only open about 12cm...
it is crap

Drew01
dulie
Drew01

Yeah, we're not too concerned about 12cm - that's plenty for an awning window to get a breeze in...

We've just added ceiling fan provisioning for hot nights, so we're not running the AC all the time, so crack a window and turn the fan on

We did this in the kids room. Wish we did in ours too

K-Real
blackcat20
K-Real
[quote="blackcat20"]Managed to log into My Metricon for the first time and noticed a name listed under Site Manager. Is that the site supervisor or someone else?

Hey Blackcat,

Is this a new service?

Thanks,
K-real

Yeah that didnt work for me
/quote]

All NSW Metricon builders will get access to My Metricon after handover.
You will get an email by the builder after handover, but unlike every other state that has building progress, all we have is a place to list all your maintenance issues.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum