Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 35 of 147
So so sorry to hear of your loss! I hope your boy is ok

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Very sorry to hear this. My fingers are crossed for your boy. It is a good sign that he is still well at this point.
Thanks everyone.

In other news, the builder called me today. Painting has started at the house and should finish sometime next week, then tiling will begin.
Finally progress.
I'm so sorry Dawn
thinking of you

Glad things have made progress at your house

Can anyone who is further along then me..give me some idea of the order of events from now till completion? I'm at painting stage now..

And anyone think they can get everything done in the next 5 weeks?
[quote="aloenyx"]Can anyone who is further along then me..give me some idea of the order of events from now till completion? I'm at painting stage now..

And anyone think they can get everything done in the next 5 weeks?
/quote]
Can be done in 5 weeks Dawn...

my order...
Painting
Shelves fitout
Tiling (only ensuite and bathroom)
Electrical fitouts
heating cooling fitouts
Plumbing fitouts
Flooring
site clean
Surely it can be done? I've seen builds on here that only last 12 weeks and that's from site cut so I think it's doable

viewtopic.php?t=83643
All depends if there are any delays with any of the tradies. Everything needs to be done for pci, so i think it will be a little longer than 5 weeks.

I guess I can keep hoping...

The list of things still to be done
Painting
Tiling
Carpets
Tapware
Lighting
Countertops
Split System
Driveway
Garage door
Render
Front fence
Concreting
Site clean
Fly screens
Appliances
Hot water system

Still lots to do and little time.

Sounds like the delay in getting started after Christmas was due to no available painter...
Hot water & appliances you can cross off the list, they don't go in until hand over

When the garage door goes up they are nearly finished

Thanks Charley.

I guess I can't wait for the garage door then!!!
I think 5 weeks is doable if they get moving now. Our SS has estimated another 11 weeks for us and we've just been wrapped with brickies starting this week.

I really hope so!!
I'm going to go down and see it this weekend. Hopefully get some feel for what it will look like painted
Our painting finished last week. This week we have had plumbing and electrical fit off, hot water service installed, fly screens installed and flooring completed. All in a week. All we need done is mirrors, shower screens, garage door and a good clean. We are hoping for PCI this week but haven't got a date yet. 5 weeks is defiantly doable. Our house is 18sq.

That's great news!!! XD I'm feeling confident they could do it, just a matter of IF they will I guess.

Can't wait for the new house... my boy seems okay so far, and he needs to get into new environment quick smart.
Did you visit your house this weekend?

So glad to hear your boy is ok!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Going down this arvo.
hope painting looks good and I picked a good color..was SO long ago cant remember if it was suppose to look grey or white :p
Remember to take photos

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Saw the house
DD

There was about 5 people on site, painting away
D Pretty impressed as its a very wet Sunday in Melbourne. They were making good progress, from what I could see they've done a coat or two at least in every room.

Didn't see any other obvious changes except for paint.

Due to rain and the fact house was full of people we didn't stay long... just had a quick peek and left, only one photo..

This is Master Bedroom
The windows were open and no flyscreens yet, so snuck the phone through the window

Rooms definitely feel bigger!!!
Can't wait to get back inside and see it all. I'm pretty happy with the colour, not too white, not too grey, not yellow XD

The inside is White on White and ceiling is Builder's white. They had painted the front door and the sidelight surround blue. I didn't realise the surround would be painted the same colour as the door, but should look good once its done.

I will have to pop down next weekend I think, see the finished painting and hopefully tiling started.
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum