Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Grantham Estate, Riverstone

Page 35 of 40
44schoffel
Is there anyone building on schoffel st and know what is the Bal rating? Ours one is 12.5 and we are paying $10000 to meet the requirements. Is anyone else paying extra for bushfire?

The cost would all depend on what your construction was prior to the Bal rating.
the rating requires certain methods and materials for construction to achieve compliance. If your original design had elements that were already compliant, then there would be little to upgrade. If you had little or no 'bal compliant' elements then there would be quite a lot to upgrade.

Make sense?
Thank you Andrew92 and Mattysears. I'll try to talk to my builder.
We could be introduced to our site supervisor this week! Can only mean were not too far off now right?!?
Hi SwiftonSwift,

Is your slab pored already. I was told the my piering work was supposed to be done yesterday or today. So not sure about the status.
grantham_swift
Hi SwiftonSwift,

Is your slab pored already. I was told the my piering work was supposed to be done yesterday or today. So not sure about the status.

They were aiming to pour tomorrow or Friday however it has not yet been confirmed. They said they would call us a day or two before to confirm because we want to be there when it's poured as we missed the peiring. The last of our piering was done on Friday.

Hopefully it happens on time and this weather hangs around
Hi friends,
Just wondering if anyone building with Ichijo has got CDC approval or official construction commencement date. Please advise.
Thanks
grantham_andrew04
Hi friends,
Just wondering if anyone building with Ichijo has got CDC approval or official construction commencement date. Please advise.
Thanks

Ive had mine lodged a while ago and the certifier came back requesting additional information. revised drawings have now been completed and sent to me which they can now be forwarded back to the certifier. Theyre saying 1.5 weeks from now to get the CDC approval.
grantham_swift,

Our slab has been delayed to end of next week. Has your piering been done? There's a house down the road on the opposite side to us - Lot 156 - they are Jandson too, if you happen to go out there over the weekend can you pls let me know if they have their slab done? They had their piering done same time as us - just curious if we've been put on the back burner because they genuinely busy or not.

Cheers.
Hi mattysears,

I lodged my CDC application 2 week ago. I called Ichijo to check, if it has gone through or not? But Staff advised me to wait one more week as they said, it is under process. We are really getting behind in this building process. No idea, when we will get our complete house.
N
Our CDC was applied on 11/05. no NEWS yet, I was informed that PCA visited the site on 20/05. so far the possibility of build start is in July.
Slab went down last wk. Frames to be delivered next wk. was advised there will be a 4-5 wks wait on the brickies as there is a massive shortage.
GFdo
Slab went down last wk. Frames to be delivered next wk. was advised there will be a 4-5 wks wait on the brickies as there is a massive shortage.

Hi GFDO,

I've heard that as the brickies are short most of the builders are doing reverse building. Which I guess means start building inside first and then brickies work after that. I think that a better idea instead of waiting.
Thanks Grantham_swift. But how much can be done before bricks ? I guess framing, roof, gutter,electrical and plumbing can be done . Bricks will have to go in before gyprock . not sure how this will work
GFdo
Thanks Grantham_swift. But how much can be done before bricks ? I guess framing, roof, gutter,electrical and plumbing can be done . Bricks will have to go in before gyprock . not sure how this will work

HI GFdo,

A friend of mine is building with EdenBrae in RiverstoneGrange. Infact there whole estate is being built by EdenBrae. They are in phase 2 and almost all the homes were reverse built as brikis were short. They started building first week of Feb. What I know from their experience is that all the inside house for e.g. bathrooms, wall painting, sliding doors, doors, tiles, bathrooms kitchen, cabinets everything was ready within 3.5 months before the brickwork. And now as there briki is available they have started putting bricks as well. I think now a days reverse building is very common. It saves time.
Hi grantham swift , quite interesting .all what it takes is 1 good rain make the gyprock wet and we know what happens then .let's see what my builder come up with .
GFdo
Hi grantham swift , quite interesting .all what it takes is 1 good rain make the gyprock wet and we know what happens then .let's see what my builder come up with .

The builder will cover the Gyprock in plastic so it doesn't get wet so it should be fine.
To anyone building with Ichijo:

Ichijo has submitted our driveway application to blacktown council and the CDC application has been lodged about two mos ago. We've been told by Ichijo that the CDC has been approved, pending the driveway application. Hence, they cannot release the approved plans yet. As per Ichijo, the Blacktown council has advised them that they will release the approval of all applications in one go. Am not sure why Blacktown council is taking so long to approve them. Has anyone else been told the same? Has anyone contacted the private certifier? Can we validate this info with the private certifier?
HI SwiftonSwift,

I visited the estate today. No slabs for you and the one opposite to you. I guess you have to wait.
Hi neighbours.

Just wondering if anyone has received a letter from Blakctown Council for a road damage bond? I'm presuming this is refundable if no damage is done? Is it the builder's or our responsibility to pay?
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum