Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with MainVue Homes

Page 35 of 39
Yes I have an inspector but considering how much I am paying for the house, I shouldn't have to spend another small fortune to make sure they are doing they're job correctly. This is only one of the minor issues. My inspector came back with 19 others which need to be addressed. One of them being the garage slab having 9mm fall over 2m :s
Amalfi_536
Yes I have an inspector but considering how much I am paying for the house, I shouldn't have to spend another small fortune to make sure they are doing they're job correctly. This is only one of the minor issues. My inspector came back with 19 others which need to be addressed. One of them being the garage slab having 9mm fall over 2m :s

so sorry to hear that. I totally agree... Spend so much $$$$ on a house and they have no respect. It's annoying..

MyH1Login
Amalfi_536

so sorry to hear that. I totally agree... Spend so much $$$$ on a house and they have no respect. It's annoying..

Did you build with them too?
Amalfi_536
MyH1Login

Did you build with them too?

No.. I just meant it generally overall - it sux when you pay people to do things and they don't deliver.

Can I ask who you built with?
Amalfi_536

A small unknown family-started builder.. I think it doesn't matter the "label" of the builder.. It's the people in them that we end up fortunately or unfortunately with..

MyH1Login
Amalfi_536

A small unknown family-started builder.. I think it doesn't matter the "label" of the builder.. It's the people in them that we end up fortunately or unfortunately with..

Did you have any major issues during yours?
Amalfi_536
MyH1Login
Amalfi_536

Did you have any major issues during yours?

Not structurally major yet (?) but the administrative side was the worst it could get so much so that we had to get through two full tenders, delaying our start date and therefore I have to write an essay detailing every week from tender to now so that we have even a chance at getting the stamp duty refund. Luckily our SS has common sense and worked really well with our inspectors suggestions.

Hi

Does mainvue include a tv antenna?
kenny_geee
Hi

No. Its am extra package. But this should be the least of your concerns. We have just found out they have not constructed our frame to AS standards and it was only picked up by our independent inspector. Its turning into s**t fight and I'm wondering how many other homes have been built to they're "equivalent" level of standard.
Wow, that's pretty bad mate!

Hope it all works out for you
Amalfi_536
kenny_geee
Hi

No. Its am extra package. But this should be the least of your concerns. We have just found out they have not constructed our frame to AS standards and it was only picked up by our independent inspector. Its turning into s**t fight and I'm wondering how many other homes have been built to they're "equivalent" level of standard.

Seems like you've got the worst of the contractors working on your build. We had out share of issues with MV, but it wasnt even half as bad as yours.

I really hope it works out for the better for you going forward.
comfortablywacky
Amalfi_536
kenny_geee
Hi

Seems like you've got the worst of the contractors working on your build. We had out share of issues with MV, but it wasnt even half as bad as yours.

I really hope it works out for the better for you going forward.

Yeah its not looking good. I'm predicting a VCAT may be a required soon.
Seems strange that there is only one Mainvue build going on in this forum at the moment.

This thread used to be quite busy.
Maybe I'm the only one venting?
Amalfi_536

Maybe you're their only client now
Ari
Amalfi_536

Maybe you're their only client now

Is that why I have all their professional advice focused on me?
Hi there

I started building with MainVue (am432) last month. I have been pretty happy so far with their standard of work. They are just about to reach lockup stage and besides a few minor things it has been pretty smooth process. I am building in a new development area and out of all the houses on my street being constructed with various other builders I was the only one with a driveway protector board on my crossover which was really good to see. I have also hired a private Inspector who only picked up a few things on completion of frame stage (they had framed for a different window in one of the bedrooms which was fixed the next day, and one room had the base of the frame hanging a little over the edge of the concrete which they got the concreter back in to fix) Inspector said everything else was good.

There admin staff are very nice but I will admit you do have to follow up with them to get things done and they can take some time to respond to queries.

Amalfi_536 - Who is your site supervisor?? Hope your luck turns around and they pick up their game for you.
Xerxes123
Hi there

I started building with MainVue (am432) last month. I have been pretty happy so far with their standard of work. They are just about to reach lockup stage and besides a few minor things it has been pretty smooth process. I am building in a new development area and out of all the houses on my street being constructed with various other builders I was the only one with a driveway protector board on my crossover which was really good to see. I have also hired a private Inspector who only picked up a few things on completion of frame stage (they had framed for a different window in one of the bedrooms which was fixed the next day, and one room had the base of the frame hanging a little over the edge of the concrete which they got the concreter back in to fix) Inspector said everything else was good.

There admin staff are very nice but I will admit you do have to follow up with them to get things done and they can take some time to respond to queries.

Amalfi_536 - Who is your site supervisor?? Hope your luck turns around and they pick up their game for you.

I don't really want to mention his name on here. I don't believe I am having all these problems due to just him.

I was lucky to find my inspector as apparently he is a frequent with my site supervisor so he knows how they work.
Hi amalfi,

you are not alone, I am going to be building with MainVue (assuming we sign off on our tender, still making adjustments as costs blew out somewhat).

Hopefully they work through and resolve the issues with your frame. I agree with earlier comments, it is the luck of the draw with whatever contractors work on your house. I have been seeing quite a few horror stories recently on this forum from other big name builders with hundreds of defects needing attention before the house is even bricked.

As long as you have your building inspector and MV are responsive to issues raised then it all should get back on track.

PS - I have also been posting (not much yet) on the general Henley thread, but I keep an eye on them both, depending on what is being discussed...

Wishing you the best!
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum