Porter Davis homes

Page 35 of 862
Chorlton
Team PD
Chorlton
Bi-Fold Doors vs Privacy

Hello All,

I'm after some advice

As part of our promotion, we are getting a 4-panel Bi-fold door in lieu of the normal Aluminium sliding door which we are obviously excited about

However, I do have a slight concern about the potential lack of privacy that such a door will offer. With all the windows in the house, we will have blinds installed which solves this problem but in the main part of the house we will have this area of 3m wide which will offer no privacy.

Consequently, can anyone recommend any ideas on how we can deal with this?

Many Thanks in advance,

Chorlton

Hi Chorlton,

I understand you're investigating ways to make your bi-fold doors more private. Bel&Marz is correct, you can get blinds, including roller blinds, installed over bi-fold doors. Part of PD's customer rewards program is blinds supplier, the Blind Factory. Check out your PD Rewards pack for more info. You should have received this at contract signing. Let me know if you have any further questions. Cheers, Jess.

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't signed contracts yet but will be doing so in the next couple of weeks, so I'll take a look at Blinds Factory once I receive my pack.

Cheers.....

Hi Chorlton,
You should recieve a rewards pack when you sign your contract, we never knew we were supposed to recieve this until i questioned our CSC after hand over... thanks to a lovely lady from marketing, one was sent out asap.... i guess we got shafted once again. Hope everything goes well for you!
Team PD
Glad I could help
Goodluck with your contract signing! Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers, Jess.

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the offer

Out of interest, may I ask where you are based? Is it at the Main PD Office in Berwick? If so, as my contract signing is in a couple of weeks I wonder whether we could briefly meet as (where possible) I like to be able to put a "name to a face" when communicating....

Would that be possible?

Thanks in advance,
Chorlton
octopus
Hi All,

A little off topic however i did a search for Porter Davis and came across this thread. I am hoping that someone from Porter Davis will read this and actually get things sorted out FOR ONCE!........So as far as being promised ANYTHING, dont believe a word until it is done!. I often stand out the front and look at our house in comparison to others being built in the area and seriously cannot believe the quality difference, not to mention the cleanliness difference (the house currently being built opposite ours is cleaner!!!!!).. If i could recommend one thing that our builder did differently from others that makes a huge difference, is to construct a BIN or somewhere where RUBBISH goes while the house is being built... i dont remember random (lots) of concrete blocks, and bricks, smashed up roof tiles scattered around the place in our building contract!!!!. that i simply dont know what to do with!!!!! TAKE YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!

So Mr. Porter Davis, when are you going to FINISH this job before starting a new one??? I hope your house fills with bugs everynight aswell because you forgot to put the weather seals on your doors and one of the flyscreens fell off the top storey and hit you in the head!!!! (yes this actually happened!)

Also, i was under the impression that lines for solor panels should have been ran while the house was being built so that they are UNDER THE BRICKWORK not installed later on, running uncovered down the side of the house... looks ridiculous, not to mention the very crooked ******* looking solor panel.... hhmmm, hope that doesnt fall down and hit me on the head....

Thanks all if you have made it this far in reading this post... sorry for the length, just wanted to vent some (5 weeks worth) of frustration... I really dont think that some builders realise that the money people spend on their homes is usually every thing they have saved and is probably going to take them a life time to pay off... so it is VERY important, a new house is supposed to be a NEW house.... I feel like they have simply damaged our nice peice of land.. NOT HAPPY
, hope the maintenance guy is prepared!

It is truly disappointing to hear that you have experienced such difficulties throughout your build. Have you contacted your New Home Care Coordinator or CSA at the office? They really need to know about your troubles. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full name, lot address and phone number so I can try to help too. Thanks, Jess.
Hi Jess,

Appreciate your response, it is probably the most positive attitude we have had towards getting things fixed and actually making your clients happy. Allthough i must admit that our CSA was very good to us throughout and was very helpful. I think it came down to the fact our supervisor was so over worked during such a busy period that he was constantly between different job sites and while he wasnt at our place, the various trades didnt really care about what they were doing, and were also probably a little over worked.. One of my biggest concerns was that we were promised so much from our supervisor during our PCI, that never actually eventuated. I have managed to get the contact details of our construction manager and am currently awaiting their response. In the mean time i just have to try and stop my 7 months, pregnant wife from trying to clean all the paint splashes off the aluminum window frames.... New Home Care Coordinator?????

Also can i just add... is it really my responsibility to constantly call the office with the same issues? they have my list of defects..as much as i need to hassle people to get things done, i shouldnt need to, and to me this is a very major reason people choose other builders.. if i had my time again, i would have gone with the same builder that my Neighbour went with, their house is spotless, it actually looks new, their supervisor calls THEM, their builder drops in every now and then to check that everything is going well and asks for any concerns they have, then fixes them!
building1
Frustrated!

I email my CSC because whenever we ring she's never available and don't even get an email back!

Gee - let me guess who that could be.... Unless they are ll like that. Are you building a prestige?
GoKangas
building1
Frustrated!

I email my CSC because whenever we ring she's never available and don't even get an email back!

Gee - let me guess who that could be.... Unless they are ll like that. Are you building a prestige?

Could be LOL
2 days to go until handover and nothing has been fixed since PCI ... It will be a miracle if it all gets done!
Hi cjm, all I can say is hang in there! If you have any concerns, I suggest giving your Customer Service Administrator a call and getting an update on what's happening. Let me know if you have any questions, or have any difficulty contacting your CSA. I hope everything goes well at handover! You've come a long way. Cheers, Jess.
Just thought i would let everyone reading this know that since posting my threads, thankyou Jess
, i have been contacted by the construction manager and our site supervisor and also the tiler is booked to fix up his work. Our supervisor has advised and update on all our issues and is going to drop in shortly.
Ill post an update shortly as to whether they stick to their words, let this be a good "real life" example of how well and true promises are eventuated.
Hi octopus,

I was just about to respond to your previous post when I saw this! I'm so glad you've been contacted by the construction manager. I passed on your details to the PD office the other day, so it's good to see that they got on top of it. Please keep us updated on how everything goes. And if you have any questions in the future, or have any difficulties contacting someone at the PD office, please let me know. Goodluck with everything. Cheers, Jess.
Thanks Jess, you have been a great help! I have been assured verbally that wheels are in motion, however i will keep updating these posts until they are resolved, as a bit of a public example our experience.

Once again thankyou!
Hi everyone

I had my tender appointment last Monday and it went pretty well.

At first I was crushed because I found out I could not have my alfresco extension - nothing to do with PD - estate covenants! Oh well....I guess that saves me some money.

The appointment took about 2.5 hours and it was a good chance to ask heaps more questions.

I had actually included a total "pie in the sky" wishlist of everything I wanted so that I could see what the price came in at at tender - and I actually left most things in.

Things I took out - $5500 for cat 3 roof tiles! (I will have the standard!), $13,000 for timber floors! (since tender I had UTF quote the floors...same company that PD use....and they quoted $8700 - crazy mark up from PD on this one!). Pretty much everything else stayed in.

Now I have 2 weeks to finalise everything for my colour appointment! aaaagh
Chorlton
Team PD
Glad I could help
Goodluck with your contract signing! Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers, Jess.

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the offer

Out of interest, may I ask where you are based? Is it at the Main PD Office in Berwick? If so, as my contract signing is in a couple of weeks I wonder whether we could briefly meet as (where possible) I like to be able to put a "name to a face" when communicating....

Would that be possible?

Thanks in advance,
Chorlton

Hi Chorlton,

Unfortunately I'm not located in the Main Berwick office so meeting might be a little tricky. But I really appreciate the thought, I'm glad I have been able to follow your progress on the forum and help you out where I can. Is there any particular part of the tender signing process that you're unsure of? The staff that will be taking you through the tender are lovely and will help answer your questions to the best of their ability
I'm sure it will be a breeze for you, especially after all the research you have done so far
Cheers! Jess.
octopus
Thanks Jess, you have been a great help! I have been assured verbally that wheels are in motion, however i will keep updating these posts until they are resolved, as a bit of a public example our experience.

Once again thankyou!

I'm glad I could be of help and am very happy to hear that you feel supported. Please continue keep us all updated with your progress on the forum, it's a great resource for others who may be in a similar situation. Let me know how everything goes. Cheers, Jess.
Audreyand Oscar
Hi everyone

I had my tender appointment last Monday and it went pretty well.

At first I was crushed because I found out I could not have my alfresco extension - nothing to do with PD - estate covenants! Oh well....I guess that saves me some money.

The appointment took about 2.5 hours and it was a good chance to ask heaps more questions.

I had actually included a total "pie in the sky" wishlist of everything I wanted so that I could see what the price came in at at tender - and I actually left most things in.

Things I took out - $5500 for cat 3 roof tiles! (I will have the standard!), $13,000 for timber floors! (since tender I had UTF quote the floors...same company that PD use....and they quoted $8700 - crazy mark up from PD on this one!). Pretty much everything else stayed in.

Now I have 2 weeks to finalise everything for my colour appointment! aaaagh

Hi AudreyandOscar,

It sounds like your tender appointment went well! It must be such a relief to have it done and out of the way. I'm sorry you missed out on the alfresco extension, but I'm glad you have managed to keep most of the items in your wishlist. Goodluck with finalising your colour appointment in the upcoming weeks and please let me know if you have any questions in the future. I look forward to your updates. Cheers, Jess.
Team PD
Hi cjm, all I can say is hang in there! If you have any concerns, I suggest giving your Customer Service Administrator a call and getting an update on what's happening. Let me know if you have any questions, or have any difficulty contacting your CSA. I hope everything goes well at handover! You've come a long way. Cheers, Jess.

1 day to go and still nothing has been done ...
Hi Cjm,

Do you mind me asking where abouts are you building? it kind of reminds me of our build... i wonder if you have the same supervisor... hmmm... just a heads up, even though all the little red stickers were gone, alot of the paint touch ups were not done in ours... keep that in mind... good luck, hope your house is perfect!
octopus
Just thought i would let everyone reading this know that since posting my threads, thankyou Jess
, i have been contacted by the construction manager and our site supervisor and also the tiler is booked to fix up his work. Our supervisor has advised and update on all our issues and is going to drop in shortly.
Ill post an update shortly as to whether they stick to their words, let this be a good "real life" example of how well and true promises are eventuated.

Well Done Octopus, don't let them mess with you
Trust everything is taken care of.
octopus
Hi Cjm,

Do you mind me asking where abouts are you building? it kind of reminds me of our build... i wonder if you have the same supervisor... hmmm... just a heads up, even though all the little red stickers were gone, alot of the paint touch ups were not done in ours... keep that in mind... good luck, hope your house is perfect!

Hi octopus,

I'm building in Williams Landing. Turns out that handover will not be this Friday after all. Got to cancel the removalists now and pay a cancellation fee. Maybe I will send the bill to PD ...
Hi

Do you know when PD's SS and CSA goes on christmas break? The display house is shutting from Dec 12 to 3rd Jan. How about SS and CSA over christmas break?

Thanks
Yellow.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum