Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 340 of 433
Drew01
We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Has anyone got a rough idea of what it costs to tile a downstairs of a Glendale 45?

It immediately overcomes the issue of skirting and cabinetry over flooring - tiles HAVE to go under.

Not to mention that we can use a steam cleaner on a tiled floor that we can't use on timber flooring...
Laying cost about $45 m2 in Melbourne - polished porc rect 600 x 600. Tile cost depends on your taste.

Drew01
We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Has anyone got a rough idea of what it costs to tile a downstairs of a Glendale 45?

It immediately overcomes the issue of skirting and cabinetry over flooring - tiles HAVE to go under.

Not to mention that we can use a steam cleaner on a tiled floor that we can't use on timber flooring...

Hi,

We are building in Sydney. We chose 1200x800 tiles and paid 18k. That was in lieu of the promotional flooring as well. 600 x 600 came to 11k which was the nicest tile they had. They had some 600x 600 for like 4K but the colours didn’t suit our taste. Our house is 60sq so quite large as well

Drew01

Why don’t you conferring solid timber?

As you can see the floorboards can easily go under the kitchen island.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Drew01

Hi Drew 01 we r building Glendale 50 n our tiling cost for a 600 x 600 tile for $8500 for 163sqm. This is after taking the flooring pack.

Does anyone have steam cleaning references in melbourne....we have to get it done for our rental

Renman
Drew01

Why don’t you conferring solid timber?

As you can see the floorboards can easily go under the kitchen island.

We can't afford the extra to do to solid timber.

There is zero reason the flooring can't be laid under the cabinetry, it's just that they cite the risk of it getting damaged after being laid.

There are protective coverings we're prepared to pay for, but they're adamant they don't do it, despite the supplier saying they do it

Jayjay84
Drew01

Hi,

We are building in Sydney. We chose 1200x800 tiles and paid 18k. That was in lieu of the promotional flooring as well. 600 x 600 came to 11k which was the nicest tile they had. They had some 600x 600 for like 4K but the colours didn’t suit our taste. Our house is 60sq so quite large as well

Hi jay jay. What house are you building? Your building nearly the same size as us. We are building the doulton but we extended it to nearly 67sq. Except we have no alfresco area as we changed it into a lounge room. As the doulton hasn’t got one in there design.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Jayjay84
Drew01

Hi,

Hi jay jay. What house are you building? Your building nearly the same size as us. We are building the doulton but we extended it to nearly 67sq. Except we have no alfresco area as we changed it into a lounge room. As the doulton hasn’t got one in there design.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Hi, we are building the Nolan it blew out to 64sq but council said we had to take it down to 60. We wanted a very modern design so metricon custom designed a facade to our specs for us. We looked at the doulton but the Nolan suited us a little more.

Jayjay84
Doulton777
Jayjay84
[quote="Drew01"]We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Hi,

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Hi, we are building the Nolan it blew out to 64sq but council said we had to take it down to 60. We wanted a very modern design so metricon custom designed a facade to our specs for us. We looked at the doulton but the Nolan suited us a little more.

[/quote]

Don’t remember if I seen the Nolan. What facade did they give you? Where abouts you building? Why did the council reject the 64?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Jayjay84
Doulton777
[quote="Jayjay84"][quote="Drew01"]We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Hi,

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

Don’t remember if I seen the Nolan. What facade did they give you? Where abouts you building? Why did the council reject the 64?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

I loved the facade called the cube so they created a similar one. Our land is only 702 sq so too much house for the block lol

Jayjay84
Doulton777
Jayjay84
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="Jayjay84"][quote="Drew01"]We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Hi,

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

I loved the facade called the cube so they created a similar one. Our land is only 702 sq so too much house for the block lol

[/quote]

Hahaha our land is much smaller then yours and we got a 67sq on a 576sqm block. Metricon made it fit without altering. And the council never objected. Do you have a large family or just want a big house. All the tradies that’s come there all seem to question why we are making such a big house. Is yours on new land?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Jayjay84
Doulton777
[quote="Jayjay84"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="Jayjay84"][quote="Drew01"]We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Hi,

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahaha our land is much smaller then yours and we got a 67sq on a 576sqm block. Metricon made it fit without altering. And the council never objected. Do you have a large family or just want a big house. All the tradies that’s come there all seem to question why we are making such a big house. Is yours on new land?

Ours is on a new block and the area have massive restrictions etc. I’m in a 48 sq Claremdon house now and feel it’s a bit too small hence the decision to build again. No family the house will be just for two people.

Jayjay84
Doulton777
Jayjay84
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="Jayjay84"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="Jayjay84"][quote="Drew01"]We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Hi,

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ours is on a new block and the area have massive restrictions etc. I’m in a 48 sq Claremdon house now and feel it’s a bit too small hence the decision to build again. No family the house will be just for two people.

[/quote]

We are 47sq now but with 9 kids. How do you find 48sq with two people small lol?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
We wanted to get the doulton classique. But the developer had strict guidelines on that. So we couldn’t get that.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Can I ask what everyone thinks of the new window laws where you can't fully open a window that's more than 2m above ground surface... our windows can only open about 12cm...
CamillaS
Can I ask what everyone thinks of the new window laws where you can't fully open a window that's more than 2m above ground surface... our windows can only open about 12cm...

That’s been like that for years as far as I know.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Beginning our journey with Metricon, planning to build a Hayman 29. Paid deposit and signed the quote, color selection next.

Getting the crossover moved in the meanwhile, looking for a concreter.

Will keep posting regular updates and all feedback/advise would most appreciated.

Thanks All
CamillaS

Adding security screens will allow the windows to open fully.
Managed to log into My Metricon for the first time and noticed a name listed under Site Manager. Is that the site supervisor or someone else?
dulie
CamillaS

Adding security screens will allow the windows to open fully.

We added screens. But it still makes no difference here in melbourne. Too be honest I wouldn’t even trust screens if you have kids. I have had a kid full out of our holiday home

from the second story with a flyscreen. I don’t think fly screens are that stable enough where it will support a child leaning up against it. I understand why they do this.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum