Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 336 of 862
djames
Ok so I was there last weekend and definitely white gloss is available for Lifestyle which was a pure white... white birch gloss was still there but only for prestige... however don't despair cos the white birch looked creamy next to the white gloss for lifestyle... in fact it looked so creamy that it got me thinking that it could actually be a different colour from the old white birch.

This is crazy!!!!
A lovely member on the forum gave me a list of houses with the bricks we were looking at (Brushwood) in the Epping area so yesterday my husband and I set off on the train (with our bikes) and rode around the new estates in Epping North/Wollert. It was SO hot, I don't think I've ever had that much water in a single day!!!
I also felt very strange stopping and looking at peoples houses, I needed to take a few photos and I was getting the evil eye from some people which is understandable!!

Anyway, let's just say, I am more confused now!!! I saw one house with Brushwood (double story, no render) and I didn't like them at all. They looked very red. Yet, I saw three to four single story homes with render and I loved the colour combo on most and the bricks looked fine!

We're now considering a Cat 2 option (Brown Terrain) but I just don't know now. I was pretty much set on the Brushwood from Day 1. I was thinking of Brushwood with Woodland Grey/Jasper tones for gutters/windows/garage door etc. ARGH! Back to the drawing board I think...
seashoremontague21
As for water tank we deleted that and im getting a 2000l tank from thintanks 460mm wide so il goes up against a wall nicely and it onyly cost bit over a grand instead of pds $3500

Water tank installs are gravy to builders. There are also other savings apart from the inflated tank prices. It is an area that most ignore.
ftdt7882
A lovely member on the forum gave me a list of houses with the bricks we were looking at (Brushwood) in the Epping area so yesterday my husband and I set off on the train (with our bikes) and rode around the new estates in Epping North/Wollert. It was SO hot, I don't think I've ever had that much water in a single day!!!
I also felt very strange stopping and looking at peoples houses, I needed to take a few photos and I was getting the evil eye from some people which is understandable!!

Anyway, let's just say, I am more confused now!!! I saw one house with Brushwood (double story, no render) and I didn't like them at all. They looked very red. Yet, I saw three to four single story homes with render and I loved the colour combo on most and the bricks looked fine!

We're now considering a Cat 2 option (Brown Terrain) but I just don't know now. I was pretty much set on the Brushwood from Day 1. I was thinking of Brushwood with Woodland Grey/Jasper tones for gutters/windows/garage door etc. ARGH! Back to the drawing board I think...

The brushwood home i viewed - there a picture is on my blog - was hell (sorry to the poor soul who owns it) - i did see a nice "batch" though but i dont want to rely on a good batch!
seashoremontague21

Yeah definitely push that one and make sure!

We weren't happy with the standard floors, dishwasher or water tank and in the end we upgraded the floors and paid the difference (so got credit for standard) but took the dishwasher and water tank out completely and are supplying our own and got the credit back in full for those items. We did have to push for it though, basically had to tell them that if we didn't get the credit we would go elsewhere before they finally wrote the credits into our contract (and even then it was at the last minute!). It's worth the push though and sourcing your own where possible if you're adamant about it. We ended up getting the water tank we preferred at about $1,000 less than the cost of the PD supplied tank and through end of season sales got the dishwasher we preferred at almost the same price as the PD supplied.

Good luck!

Hi seashoremontague21

Just wanted to ask you a question about your floor. Did you go for the spotted gum in the manhattan or the timber top? We went to hopetoun on the weekend and the bolero doesn't really cut it for us, the colours are too call for our existing furniture (Tasmanian oak). I had a look at your upgrade price on the other page but I just wanted to know which range you upgraded too.

I have to say I was very overwhelmed by the whole hopetoun experience. Was able to pick most of the outside but the kitchen stuff sent me over the edge
mindabinda
seashoremontague21

Yeah definitely push that one and make sure!

We weren't happy with the standard floors, dishwasher or water tank and in the end we upgraded the floors and paid the difference (so got credit for standard) but took the dishwasher and water tank out completely and are supplying our own and got the credit back in full for those items. We did have to push for it though, basically had to tell them that if we didn't get the credit we would go elsewhere before they finally wrote the credits into our contract (and even then it was at the last minute!). It's worth the push though and sourcing your own where possible if you're adamant about it. We ended up getting the water tank we preferred at about $1,000 less than the cost of the PD supplied tank and through end of season sales got the dishwasher we preferred at almost the same price as the PD supplied.

Good luck!

Hi seashoremontague21

Just wanted to ask you a question about your floor. Did you go for the spotted gum in the manhattan or the timber top? We went to hopetoun on the weekend and the bolero doesn't really cut it for us, the colours are too call for our existing furniture (Tasmanian oak). I had a look at your upgrade price on the other page but I just wanted to know which range you upgraded too.

I have to say I was very overwhelmed by the whole hopetoun experience. Was able to pick most of the outside but the kitchen stuff sent me over the edge

We got the utf timbertop flooring and spotted was one of the hardest and most scratch resistance for what we needed we also when to a show room with all the timber top and others and it looked the best for how long and worn it was we have friends that have the same but in jarrah and it looks amazing but a little red for my liking.
3 days till i get my keys...ayyayyyaaayyayayaayya

captainsideburns

How exciting. Seems so surreal for someone just starting on the journey..........All the best.
captainsideburns

It's finally happening!!
ftdt7882

We have just built our double storey in brown terrain and absolutely love it! Can post a pic if you like.
skye02
The brushwood home i viewed - there a picture is on my blog - was hell (sorry to the poor soul who owns it) - i did see a nice "batch" though but i dont want to rely on a good batch!

Yeah the Brushwood pic on your blog is very orange! I agree with you, I don't want to rely on a good batch!
cinderella_375
We have just built our double storey in brown terrain and absolutely love it! Can post a pic if you like.

That would be awesome, thank you!

Sorry about the rubbish cage still in the way! It was either that, or the latest is a pile of dirt from when we leveled the front and back yard!!
cinderella_375

Sorry about the rubbish cage still in the way! It was either that, or the latest is a pile of dirt from when we leveled the front and back yard!!

Wow, that looks GREAT! I love the colours!!! May I ask what it cost you to upgrade to that brick?
cinderella_375

Hi Cinderella,

Is that off white mortar? or natural?
Upgrade was $1854 but totally worth it.
Mortar is natural with rolled mortar.
I was told to allow $800-$1000 per category for brick upgrades if that helps
cinderella_375
captainsideburns

It's finally happening!!

Woohoo!! Such an exciting time
captainsideburns

That's so exciting! That will be me in... mmmmm... over 12 months?! haha!
Contract appointment at 1pm. Hoping it goes at least a little better than my Tender did!

HD
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum