Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 333 of 364
Hi Mellily,

Do you have a fixed site cost for your build? Might be worth while to see if they can fix the costs?

Shade cloth and sediment control was included in my fixed site cost while Temp fencing was included as part of our council requirements. Don't have any costing for the storage cages so not sure if that will still show up.

LOL you'll think a lot of things should be included when building but actually that isn't the case!

I still can't get over Carlisle not even having any towel holders/toilets rolls as part of their selections!

Mellily
Hi everyone,

We got the following extra cost at our tender which we never expected. Just wondering if you got similar bills as well. These extra bills are killing our other upgrades. Shouldn't they be included in the base price as these must be paid when build a house?

1.Provide shade cloth protection to double storey scaffolding to left and right hand boundaries where house is less than 3000mm from the boundary. $1000
2.Provide site cage for rubbish containment $2450
3.Provide temporary fencing to all four boundaries $1250
4.Provide sediment control barrier to the front of site $400

Many thanks.
OceanBlue
Mellily
Hi everyone,

We got the following extra cost at our tender which we never expected. Just wondering if you got similar bills as well. These extra bills are killing our other upgrades. Shouldn't they be included in the base price as these must be paid when build a house?

1.Provide shade cloth protection to double storey scaffolding to left and right hand boundaries where house is less than 3000mm from the boundary. $1000

Many thanks.

Are you building in an established are with neighbors around? Maybe knockdown rebuild?

We got all these except rubbish cage, don't think I paid for that. Sounds bit unreasonable.

Thanks for your reply. Our land is vacant land.
PEARZ
Hi Mellily,

Do you have a fixed site cost for your build? Might be worth while to see if they can fix the costs?

Shade cloth and sediment control was included in my fixed site cost while Temp fencing was included as part of our council requirements. Don't have any costing for the storage cages so not sure if that will still show up.

LOL you'll think a lot of things should be included when building but actually that isn't the case!

I still can't get over Carlisle not even having any towel holders/toilets rolls as part of their selections!

Hi, Thank you for your reply. We are in our tender stage. Is it too late to talk about fixing the site cost? I agree with you. I cannot understand they don't offer towel racks and toilet paper holders which are must-haves for a house.

Mellily
Hi everyone,

Many thanks.
Mellily
OceanBlue
Mellily
Thanks for your reply. Our land is vacant land.

If there are no next door neighbors why do you need shade cloth? Have you thought of getting a fence done prior to build so you dong pay for temp fence to three sides?
OceanBlue

If there are no next door neighbors why do you need shade cloth? Have you thought of getting a fence done prior to build so you dong pay for temp fence to three sides?[/quote]

a good point. Thanks
I am so so worried about the site costs!!! We have terrible land where we are building that will require H2 to P class slab which they have estimated $20k for and then $6k for council and $6k for developer requirements. I wasn't sure what exactly was needed for council but i guess the things you have mentioned will be it. The included site costs should really cover those essential things though!!!
Does anyone know the cost to add extra outdoor taps and also the cost for zoned heating?
Hi, We just had our colour appointment today. To have zoning for the heating, you need to upgrade the standard heating system, upgraded to a 5 star and it was just over a $1000 and each zone added costs $500 each. I hope that helps.
Thanks for that YowaSo, so it would be $1500 for upgrade to unit and 2 zones (upstairs and downstairs)?

How did your colour appointment go today? Any extras that you weren't counting on?
Did anyone opt out the floors in the living area and installed timber floor after handover? How did it work out for you? Any issues with it? Many thanks
We've signed up for Canterbury 44 and just had our color browse appointment today and although we got prices for some stuff there were others that won't included.

Aww well, a couple of questions if anyone has any answers for me...

1) if an item is included in our promo (that would normally be an upgrade) and opted to select something that is otherwise standard should we expect a credit for it?

2) current promo is for cat 1 tiles but if we opted to get 600x600 lappato tiles instead does anyone have a rough idea how much extra it would be?

Thanks if anyone has any ideas
PEARZ
We've signed up for Canterbury 44 and just had our color browse appointment today and although we got prices for some stuff there were others that won't included.

1) if an item is included in our promo (that would normally be an upgrade) and opted to select something that is otherwise standard should we expect a credit for it?

2) current promo is for cat 1 tiles but if we opted to get 600x600 lappato tiles instead does anyone have a rough idea how much extra it would be?

I asked them for a credit price on our tiled living area it worked out to be about 3200 from memory ( just over 4K as we had upgraded to timber )
To answer you question properly though , yes the cost of the promotional tile should be included as a credit towards your upgrade option .
Couldn't tell you how much extra the large format tiles Will be but expect at least double .

kylz4
Thanks for that YowaSo, so it would be $1500 for upgrade to unit and 2 zones (upstairs and downstairs)?

How did your colour appointment go today? Any extras that you weren't counting on?

Hi Kylz4

The cost would be as follows for two zones

Zone A- $500
Zone B- $500
Upgrade to 5 Star - I can't remember the actual cost but it was just over $1000.
Total cost for the upgrade and the two zones would cost $2000 at a minimum.
If you add in additional zones add $500 to each zone added.

The colour appointment went well, we didn't have too many upgrades. I suppose tender time will tell
PEARZ

We're building the Hansen 29 and we too have Cat 1 flooring included. We have been given an estimated upgrade cost of $5000 for 600x600 Porcelain Rectified (Alto Smoke) tiles. I've been told I can't have a more accurate quote than that as it will be confirmed at Tender but I believe that's taking the fact that we already have Cat1 flooring included in to account. Not cheap

Not sure if that helps.
B_Bear
PEARZ

We're building the Hansen 29 and we too have Cat 1 flooring included. We have been given an estimated upgrade cost of $5000 for 600x600 Porcelain Rectified (Alto Smoke) tiles. I've been told I can't have a more accurate quote than that as it will be confirmed at Tender but I believe that's taking the fact that we already have Cat1 flooring included in to account. Not cheap

Not sure if that helps.

Ouch, is that purely for labour only? I was told the only extra charge was for labour if you wanted anything bigger than 400x400... hmmm... and we wanted to use them for all flooring including wet areas lol... thanks for the info!
Glennc74
PEARZ

I asked them for a credit price on our tiled living area it worked out to be about 3200 from memory ( just over 4K as we had upgraded to timber )
To answer you question properly though , yes the cost of the promotional tile should be included as a credit towards your upgrade option .
Couldn't tell you how much extra the large format tiles Will be but expect at least double .

Thanks, realistically im expecting my floor tiles to range btw 10-15k lol 600x600 lappato for all flooring plus wet areas plus full height tiling... am i dreaming?!! Might need a back up!
Additional cost for the 600x600 will depend on the size of the home and the type of 600x600 tiles chosen. The 'labour only' cost one's would come out cheaper.
We're building the Sorrento 39 and requested for 600x600 labour only tiles and our colour consultant gave us a ball park figure of about $6500, but she advised they still had to go to the estimators and be priced for so it could out priced higher.
Your budget of 10-15k might be right if not too much.
the material cost of 600*600 porcelin will range from 45$ to 120$, that probably make a big difference..........

For additional labour , I guess they should be similar , not sure anyone can shed light on that ? Say , $/sqm for 600*600 porceline?

Also , anyone choose tile from Baroument tile directly instead from spectra ?

Seems the choice from spectra are very limited .......

Also , anyone have the price for full wall tiling yet ( cost of tiling none std tiling area ?)
Hi

Can someone post pictures of the single rob towers and double robe towers that they have got it built from Carlisle for their WIR.

Also I would to understand the cost of these for T-Range homes in Coloured Laminex as well White thingy.

Thanks in advance
Scott2233
the material cost of 600*600 porcelin will range from 45$ to 120$, that probably make a big difference..........

For additional labour , I guess they should be similar , not sure anyone can shed light on that ? Say , $/sqm for 600*600 porceline?

Also , anyone choose tile from Baroument tile directly instead from spectra ?

Seems the choice from spectra are very limited .......

Also , anyone have the price for full wall tiling yet ( cost of tiling none std tiling area ?)

I would also be interested in approx price of 600*600 Porcelain (which has marked labour only) for T-Range 25 square house.
We intend to put 600*600 Porcelain (labour only) in our entrance/living/dining/kitchen/WIP and laundry and we intend to put 450*450 (labour only) to our ensuite/WC and external bathroom.

Any idea on the approximate pricing would be immensely helpful as we have our colour selection appointment on 26th Oct.

Thanks for your help on this.
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum