Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Avenue at Casey

Page 34 of 54
Hi guys, i don't think Flooding will be an issue. we went to our block just after the heavy rain and bar one small puddle it had drained very well. Compared to our old house in Narre Warren which we knew would have been a swimming pool with the same amount of rain we were very impressed.
sarahmatt
Anyway, our valuation came back with "not subject to flooding". Perhaps we in stage 12 are just the lucky ones.

Fingers crossed we're all okay anyway!

Half your luck!! Wouldnt wish it on anyone
Syrus
dale0907
Hi Syrus / Debra,

Can i have the contact details for Ace Fencing / Reds Fencing? Our fence at the back is done and they charged $52 / metre

Some quotes we got were ridiculous and the meterage was less as well (they didn't want to go past the garage and within 5 metres from the front).
He seems to do a lot in our estate as far as i know and he's also done both our neighbours houses and knows what is required to meet the covenant.

Big Reds Fencing: B: 5940 0668
M: 0425 832 325

I think his name was Ian.

Thanks Syrus.. Appreciate that..
dale0907
Syrus
dale0907
Hi Syrus / Debra,

Can i have the contact details for Ace Fencing / Reds Fencing? Our fence at the back is done and they charged $52 / metre

Some quotes we got were ridiculous and the meterage was less as well (they didn't want to go past the garage and within 5 metres from the front).
He seems to do a lot in our estate as far as i know and he's also done both our neighbours houses and knows what is required to meet the covenant.

Big Reds Fencing: B: 5940 0668
M: 0425 832 325

Dale, I am meeting with ACE Fencing on site tomorrow morning - will let you know how I go and per metre charge.

I think his name was Ian.

Thanks Syrus.. Appreciate that..
How has everyone been getting on with there planning submission? ours got rejected by the developer and we have to move the house back 50cm causing us to have to take 17cm off the house because of the rear easement. 17cm is bugger all but its still a pain in the rear.
How is the estate faring this evening guys? I heard that Lynbrook, Fountain Gate etc are flooding at the moment with all this rain
Hi guys!

found this forum tonight just trying to search some posts on flooding in this area!! I am in the berwick springs estate and the flooding is really bad - we had water up to our front door earlier but thankfully it has receded now!! Scary stuff!

Hope everyone is safe

Lou
Jewelbaby
How is the estate faring this evening guys? I heard that Lynbrook, Fountain Gate etc are flooding at the moment with all this rain

Yeah I'm living in the old Fountain Gate estate and we can't get out from all the flooding, definatly going up to our block tomorrow morning to see how wet we are
Flash flooding all over the place. Having seen Rowville and Lysterfield flooded tonight, which have proven to be somewhat immune in the past, it's not looking promising for us! 65ml in an hour apparently, incredible!
We (foolishly) thought we'd pop down to the block after work as we've got stuff on this weekend. Left the city at 6.00, got stopped by flooding on sth gippy hwy, then pound road. Stuck on blocked roads EVERYWHERE. Gave up and have only just made it home to ferntree gully 4 hours later.

I hope everyone already moved in and houses under construction are safe and dry!!
Not long home from The Avenue to check house.....entrance roads completely flooded.

More on my blog as below....
I decided to go into the city after work tonight. Big mistake. I left the city about 8:15 pm and got home not long after 11:00pm. Montague Street flooded, Dudley Street Flooded, Kings Way flooded, St Kilda Rd Flooded, Flinders Street Flooded, Monash closed at Toorak Rd and down to 1 lane at Jacksons Rd but the worst shock of all for me....The Avenue Estate.

Entrance to Thompson's Rd had water across it so thought I would enter from the Eve Estate. Rd was under water from that entrance but decided to go along it any way. Water along Mountain View Blv was up to my door in some places (I drive a RAV) but I decided halfway down the rd that I would drive on the wrong side of the Road as there was little water across that side. I made a lot of illegal turns last night.

Glad to get home, I'm on the high side of the estate so house was ok but sadly my Maple Tree has blown over. I will give it some tlc tomorrow (if the rain stops).

Will be interested to go and inspect the damage tomorrow as it looked like parts of the road was washing away.

One interesting thing to note - I saw a lot of frogs on the road!
I wonder how our house is doing. Doesn't sound good.
Hi all,
We went out to dinner last night at about 6:15pm and then could not get back home to The Avenue. We ended up coming to my mum's in Vermont South to stay for the night and so we have no idea if our house is alright. Out neighbour said the water was up our brickwork and we are in one of the lowest blocks in the estate, so hopefully it hasn't come in. It was almost better not being there because there is nothing we could have done anyway. We're also worried about our roof, which we reported to our builder and have heard nothing back from. There are holes in it apparently. GREAT!!!
Will let you know how we go. A bit scared
stam
Hi all,
We went out to dinner last night at about 6:15pm and then could not get back home to The Avenue. We ended up coming to my mum's in Vermont South to stay for the night and so we have no idea if our house is alright. Out neighbour said the water was up our brickwork and we are in one of the lowest blocks in the estate, so hopefully it hasn't come in. It was almost better not being there because there is nothing we could have done anyway. We're also worried about our roof, which we reported to our builder and have heard nothing back from. There are holes in it apparently. GREAT!!!
Will let you know how we go. A bit scared

Loz and I will keep everything crossed for you Steph and Cam.

Syrus
I wonder how our house is doing. Doesn't sound good.

You couldn't be THAT unlucky. Surely? Your place is pretty high though - I reckon you'll be okay.
Reinsey
You couldn't be THAT unlucky. Surely? Your place is pretty high though - I reckon you'll be okay.

I hope so too, but with those muppets we are dealing with Reinsey nothing would surprise me. I just dont want the slab to heave.
Your intrepid reporter has been out early this morning and taken some photos.

Check out my blog (link below) if you want to see them.

The only roads that were badly flooded were William Thwaites and Moutain View. I was speaking to my SS who said that the dam at the Market Garden flooded and it has done it before. There were vegetables as far down as Burford Way when I went out for a sticky this morning.

kayjay
Syrus
Reinsey

I hope so too, but with those muppets we are dealing with Reinsey nothing would surprise me. I just dont want the slab to heave.

Your place looked pretty good when I passed this morning. There is very little water around there if any. i don't know what it was like last night though.

kayjay
kayjay67

The only roads that were badly flooded were William Thwaites and Moutain View. I was speaking to my SS who said that the dam at the Market Garden flooded and it has done it before. There were vegetables as far down as Burford Way when I went out for a sticky this morning.

kayjay

You should work on Channel 9 Ky - great report!! Sounds like you were really lucky to get home.
I'm guessing that our area is not too bad, especially if the worst of it has come from the overflow of the market gardens down Mountain View. Ironic that we have a flood overlay on our block, although our 2 month old scrape is probably completely submerged.
kayjay67

kayjay

Well done Kayjay, vegetables was all the debris? We were driving around from about 10.00 p.m. last night and internal roads were good. Were the houses along William Thwaites affected?
Related
12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum