Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 328 of 862
Superdaddy
Woo hoo!!! I had a call from the slab supervisor that my site start is today. So excited finally after so many weeks waiting. Can't wait to drive by after work today to see what they have done.

Congrats Superdaddy, it is very exciting to see things finally start... The frame goes up within a few days of the slab-pour...

Its been great weather-wise so things should fly along
Hey Guys,
PCI is done and dusted

No major problems, just some minor paint touch ups, a couple of loose fly screens, a few gaps that need filling and a gutter that needs to be leveled out. Everything else looks OK !
Handover is next week so our journey is quickly coming to an end

I've updated the blog and will put some more photos once we move in and install the flooring.
Until then, be good and swim between the flags
Marto54
tamugrg
Hi,

It's getting frustrating
as it's been 2 & half months since handover from porter davis & there are still quite a few outstanding issues that needs to be sorted like I haven't got music system that I have already paid, some of the things in the design like table hasn't been done, air-condition connection has still not been sorted properly & above all I got an email from developer saying that some of the things in the house do not comply with design standard like ECU should be rear of the house etc & one more.

The thing that frustrates me is I haven't got any response from PD saying when the list of issues that are listed above & some others will be fixed even I have sent a couple of emails to building co-ordinator & site supervisor.

Is there anywhere that I can reach to escalate this?

Thanks !!!

Bottom line, they will never get back to you and complete these jobs unless you make a nuisance of yourself. The 'customer service' part happens pre contract, after that you're just a thorn in their side.

Building a new home 1.01 - The more noise you make, the better service and price you'll get.

This is simply the nature of the industry. Enjoy.

True. It's just unfortunate that you have to make noise to get better service!
It's comforting, this place where all of us can come together and share our grief over tile selections, inclusions, deciphering promos etc lol! It's just so nice to be around others going through the same!

I too find the overinflated costs being "marked down" to be very dishonest and really wish builders would not do that. I'd really rather pay more and get everything I need instead of having to ask questions about every single little thing. Just discovered tonight my favorite builder does not include toilet roll holders. Lol.....

HD
Woohoo! We have a PCI date. Possible hand over by end of month. That's at least 6 weeks ahead of schedule
cinderella_375
Woohoo! We have a PCI date. Possible hand over by end of month. That's at least 6 weeks ahead of schedule

Fantastic news!
cinderella_375

What fantastic news!!! Ahhh I'm so excited for you!!!

HD
Thanks Monkeypantz - We are thinking about obscure glass in the wardrobe too. A door on the ensuite was the first thing we told our SC we wanted! Have one where we are now and it really is a necessity esp with children who like to choose that time to come after you for a chat! We are also putting a door b/n the ens and WIR.

Thanks jnkbids - had a look at your blog! Looks great!

Thanks for the tips Rups - I have been searching on the forums too and I did see your blog last year

Great post on brick colors pdkallara33!

We are leaning towards the Boral Brick "Jarrah" with a colourbond ironstone roof and gutters. We like light window frames and facia, so are tossing up b/n surfmist, primrose and paperbark. We want the same as the window frames for the garage, but we're not sure about surfmist for the garage, it might be too white???

We've got our tender appointment Monday week. Looking forward to it. I've seen some people say that their tender appointments have gone all day, how long 'should' it take? Any tips and suggestions for tender?
cinderella_375

Hi cinderella_375,
That's great news for you
Hopefully after PCI you will be in a position to give your rental agent a 'we're out of here' date. Goodluck with it all.
Cheers, Helen
inglewood
Thanks Monkeypantz - We are thinking about obscure glass in the wardrobe too. A door on the ensuite was the first thing we told our SC we wanted! Have one where we are now and it really is a necessity esp with children who like to choose that time to come after you for a chat! We are also putting a door b/n the ens and WIR.

Thanks jnkbids - had a look at your blog! Looks great!

Thanks for the tips Rups - I have been searching on the forums too and I did see your blog last year

Great post on brick colors pdkallara33!

We are leaning towards the Boral Brick "Jarrah" with a colourbond ironstone roof and gutters. We like light window frames and facia, so are tossing up b/n surfmist, primrose and paperbark. We want the same as the window frames for the garage, but we're not sure about surfmist for the garage, it might be too white???

We've got our tender appointment Monday week. Looking forward to it. I've seen some people say that their tender appointments have gone all day, how long 'should' it take? Any tips and suggestions for tender?

Hi Inglewood

Re your Tender, yes ours took all day and then I had to return for 2 hours on a separate day. One reason I believe is that they are busy with appointments at the moment, we were told they usually only do 4 a day - 2 at 9am and 2 at 1pm, however they are currently doing 6 a day. This is fine with extra presenters, however when they have to make changes to your Tender document with the estimators out the back, we waited 2.5 hours (luckily there is a cafe downstairs at Narre Warren), not sure if there are extra estimating staff to deal with the extra appointments. It also happened to be lunchtime when our break happened. Your presenter will take you word by word through the Tender and everything has to be exact, detailing any changes and locations of anything. Working through the document, we took 1.5hrs, then I had my list to work through of our changes for the day, this took 1hr. Then the 2.5hr break. We then checked through the new document to ensure any new changes had been made, there were some errors and more questions, so had to back to the estimators for some more changes. Another half hour wait. We had to leave though as our babysitter had to be somewhere. So allow the whole day, if you finish earlier, then perfect. As our presenter said though, it is better to get it all right at this stage and be happy. Make sure all locations of everything are listed and nothing is assumed. Your plans will be drawn from these documents.

What I did like was in that 2.5hr break, it allowed us time to go through our lists again and just ensure that we had covered absolutely everything off. We did come up with a couple of things in this time. Check out the forum for "Things you Forget" - someone has summarised it on page 27 - I cut and paste it into 'Word' to help us with any further ideas.

Your colours are sounding nice. We too are going for white windows, not quite sure on the garage colour. We are going for Windspray roof, grey type Renders - hoping Hopetoun will help me with that one! Did our tiles this week, ended up being fun - updated my blog.
LittleWing
cinderella_375

What fantastic news!!! Ahhh I'm so excited for you!!!

HD

That is super, hope this happens for us, otherwise I think we will fall over the Christmas period, would be nice to be in by then. Enjoy the move...
tamugrg
Hi,

It's getting frustrating
as it's been 2 & half months since handover from porter davis & there are still quite a few outstanding issues that needs to be sorted like I haven't got music system that I have already paid, some of the things in the design like table hasn't been done, air-condition connection has still not been sorted properly & above all I got an email from developer saying that some of the things in the house do not comply with design standard like ECU should be rear of the house etc & one more.

The thing that frustrates me is I haven't got any response from PD saying when the list of issues that are listed above & some others will be fixed even I have sent a couple of emails to building co-ordinator & site supervisor.

Thanks !!!

Hi tamugrg,
I understand that you have been contacted and that a PD Building Manager is overseeing the efforts to resolve your issues. If you have any further concerns, you can always Private Message me via this forum.
Cheers, Helen
Team PD
tamugrg
Hi,

It's getting frustrating

Thanks !!!

Hi tamugrg,
I understand that you have been contacted and that a PD Building Manager is overseeing the efforts to resolve your issues. If you have any further concerns, you can always Private Message me via this forum.
Cheers, Helen

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your help
. PD Building manager called me & told me that he has plans to sort out the issues that I had raised with specific dates later to be provided by building coordinator. I am now waiting for call from building co-ordinator/site supervisor regarding the exact date on when it will be sorted. Hopefully, everything will be sorted soon.

Thanks
It's been two weeks since I raised all the issues with my SS in regards to the frame stage for the frame/slab/window issues, a total 22 items in fact and another 11 raised in a Building Inspection report from last Wednesday. The only ones fixed are 2 slab issues non of the other items have been resolved. Each time I have a converstation I'm told stories of how the tradie will be there in the next day or two to fix the issue, and assure it'll be fixed, but nothing happens. How long do people find that issues at this stage of the build take to get resolved?

We've had the house wrapped, plumbing (done wrong) and roof rails install in last 2 weeks. The pace seems to have stopped. It's Day 53 and we don't even have a roof on.

It's no longer exciting to visit the site, just depressing because we now know that every time we go something won't be fixed or a new issues arrises

We are starting to wish we could just pull out...

Oh and to add to it people are stealing our bricks (30 or so) that are sitting there waiting to laid and dumping dishwasher boxes on our site!
pdkallara33
It's been two weeks since I raised all the issues with my SS in regards to the frame stage for the frame/slab/window issues, a total 22 items in fact and another 11 raised in a Building Inspection report from last Wednesday. The only ones fixed are 2 slab issues non of the other items have been resolved. Each time I have a converstation I'm told stories of how the tradie will be there in the next day or two to fix the issue, and assure it'll be fixed, but nothing happens. How long do people find that issues at this stage of the build take to get resolved?

We've had the house wrapped, plumbing (done wrong) and roof rails install in last 2 weeks. The pace seems to have stopped. It's Day 53 and we don't even have a roof on.

It's no longer exciting to visit the site, just depressing because we now know that every time we go something won't be fixed or a new issues arrises

Oh and to add to it people are stealing our bricks (30 or so) that are sitting there waiting to laid and dumping dishwasher boxes on our site!

Hi PDkallara33,
I can sense your frustration and would like to help. Could you please send me a private message via this forum, with your build and contact details and I will have this followed up for you.
Regards, Helen
Thanks so much for the info Mumma DJ!
pdkallara33

Wow. This sucks so much!! I hope you find some resolution soon and the build speeds up.
We had independent inspection done at frame/slab stage and found the problems resolved quickly. It didn't hold up progress at all.
cinderella_375
Wow. This sucks so much!! I hope you find some resolution soon and the build speeds up.
We had independent inspection done at frame/slab stage and found the problems resolved quickly. It didn't hold up progress at all.

How quick is quickly? How long from when you raised the issues to them being fixed? How many issues did you have?

Thanks!
Hello kallara.

Issues were solved within 2 weeks and our ss walked us through and showed us the changes made. So far our ss has been solid gold

Hi all, Does anyone know the upgrade cost from the standard colorbond double garage door (from the stimulus package) to the dynamic decowood door.

Cheers.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum