Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 324 of 364
Scott2233
BTW Brettska

Seems you choose Double Glazing window , do you mind share what is the rough upgrade cost for that option?

thanks

Scott the whole house was $5800 for double glazed windows and about the same for the entertainer doors. We had an extra sliding entertainer door In the rumpus and laundry. All of which where A&L Boutique.

Brettska
Scott2233
BTW Brettska

Seems you choose Double Glazing window , do you mind share what is the rough upgrade cost for that option?

thanks

Scott the whole house was $5800 for double glazed windows and about the same for the entertainer doors. We had an extra sliding entertainer door In the rumpus and laundry. All of which where A&L Boutique.

Many thanks

I pretty sure the double glazed window will pay off
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker and first time poster. After reading this I thought I should contribute

I am building the Sanctuary with Classique Façade in the SE.

Even though the renderings of the façade options show classique windows above the garage, it is not on the standard plan. You need to ask for it and they CAN do it. Keep pushing. As not standard you will only see it at contract tender. Crazy but that's the way it is.

I am not the first to ask this as another is well past lockup stage in the SE... spotted while stalking the neighbourhoods for ideas

Quote:

Good on you Brettska

I have been to the Sanctuary display yesterday and we absolutely LOVE the floor plan.

The only thing concern us is the Facade , we love the Classic facade , but the 1st floor (above garage part) is sticking out 250mm - it seems more Modern design......................

So far, I can only see the facade design from the artist Image , it will helps a lot if I can see it in real life , but I am not sure there is any Sanctuary (with Classic facade) build yet.............
Final point is that the windows will not be 'mirrored' symmetrically. Carlisle have to allow for the toilet door jamb, vanity, and enough standing space in front of it so you are not scaring the people in the street!!

So you will find the windows closer to the central balcony above the garage compared to that on the other side of the house. Looks fine and glad the effort was made to pursue it.

Sanctuary_Classique
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker and first time poster. After reading this I thought I should contribute

I am building the Sanctuary with Classique Façade in the SE.

Even though the renderings of the façade options show classique windows above the garage, it is not on the standard plan. You need to ask for it and they CAN do it. Keep pushing. As not standard you will only see it at contract tender. Crazy but that's the way it is.

I am not the first to ask this as another is well past lockup stage in the SE... spotted while stalking the neighbourhoods for ideas

Quote:

Good on you Brettska

I have been to the Sanctuary display yesterday and we absolutely LOVE the floor plan.

The only thing concern us is the Facade , we love the Classic facade , but the 1st floor (above garage part) is sticking out 250mm - it seems more Modern design......................

So far, I can only see the facade design from the artist Image , it will helps a lot if I can see it in real life , but I am not sure there is any Sanctuary (with Classic facade) build yet.............
Sanctuary_Classique
Final point is that the windows will not be 'mirrored' symmetrically. Carlisle have to allow for the toilet door jamb, vanity, and enough standing space in front of it so you are not scaring the people in the street!!

So you will find the windows closer to the central balcony above the garage compared to that on the other side of the house. Looks fine and glad the effort was made to pursue it.

Many thanks SC ( just send you a msg)

I still recon Carlisle 's master plan is wrong (for the Classique Facade) , but good to know there is way to get around it

BTW, do you have a building blog ?
ubet7
We are doing a KNRB (Milano 46 Hardwick facade with full front render and stone cladding being done post handover to main Pier). Site was supposed to start this week but has been pushed back to 1 Feb next year. Some tips for those doing KDRB based on my experience.
. Look at reducing front setback on house sitting - increase backyard size - this is up to council but if new houses being built in your area appear to have been built closer to the street you have a good chance of having this granted. I gained 2.5 meters of backyard with this. You need to raise this with carlisle otherwise they will simply site your house according to resicode. A fee applies but its reasonable and worth it.
. Extend your garage to boundary if you can - std double car garages are too small anyway - make use of your land as much as you can - then put a garge roller door out the back - handy if you might build a pool etc in future as excavator needs access and they can fit through a single garage door. Carlisle costing for these things are very reasonable.
. Did you know you can have 4 seperate zones on your brivis heating/cooling - not cheap but no one at carlisle seemed to know about this but as i had spoken to brivis i knew what i could get - that way you can have 4 seperate heating and cooling zones with their own controller and only need 2/3 outlets operating at the one time rather than 6/7.
. Did you know you can use the 1200mm x 2340mm (huge) entrance doors as feature sliding doors internally if you want to zone off study, lounger, theatre etc. These are used alot in Metricon displays - and my wife and i love them - we are getting them for our study and lounge - 2 for each room with one fixed and the other slides behind the fixed one.
. Look at replacing windows on ground floor to sliding/entertaining doors - the upgrade is very reasonable - we replaced widows on home theatre and the meals area with entertainers so we have direct access outside in these areas.
. Double glazing the whole house - all glass windows and doors - if you can afford it do it. Our cost was about $11k and this was after increasing height of all sliders/entertainers to 2340mm.
. Increase ceiling heights - makes the home much grander - ground level was $4,256 to go to 2740mm ceiling height and upstairs was $3,780 to go to 2590mm height.
. 600mm eaves in lieu of 450mm eaves was only $518.
. Upgrade all bedroom doors to solids - great for noise reduction
. As we are doing a pool in a few years i had 2 rear external powerpoints wired to 40amp cable - this will save me costs down the track. All other external powerpoints i upgraded to 15amp.
. Foxtel points with cat 6 internet cable - $250 per point - think where you might put foxtel especially on ground floor - otherwise foxtel will run cable on external part of your home - ugly.
. I placed an extra 4 water taps around the home - cant have too many.
. I placed external gas point (future BBQ - no more gas bottles) hot/cold water and waster to alfresco.
. 5000 litre water tank connected to 6 internal toilets and one garden tap on tank - $5k - with concrete slab laid when they do house slab.
. will do all downlights post handover but getting std light fittings to all locations where downlights will go. Will do 10w and 15w LED lights post handover - the 10W are close to current 50w halogens and the 15w are brighter - even on ground floor this is easy to do.
. double powerpoints at $52 a pop is reasonable - load as many as you think you might need in the house - also think externally.
. Gas fireplace - Jetmaster XLR Plus - this produced the same heat as the SLR 550 but looks so much better and modern - and the price is only a little bit more
. Do you love square set cornices - downstairs we are doing for $2,086 which is very reasonable
The main thing we are doing post handover as we dont like floating floorboards nor the cold tiles is solid engineered spotted gum floorboards that are glued to the slab - very expensive but really makes a difference. The brand is tectonic flooring and we have asked carlisle not to fix skirting boards to ground level where we will have timber floors glued down (i cant stand the quad against the skirts with floating boards). That way i will fix the skirting boards over the timber floors post handover. We are having carlisle do the carpet all upstairs and downstairs to study and home theatre - the rest is floorboards. If you go to new David Jones at Highpoint - at the entrance are the tectonic spotted gum floorboards which we will get.
ive done quite a few more upgrades etc but main ones are listed above.

good tips

many thanks
Hi All!

What a fantastic thread... So much heartache saved by spending the time to go through all of your experiences. Some really wonderful homes in here.

My wife and I (First home buyers) are still in the very early stages, but it's a stage nonetheless!

Last week I managed to put a deposit on a block of land (14x36.5) in the west (truganina) and also put the $1000 deposit on Carlisle's Hansen 29.

This house won the Display home of the year award (or something
) in 2013, but doesn't seem to be a very popular choice in this thread? It seems great for us as we don't have any children yet, and it has the least amount of zoned off areas (i.e no rumpus/activity off rear hallway). We are also opting for the study in lieu of 4th bedroom (no charge).

I have a little list of things I'd like to do (Mostly collated from ideas in this thread)

• General
○ Extend Garage (width)
○ In preparation for refrigerative air-con: pre-wire and fit bigger ducting
○ Power-points
§ End of island bench
§ Inside WIP
§ Alfresco
§ Hallways
○ Cavity doors to Theatre (and Study?)
• Kitchen
○ Delete the Dishwasher
○ Extend island bench 800mm to 1000mm (for bar stools)
○ Under cabinetry lighting
• Bathroom
○ Caeserstone benchtop
• Ensuite
○ Caeserstone benchtop
○ 2nd shower head in shower
• Master Suite
○ No rails/shelving in WIR for post handover installation.

To be honest I don't really have any questions
However I'm really open to any suggestions and advice! I'm a first home buyer (and we're working to a pretty slim budget) so I really have no idea. lol. Just wanted to say G'day to you all and thanks for all of your info.

Looking forward to getting on with this Carlisle journey!

Cheers!
B_Bear
Hi All!

What a fantastic thread... So much heartache saved by spending the time to go through all of your experiences. Some really wonderful homes in here.

My wife and I (First home buyers) are still in the very early stages, but it's a stage nonetheless!

Last week I managed to put a deposit on a block of land (14x36.5) in the west (truganina) and also put the $1000 deposit on Carlisle's Hansen 29.

This house won the Display home of the year award (or something
) in 2013, but doesn't seem to be a very popular choice in this thread? It seems great for us as we don't have any children yet, and it has the least amount of zoned off areas (i.e no rumpus/activity off rear hallway). We are also opting for the study in lieu of 4th bedroom (no charge).

I have a little list of things I'd like to do (Mostly collated from ideas in this thread)

• General
○ Extend Garage (width)
○ In preparation for refrigerative air-con: pre-wire and fit bigger ducting
○ Power-points
§ End of island bench
§ Inside WIP
§ Alfresco
§ Hallways
○ Cavity doors to Theatre (and Study?)
• Kitchen
○ Delete the Dishwasher
○ Extend island bench 800mm to 1000mm (for bar stools)
○ Under cabinetry lighting
• Bathroom
○ Caeserstone benchtop
• Ensuite
○ Caeserstone benchtop
○ 2nd shower head in shower
• Master Suite
○ No rails/shelving in WIR for post handover installation.

To be honest I don't really have any questions
However I'm really open to any suggestions and advice! I'm a first home buyer (and we're working to a pretty slim budget) so I really have no idea. lol. Just wanted to say G'day to you all and thanks for all of your info.

Looking forward to getting on with this Carlisle journey!

Cheers!

HI B-Bear I am also building the Hensen 29 elsewell. We are also first home buyers... we are building out the south east side of Melbourne. We are awaiting our land to title and to have our Tender appointment!
Hope everything runs smoothly for you!
PS: had no idea that the Hansen had won an award!
union7
HI B-Bear I am also building the Hensen 29 elsewell. We are also first home buyers... we are building out the south east side of Melbourne. We are awaiting our land to title and to have our Tender appointment!

Hi union7. Great to hear that someone else is building the Hansen 29! Best of luck with it all

What sort of upgrades or customisations are you making to the house? Have you been quoted (rough idea?) for any of these?
What are the dimensions of the block you are building it on?

Really looking for to your build due to the lack of other Hansen builds I've seen!
B_Bear
union7

Hi union7. Great to hear that someone else is building the Hansen 29! Best of luck with it all

What sort of upgrades or customisations are you making to the house? Have you been quoted (rough idea?) for any of these?
What are the dimensions of the block you are building it on?

Really looking for to your build due to the lack of other Hansen builds I've seen!

I know, I am excited that someone else is building the Hansen!
once I have my tender, Ill PM you the pricing and what not! it will defiantly help!

At the moment we have gone with the following upgrades; awaiting pricing for it all!

Eaves
Colourbond Roof
Upgraded our floorboards to 2A Cat
Upgraded the underlay
Extended the width of the bench to 1000mm
Upgraded the ceasar stone to 40mm instead of the 20mm
Waterfall ends for the kitchen
Niche Shelf in the master shower
We are moving the microwave from under the bench to the overheads
Sliding doors for the WIR and Ensuite
Pot draws where possible in the kitchen

We stayed with most of the standard inclusions and upgraded or added things where we couldn't once we were in the house.
My partner is a sparky so we will do LED's ourselves and just added in a few extra tv points in each of the rooms.
There was soo much choice, the only thing we aren't too sure is the tiles in the bathrooms!
Which façade are you going with?
We are hoping to have our land titled at the end of sept / October.
union7
once I have my tender, Ill PM you the pricing and what not! it will defiantly help!

At the moment we have gone with the following upgrades; awaiting pricing for it all!

Eaves
Colourbond Roof
Upgraded the underlay

We stayed with most of the standard inclusions and upgraded or added things where we couldn't once we were in the house.
My partner is a sparky so we will do LED's ourselves and just added in a few extra tv points in each of the rooms.
There was soo much choice, the only thing we aren't too sure is the tiles in the bathrooms!

Great! Looks like a good list.
I will need to add the shower niche to my list, as well as maybe ensuite and WIR doors....

So many decisions!

At this stage we've put forward that we would like to go with the Oakley Facade, which is the facade used in the house's display video:
https://youtu.be/4JMBS1Xnh8g

However, it's not one of the free ones, and we may well change that to favour internal upgrades. (600x600 porcelain tiles are $$$$
)

B_Bear
union7

Eaves
Colourbond Roof
Upgraded the underlay

Great! Looks like a good list.
I will need to add the shower niche to my list, as well as maybe ensuite and WIR doors....

So many decisions!

At this stage we've put forward that we would like to go with the Oakley Facade, which is the facade used in the house's display video:
https://youtu.be/4JMBS1Xnh8g

However, it's not one of the free ones, and we may well change that to favour internal upgrades. (600x600 porcelain tiles are $$$$
)

Thank you! its soo tough with so many decisions to make!
Sorry I hadn't answered your question about the land we have a 507m2 sized block on a corner.
Which I think is a massive advantage as the alfresco is facing the corner of the block so we are able to make more use of the backyard. I don't know the exact sizes.
When we had singed up we had the summer promo and got to have any façade. We have choosen the Hartley!
Ohh and speaking of which we have upgraded the bricks... going with the Chesnut and having the off white mator.. which these two are also upgrades! Something you cant change when your in! We are hoping everything falls well within our budget!
The only thing we are worried about is the site costs. which I am busting to find out at tender, as well as everything else! haha
We were also so shattered that the display house had closed down near us!
union7
Sorry I hadn't answered your question about the land we have a 507m2 sized block on a corner.
Which I think is a massive advantage as the alfresco is facing the corner of the block so we are able to make more use of the backyard. I don't know the exact sizes.
When we had singed up we had the summer promo and got to have any façade. We have choosen the Hartley!
Ohh and speaking of which we have upgraded the bricks... going with the Chesnut and having the off white mator.. which these two are also upgrades! Something you cant change when your in! We are hoping everything falls well within our budget!
The only thing we are worried about is the site costs. which I am busting to find out at tender, as well as everything else! haha

No problems

And I know what you mean about the closed display home! I've put the deposit down sight unseen. Haven't actually stepped foot inside a Hansen! However the sales guy we were speaking with took us through another house and was able to show us similarities and differences etc. Was actually fairly informative.

And you make a good point... Basically I think what we're doing at the moment, is collating a list of 'possible/functional upgrades' trying to keep the really greedy, luxury, "could probably live without" items off the list. But when it comes time to cull the list to fit in the budget, we will - attempt to - take all emotion out of it, and simply choose what is more beneficial to do while building and leave the things (even though we may love them) that can be done post build, till then.

Our land isn't expected to title till July, so we are well ahead of the curve I think... But hey, the excitement is real! lol

B_Bear
union7

No problems

And I know what you mean about the closed display home! I've put the deposit down sight unseen. Haven't actually stepped foot inside a Hansen! However the sales guy we were speaking with took us through another house and was able to show us similarities and differences etc. Was actually fairly informative.

And you make a good point... Basically I think what we're doing at the moment, is collating a list of 'possible/functional upgrades' trying to keep the really greedy, luxury, "could probably live without" items off the list. But when it comes time to cull the list to fit in the budget, we will - attempt to - take all emotion out of it, and simply choose what is more beneficial to do while building and leave the things (even though we may love them) that can be done post build, till then.

Our land isn't expected to title till July, so we are well ahead of the curve I think... But hey, the excitement is real! lol

Which house is similar to the Hansen! Its a lovely home... the space is amazing! We loved it as soon as we walked in the door!
You should ask your SC if they are able to take you through one that is been built or at lock up stage if they have any built out that way.

Yeah defiantly! I don't think we have gone crazy on upgrades... time will tell!

Its defiantly exciting times ahead! Hopefully it is titled on time for you! We had signed contracts and they had said it would be titled in June! but it just means extra time to save... which can help with a couple of the upgrades!
union7
Which house is similar to the Hansen! Its a lovely home... the space is amazing! We loved it as soon as we walked in the door!
You should ask your SC if they are able to take you through one that is been built or at lock up stage if they have any built out that way.

Yeah defiantly! I don't think we have gone crazy on upgrades... time will tell!

Its defiantly exciting times ahead! Hopefully it is titled on time for you! We had signed contracts and they had said it would be titled in June! but it just means extra time to save... which can help with a couple of the upgrades!

To be honest, I can't even remember. I think it was the Sunbury 29 at Taylors Hill.
It wasn't so much that it was the same, but he was able to show me the things out of the Sunbury that are the same as the Hansen. Although the floorplans are different, he was still able to point out features and items that were the same - albeit, in a different layout.
Hey guys if you don't know , you can go to Beaumont tiles and have a look for your tile selections anything with a red dot next to the price is builders cat 1 , silver dot cat 2 , gold dot cat 3 . If your struggling to choose tiles and tile colours it could help out having time to browse at your own leisure .

Glennc74
Hey guys if you don't know , you can go to Beaumont tiles and have a look for your tile selections anything with a red dot next to the price is builders cat 1 , silver dot cat 2 , gold dot cat 3 . If your struggling to choose tiles and tile colours it could help out having time to browse at your own leisure .

Thanks Glennc74, that is really handy to know, do beaumont generally have more tiles from the cat 1 range in their showrooms?
I am struggling something shocking with the tiles, all i want is a light sort of grey that isnt over powering! hahaha
I'm not as happy as I was the other day. I'm not sure If I've made a bit of mistake with the lot I've gone for. It's a great size and location, however it's north facing... Meaning my living areas and backyard are south facing... Did I make a mistake jumping in to this block of land?
union7
Glennc74

Thanks Glennc74, that is really handy to know, do beaumont generally have more tiles from the cat 1 range in their showrooms?
I am struggling something shocking with the tiles, all i want is a light sort of grey that isnt over powering! hahaha

Yeah they do have a better range to look at I found a few possibilities while I was there that Carlisle didn't have in the showroom , if you find anything there buy a sample tile to take to the colours appointment ( with all the information of the tile ) . We ended up choosing really simple white wall tiles and dark grey porcelain floor tiles for most areas , laundry backsplash we went opposite for the walls and got black . Very light grey wall paint throughout .

hi all

We are first home buyers and couples with no kids at the moment and have selected indiana 33 and quay facade. is anyone else building indiana??. If yes then what sort of upgrades are you making to the house, and how much extra do u have to pay.

Going by the thread i feel a bit relieved as there is lot of info available, thanks for sharing guys!!

We went to spectra last week for browsing and got a little overwhelmed, it will be great if you guys can help
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum