Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building at Oran Park?

Page 322 of 331
homerun2oran
mikegrg1
Need some advice...
I am building at Opt on a corner block and was wondering can I not follow the Opt fencing guideline eg: instead of timber fence, get brick and aluminium and bring the fence to come all the way to the side of the house...? I know I will not get the landscape $5000 rebate but I am happy to let that go...
Any experience or feedback is appreciated...

You can do that.
My block is 30m long. As per their guidelines, side fence can go only 1/3rd of the length of block i.e. 10 m.
I phone them to ask can I extend it until 15m which 1/2 of total length.
Their reply was 'yes you can, but you're looking at losing about $2-2500 of your landscaping rebate'
I have seen plenty of corner blocks that have colorbond extended almost along the full length of the house.

Are u building on a corner block too?
My block is about 30m too and was thinking of putting the timber fence up to like 23m... up to side of the house...
because I have about 6 m land from the side of my house to the fence... don't want to loose that much land outside the fence

Likewise we have a corner block but just at slab stage haven't really thought too much about the side fence but wouldn't want to lose too much land

homerun2oran
mikegrg1
Need some advice...
I am building at Opt on a corner block and was wondering can I not follow the Opt fencing guideline eg: instead of timber fence, get brick and aluminium and bring the fence to come all the way to the side of the house...? I know I will not get the landscape $5000 rebate but I am happy to let that go...
Any experience or feedback is appreciated...

You can do that.
My block is 30m long. As per their guidelines, side fence can go only 1/3rd of the length of block i.e. 10 m.
I phone them to ask can I extend it until 15m which 1/2 of total length.
Their reply was 'yes you can, but you're looking at losing about $2-2500 of your landscaping rebate'
I have seen plenty of corner blocks that have colorbond extended almost along the full length of the house.

Does the 1/3rd rule apply to corner lots only or to any Lot in Oran park?
Corner only

Hi All,

We have our PCI Inspection tomorrow at noon. I would like to take suggestion of all who have already completed this. I am building with New Living Homes. Can all of you guide us as to what the process is like and what to look out for? Do builders miss certain things during inspection? We are bit worried and want to make sure everything is taken care by the builder?

Please provide your valuable inputs...

Cheers
Deb and Sandy
Debanjan99
Hi All,

We have our PCI Inspection tomorrow at noon. I would like to take suggestion of all who have already completed this. I am building with New Living Homes. Can all of you guide us as to what the process is like and what to look out for? Do builders miss certain things during inspection? We are bit worried and want to make sure everything is taken care by the builder?

Please provide your valuable inputs...

Cheers
Deb and Sandy

Your builder wont tell you their mistakes. Take your time make sure you check everything. Take light globes with you if you didnt upgrade to downlights house will be dark otherwise and miss things.

Check your bench and cupboards for scratches.
I took my own building inspector with me so i didnt stress to much we built with masterton.

Inside my linen cupboard they forgot to tile it.

Pink batts were thrown in roof not layed out.

Good luck

I was wondering who issues the occupancy cert?? Is it the council or OPT staff?

mikegrg1

Independent company

mikegrg1

Ours was issued by Local they are a local certifier.

Anyone need 2 tonne of these rocks pick up at oran park

Anyone have any recommendations for Fencing companies? Hoping for less than $65/m
Hi All,

OPT is proposing to council that an increase of $200/yr is charged to all residents, for the maintenance of parks etc.

I think this is ridiculous, nobody was told of such an amount during purchase of land. No other landcom development i.e the ponds charges this ontop of the heavy council fees.

What do you all think about signing a petition and forwarding this to council?
Phoenix7
Hi All,

OPT is proposing to council that an increase of $200/yr is charged to all residents, for the maintenance of parks etc.

I think this is ridiculous, nobody was told of such an amount during purchase of land. No other landcom development i.e the ponds charges this ontop of the heavy council fees.

They have been talking of this for about two years. We spoke to council back then and they said they knew nothing about it. I'd be happy to sign a petition should it help but I don't see how they could impose a fee like that as it's through councils and that is what rates go towards. This would have been thought of in the original development plans/proposals before they even cut the first piece of land a few years ago. If it's good for one estate should be good for all new estates in the council area. All estates are meant to have parks ect for the community as part of their development guidelines. I don't think it's right or fair

Our Nolan
viewtopic.php?p=1516376%23p1516376
leelee116
Phoenix7
Hi All,

They have been talking of this for about two years. We spoke to council back then and they said they knew nothing about it. I'd be happy to sign a petition should it help but I don't see how they could impose a fee like that as it's through councils and that is what rates go towards. This would have been thought of in the original development plans/proposals before they even cut the first piece of land a few years ago. If it's good for one estate should be good for all new estates in the council area. All estates are meant to have parks ect for the community as part of their development guidelines. I don't think it's right or fair

Our Nolan

Also after watching a current affair last night we are getting slugged for our bin charges before we build the house. I reakon this is a rip off too. I phoned council, they said everyone pays it. Yes but is this legal charging for waste removal before we get our bins?

sandra 2016
leelee116
Phoenix7
Hi All,

Our Nolan

Also after watching a current affair last night we are getting slugged for our bin charges before we build the house. I reakon this is a rip off too. I phoned council, they said everyone pays it. Yes but is this legal charging for waste removal before we get our bins?

Agree. We shouldn't be paying for services not yet rendered. Stealing in my book

Our Nolan
I can confirm, after a phone call a colleague had with the sales center, they are proposing this with council at $200 a year.

Agree with you LeeLee
they are calling it an infrastructure levy fyi
Phoenix7
I can confirm, after a phone call a colleague had with the sales center, they are proposing this with council at $200 a year.

Agree with you LeeLee

I purchased my block in 2014 and they were explicitly advertising it during the land release.
For residents, prior to 2014 no one was advised of such a levy. The land prices are already 500k, they are making 90%profit on these blocks, surely they would've factored the cost of the development in these costs. We purchased our block in 2013, no advise was made regarding such costs.
Hello guys, I need to get my driveway done soon, any recommendations?
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum