Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hamptons double-storey Melb - back landscaping stage 2

Page 33 of 43
Hehehe. Yeah. Pretty disturbing. In saying that the movie WAS awesome though. I saw it in 'high frame rate' which means even more clearer and real than normal. Great except for spiders, haha.
I love your house cinder. Absolutely wonderful transformation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crazyk thank you, I really appreciate that
Wow, what a contrast!
Didn't even notice your driveway, (or lack thereof)- too busy looking at the house
Haha, thanks
Something that definitely needs to be done before winter - otherwise lots of sludge!
Is there a door bell or a door knocker to the house, Cinder? A mate of mine is currently building the house and he has had an electric point set up so the door bell is wired as opposed to changing batteries. A door knocker would go with the period style though!
My hubby's in the security business so it's all wired up for keyless entry and intercom with video, that's the doorbell. Yeah no sure about the knocker. We have to think about a security door though it'll be a shame to cover up the feature door. Both for security and to allow a breeze through (before someone suggests one of those glass ones!)
Oh cool, yea it will be a shame to cover up the feature door. I dont have a fly/security door to my entrance door (current house) which is a feature door and the compromise was...to leave it locked most of the times - no flies that way and security is being taken care of by the security cam.
Looking good ... love the tiling and the way the dining table 'floats' over the wooden floor! We don't have a fly screen either so the front door is always closed (and on show) and the wind would be too fierce anyway so it's all good .... we get plenty of ventilation with windows and rear door.
Thanks Mclaren. Yeah none of our windows have fly screens nor our back sliding doors (yet). Also we are getting new kittens in 2 months that are going to be indoor cats, and I'm conscious of them escaping! We have a 4 year old, though he's pretty well trained. Security door just provides that extra level of protection. We'll see what happens.
House looks beautiful cinder, what a transformation! Enjoy

P.S - that clown picture was highly disturbing LOL
Congrats on the new place! It looks awesome!
Haven't posted for awhile guys, sorry, but the garage windows were finally fixed on the weekend (requiring a whole new garage door!) anyway here's one of what it used to look like, and now the new ones. Yes less detailed and more subtle which is what we wanted.

Before

After

Next step is to get the driveway/paving done, have to arrange some quotes. Also want to get both sideways concreted too so not going to be a cheap endeavour.
cinder - looks beautiful!
Thanks GC
Phew that one last thing is done.
What a difference ... worth fighting for and waiting for
Cinder great finish!!!

Thank you guys. Most definitely a long wait!
Beautiful house ! I love the style! Cogratulations!
Thanks Tamarind!
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum